Latter Day Saint: Mormons Exposed

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Beat-man, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Beat-man

Beat-man Active Member

2. K

K Well-Known Member

??

3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Ah, people and their beliefs in cults. It would be hilarious if it weren't so goddamn terrifying.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

42:00 - 57:00

It's amazing how far white men will go to demonize Black people and attempt to continue to keep them enslaved through eternity.

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Out of the myriad of organized religions, Mormonism is one of my least favorites just because of how openly racist it used to be.

Also, you made it much farther into the movie than I did lol. I got to the half-hour mark and I couldn't take anymore.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

I was on a bit of a mission though and I did jump around a bit. There are sooooooo many Mormons around and I have some concerns about some things about them lately. I have a friend who is an ex-Mormon (grew up in it and her family was way up in the cult). She's told me that the majority of the people in it don't even know their own history, what they believe, and so forth. Of course, for me, the racism stuff is a HUGE issue. I even had one try to tell me about how that was long ago in the past and so forth. Really? Their policies were still in full force in 1978 and there are still all sorts of things going on today. 12 years ago there was still all sorts of issues with racial issues with adoption.

You really should check out the part I mentioned. They go on about how black people are black because they are cursed and they their skin color is the "mark" and if they repent and do good works they can get lighter - even white! One of the Apolostles they interviewed even said he saw it happen. However, if anyone sins their skin will darken.