Kim K has become a Prison activist? Meeting With the POTUS?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, May 30, 2018.

1. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

What's desperate?

One pardon didn't change the criminal justice system.

Jeff Sessions is still AG, and he's still pushing harsh sentences and refusing to enforce consent decrees against problem police departments.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-bobb-consent-decrees-work-20170425-story.html

The pardon was a publicity stunt, and this administration, which you support, is still upholding systemic racism in the criminal justice system as a matter of policy.

Like I've said repeatedly, I genuinely hope that Trump proves me wrong and actually does something substantive.

2. Beat-man

Beat-man Active Member

she is doping the job that black lives matter won't do

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

EXCLUSIVE
    KIM KARDASHIAN
    MEETS WITH TRUMP ON PRISON REFORM
    FREEING ANOTHER PRISONER

This one is incredible because the judge quit after being bound by mandatory sentences and sentencing this guy!!
    I think President Trump will pardon him! I feel it in my bones. I pray he does!! <3

Back story....

Kim just pulled up to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. and is getting cleared by security to enter the Oval. Kim has just entered the White House to meet with President President Trump and his administration Wednesday morning to talk prison reform and to possibly lobby the Prez to free another person who has been sentenced to life in prison for drug-related charges.

We've learned Kim flew to DC in the middle of the night from L.A. for the face-to-face.

Her cause is prison reform ... and she's also championing the case of Chris Young, who is serving a life sentence in Tennessee for cocaine and marijuana possession. Young, who is now 30, has already served just under 10 years.

Kim was on the 'Wrongful Conviction' podcast with Jason Flom and talked about the Young case ... saying she had a phone call with Young and promised to work for his freedom.

Update:

7:57 AM PT -- Kim just left the White House ... Deputy Press Secretary Hogan Gidley described the meeting in further detail, saying, "Today at the White House, members of the Administration are hosting a listening session about the clemency process. The discussion is mainly focused on ways to improve that process to ensure deserving cases receive a fair review."

Among the other attendees at the meeting were Jared Kushner,
    Van Jones
    and Judge Kevin Sharp, who sentenced Chris Young.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2018/09/05/kim-k...mp-meeting-white-house-prisoner-drug-charges/

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

l posted the link above you a few hours ago.
    Pretty cool, hope he pardons.

6. Frederick

Great. Another publicity stunt while the White House secretly works to perpetuate the drug war.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...nitiative-to-highlight-the-evils-of-weed.html

...and the Sessions's more severe sentencing guidelines for drug crimes are STILL in effect.

Kim is being used to take the heat off of the fact that Trump's DOJ is giving people longer sentences for drug crimes.

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Absolutely a publicity stunt. I think it's yet another lame attempt by this president to say... "See, I really do care about black people", which is a bigger pile of sh*t than his alleged 239lbs.

8. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Kim seem to evolve to a woman that get things done. Respect.

9. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Yeah, she gets her nails done, her hair done, her ass done and what not.

10. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

She seems to finally becoming deeper than just the superficial shit. Some political development is happening and I appreciate it.

11. Frederick

Trump's now back to calling for nationwide stop-and-frisk.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/08/tru...s.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar

Anybody still believe that this clown is serious about criminal justice reform and not just telling people what they want to hear?

...and FYI for anybody who's unaware, crime is at record lows in NYC since the NYPD was forced to end stop and frisk.

Even the conservatives at the National Review now admit that they were wrong about racial profiling.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018...-and-frisk-crime-decline-conservatives-wrong/

...yet Trump is still out there spouting this bullshit.

12. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Smh. Not suprising, but still... smh.

13. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The problem is that Trump's core voters don't give a shit and are just as bigoted and racist as he is.

The man is a demonstrated moron and yet his true believers are willing to follow him and the nation over the cliff.

14. Frederick

Yeah, I know that the MAGAs are going to ride with him until the bitter end. I also know that the people who hate him are never going to change their opinions either.

The issue is people fronting like he actually cares about any social issues.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Kanye West will meet President Trump on Thursday to discuss manufacturing jobs in Chicago and opportunities for ex-cons

• The rapper will meet Trump along with his son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner
    [​IMG]
    A representative for West confirmed the meeting.

The White House also said a meeting was on the books - but didn't say when it would be happening.

'Kanye West is coming to the White House to have lunch with President Trump and he will also meet with Jared Kushner,' White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said. 'Topics of discussions will include manufacturing resurgence in America, prison reform, how to prevent gang violence, and what can be done to reduce violence in Chicago.'

Good to see the President tackling the outlandish crime problem in Chicago from all angles. Harsher punshments and harsher monitoring for the criminals, as well as breaks and HOPE for the reformed, and for those who WANT TO WORK AN HONEST'S DAY'S WORK.
    Huge Thanks to those who are about doing and not just about..bitching.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

'I'd like to find a lot of people like Alice Johnson': Trump declares that more prisoner clemency is coming because too many Americans are jailed for 'no reason'
    By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor

[​IMG]

• President says administration is actively looking for more 'Alice Johnson' cases
    • Kim Kardashian has already weighed in with Trump on two other cases since then
    • Kardashian's husband Kanye West will be at the White House on Thursday
    President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he wants to free more federal prisoners like Alice Johnson, the woman who he ordered released in June after she served 20 years of a life sentence for a first-time nonviolent drug conviction.

