Kim K has become a Prison activist? Meeting With the POTUS?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, May 30, 2018.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You sound jealous or pissed. Likely both.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

And obviously their love for each other is stronger than politics and that is the way love should be.

3. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

The fuck does this prove?

Here's pictures of war criminal Henry Kissinger with Democratic politicians. Does that make him a "darling of the left" too?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Frederick

Also, LOL @ the fact that this is the only part of that post that you could nitpick.

What exactly did Trump's meeting with KK accomplish? Did Trump pardon Alice Marie Johnson? Did he even mention her name or the racial disparities in the sentencing? Did anything happen besides the White House releasing the official photo of their visit?

Fuck no.

Dude pardoned racist conspiracy monger Dinesh D'Souza for a crime that he was clearly guilty of the next morning.

5. Frederick

Trump commuted Alice Johnson's, which is a good thing.

However, Jeff Sessions' decision to rescind the Obama era sentencing guidelines is still in effect.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/12/politics/sessions-criminal-charging-memo/index.html

So there are more Alice Johnson's being made by daily by Trump's DOJ. If and when he pulls back from the "law and order" bullshit and commits to criminal justice reform, I'll actually be the first to give him credit.

Until then, it's just another publicity stunt.

6. darkcurry

I'm surprised he pardoned her. But knew it was going to come with something. But Thank you, Kim for reaching out to this man to do this for that lady.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This makes Meek Mill look bad for not meeting with Trump about prison reform like he originally planned to, just because Jay-Z & Obama told him not to.

8. Frederick

How so?

9. darkcurry

AMAZING How Many People Now Thanking And Praising Kim After She Was Made A Joke About Her Meeting With Donald Trump About This! AH-MAZING!

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah this is one l could never mock her, or him, for. It's people's lives here.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I learned of that through you. It's his life, how is he going to let haters talk him out of a potential pardon. All his rights would have been restored, no more lawyers, judges, police, jail threat, he can carry to protect himself like entitled under the 2nd amendment...at the end of the day, Jay Z doesn't have to worry or live Meek's life.
    (am l right that was what the meet was for or was it just for prison reform?)

Side note: saw him over the weekend joining a barbeque at a house on a street. Either he had just stopped by unannounced (?), but traffic was getting ridiculous as people started to block roads when they realized he was there, so l left the area.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Her expression says it all.
    May she live her life continuing to pay it forward.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

He should had pardoned her instead of commuting the sentence.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    With her 45-yr old daughter Catina, who was 23 when she was convicted.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

On Thursday, the mother-of-three brushed off claims that Trump had only granted Johnson's release because her endorsement gave him 'legitimacy.'

[​IMG]

'I think Kanye has already given him legitimacy,' she said, referring to her husband's many tweets and vocal support for the president, in an interview on CNN. 'And I was working on this before, so I don't think I would be used".

[​IMG]

'And at the end of the day, he heard me out. We got the job done. So what could he really use me for?'

She added that she believed Johnson's incredible prison record, which saw her ordained as a minister, and earn several degrees behind bars, had moved the president.

'He felt her heart,' she said on CNN, adding that the moment she found out he was granting Johnson her freedom had been deeply emotional for her.

'When he said he had the papers in front of him and he was signing it, my heart was so full,' she added.

The 37-year-old Keeping Up with the Kardashians star explained that Ivanka Trump had helped set up the meeting with her father.

'When I initially called Ivanka, I said I would love a meeting with your dad.
    I said that from the start and that took about six or seven months to get."

'And so once we got the file really strong we were able to plan a meeting.'

That meeting just happened to fall on Johnson's birthday.

'I though OK that's all aligned. The stars are all in our favor today,' she said.

Kardashian admitted she felt 'star struck over the Oval Office' during her meeting at the White House.

Then came the tense wait to see if she had done enough the persuade Trump.

"That week after the meeting, you're just literally on pins and needles waiting to hear out what was going on,' she said. 'I had been in communication with Jared so I was feeling things were looking positive".

So yeah he called my cell phone,' added Kardashian, who was on the phone to her husband Kanye when she got the call.

'I said; 'Wait babe I got to call you back.'

'I knew it had to be some news.'

She said Trump told her he'd looked into the case and spoken to her prison wardens, and others involved with her case.

Trump told her that 'Everyone had a unanimous... feeling of Alice that she will live a great life and that she has done her time and has been such a model person in prison.'

'He felt her heart,' she added.

The meeting between Trump and Kardashian took place last week and the White House shared a picture of the pair after the meeting, that reporters were not allowed anywhere near.

Johnson's attorneys had prepped Kardashian for the meeting with Trump where she begged for clemency for the for the great-grandmother.

After the meeting, Kardashian left the White House and headed for Kushner and wife Ivanka Trump's Washington D.C. home. Exclusive photos taken by DailyMail.com show the reality star walking inside and laughing with the First Daughter and her husband.

An official White House statement later said that it was a 'commutation' and that it was being granted because 'Ms. Johnson has accepted responsibility for her past behavior and has been a model prisoner over the past two decades.'

'Despite receiving a life sentence, Alice worked hard to rehabilitate herself in prison, and act as a mentor to her fellow inmates,' the White House statement said, noting that even her warden had 'exhibited outstanding and exemplary work ethic.'

The White House said, 'While this Administration will always be very tough on crime, it believes that those who have paid their debt to society and worked hard to better themselves while in prison deserve a second chance.'

Kardashian afterwards had a call with Alice Johnson and that it 'will forever be one of my best memories.'

18. Frederick

Like I said, it's great that Alice Johnson is home with her family, but pardoning one person isn't "prison reform." That's what she was supposedly advocating Ms. Johnson's case for, right? To highlight the problems in the system as a whole.

I don't see anything in any of these articles about Trump asking his Attorney General to reinstate the Obama era DOJ guidelines RE sentences for non-violent drug offenders.

As it stands now, this administration is creating NEW Alice Johnsons on a daily basis as a matter of policy.

Kardashian did a good thing for this woman, but if she doesn't put the full issue in context, then all that she's done is given a POTUS who's committed to perpetuating the prison industrial complex a huge PR win.

19. Frederick

Anybody who hasn't actually watched the video of the Van Jones/KK interview should peep it in the link below.

Look at her reaction when Van Jones tells her that she was already put in a campaign ad, which she clearly didn't know beforehand.

She realizes on the spot that she got played.

https://twitter.com/CrazyClarine/status/1005026245166419968

LIke I said in the other thread: if Trump blunders into ending marijuana prohibition just to slight Jeff Sessions for not shutting the Russia investigation, it's still a massive win.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

FGS! Did you even watch it? Obviously, you did not.
    Watch it and pay attention.

Van asked her for her response to some (jealous) critics...
    "...Who have said: "You've sort of, you've..you've endorsed him in a way,
    You've kinda given him legitimacy,
    He might put you in a campaign video,
    He used you?"

NOT that he already did.

And her response to his questions is the exact response l highlighted in my original post above,
    which was, she felt no, because "Kanye has already given him legitimacy, (with his support tweets)".

https://mobile.twitter.com/CrazyClarine/status/1005026245166419968/video/

There was no "gotcha" reaction"
    per your...
    "Look at her reaction when Van Jones tells her that she was already put in a campaign ad, which she clearly didn't know beforehand.."

In reality, the questions were actually a reveal of a typical, desperate attempt of the haters to de-ligitimize Kim's efforts and Alice's commutation.