'I'd like to find a lot of people like Alice Johnson,' he told reporters in the Oval Office during a briefing about Hurricane Michael.

'There are a lot of people that are in a situation like that,' the president added, 'and we are actively looking for those situations.'

Trump's acknowledgment that he could soon flex his presidential clemency muscle again came less than a day before Kanye West is expected to visit the White House...

(Here is one of the new cases President Trump is likely reviewing..)

[​IMG]

Chris Young, 30, is serving life for dealing drugs, a sentence handed down by a federal judge who later quit his job in protest of one-size-fits-all mandatory minimums.

Young has been incarcerated since December 2010, when he was arrested while talking to a drug dealer whose car, just steps away, contained eight ounces of powder cocaine and six ounces of crack cocaine.

Young refused to plead guilty and accept a 14-year sentence; prosecutors convicted him of conspiracy to distribute the entire stash – which happened to be within 1,000 feet of a high school – and carrying a firearm while trafficking drugs.

He had been convicted of minor drug possession crimes twice as a teen, checking the federal government's boxes and drawing a mandatory life sentence as a habitual offender...

Judge Kevin Sharp, who left the bench last year in protest of an 'unfair' system that tied his hands, participated in a White House meeting in September that included Kardashian and senior Trump adviser Jared Kushner
    [​IMG]

Sharp told the Tennessean in 2017 that most drug defendants 'are not dangerous. They're just kids who lack any opportunities and any supervision, lack education and have ended up doing what appears to be at the time the path of least resistance to make a living.'

'If there was any way I could have not given him life in prison I would have done it,' he said of Young.

(The other we already know about @ Mathew Charles..
    [​IMG]
    He had served 21 years when the Obama administration unveiled a policy change meant to equalize the way the government views powder and crystal forms of the same drug.

Like hundreds of other men, Charles found himself out of federal prison early in 2016. But prosecutors successfully convinced a judge that an earlier state prison sentence had mad Charles a 'career criminal' – meaning the new guidelines didn't apply to him.

In March federal judge Aleta Trauger told a packed courtroom that her 'hands were tied' and told Charles he had 45 days to surrender himself for 14 more years behind bars.)

A White House official told DailyMail.com this week that the president has fielded clemency requests in recent months from members of Congress on both sides of the political aisle.

At least two, the official said, have linked their requests to Johnson's so-far successful new lease on life.

Trump said Wednesday that 'there are a lot of people like that, that will unfortunately be locked up for many, many years.'

'And there's no reason for it,' he said, 'so we'll be – we are looking for, we are actively looking for other situations exactly like that.'

Alveda King, an evangelical leader whose uncle was Martin Luther King Jr., submitted a list of nearly 100 names to the White House in August...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  17. z

z Well-Known Member

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Another case: Kevin Cooper

Kim is taking her fight for criminal justice reform local -- asking the Governor of California to look into the case of a man some suggest has been framed for murder.

KKW tweeted out the message to Governor Jerry Brown Sunday, saying ... "Kevin Cooper to your legacy of smart, fair and thoughtful criminal justice reforms." She retweeted an opinion article from the NYT titled "Justice Delayed, With a Life on the Line."

Governor Brown, please add Kevin Cooper to your legacy of smart, fair and thoughtful criminal justice reforms. https://t.co/OzhZIWdxWL

— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) October 7, 2018
    The article's author, Nicholas Kristof, argues that Cooper -- a black man who was convicted of 4 heinous murders in Chino Hills, CA in the '80s -- might've been framed for the crime. He's currently on death row at San Quentin, and Kristof says an advanced DNA test could exonerate him. Kristof reports that Gov. Brown has dragged his feet on ordering one.

Full Details:
    http://m.tmz.com/#!2018/10/07/kim-k...wn-review-kevin-cooper-case-murder-death-row/

19. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I think Lemon was totally on point. West needs help. I think Trump and many of his supporters will say that those critical are such because of their political views and/or distaste for Trump. The truth is that this is totally aside from politics and so on. This guy was indeed exploited by the president, and he needs help. That said, this is not to paint West as a victim here, but once again the fact that he's quite unstable was exposed. As a fellow black person I was embarrassed for him, and he was quite the blathering buffoon.

I heard an interview with S.E. Cupp, and again... She was totally on point with her comments. It was a circus in every sense of the word. Too bad Kanye is the sole person who doesn't realize what a sad shitshow it was.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Why do you and sour Lemon care how he is seen? He's not one of you - you've made it perfectly clear. "He's an uneducated negro" that is what you have told White people and the world. Luckily, you don't get to tell him (or us) what to think. Kanye at this point, is his own man.

A man who asked for tax breaks for black business owners, asked for manufacturing jobs to come back to Chicago and Illinois, called out the cradle-to-grave Government teat and the subliminal (or overt) eradication of Black fathers from the home. Called out China and Vietnam surpassing us in manufacturing, he called out racial profiling in stop-and-frisk, he called out the plantation mentality' and denounced the 'toxic masculinity accusations for just being a man... among other things. Of course you and Don Lemon hate that, lol.