Killed By A Cop In His Own Home

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm assuming they needed a warrant to enter further. The killing took place at the doorway. She claimed she realized after turning om the lights it wasn't her apartment. They have to inspect the place of the killing, right? A warrant keeps it all on the up and up or by the book.
    That's just my assumption.

2. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

It would also make sense for them to search her apartment to see if there was some previous connection with the two, but she already packed her shit and moved out.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Since when do they need a warrant for an active crime scene. Interesting.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

And to see if she was taking illegal drugs that might have impaired or impacted her judgment. Maybe they did get a warrant before she left.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

IDK the scope perimeters. Maybe the lease stipulates to search any apartment they must secure a warrant if the leaser is deceased.

Much like the terrorist killers in San Bernardino - their phone content became a civil liberties issue with Apple who refused to hand over evidence-based phone records without a warrant.

To us everything seems cut and dried but there are complex laws, statutes, amendments and even Union contracts to follow so nothing is overturned on appeal.
    For example, she's not been fired because of their police contract and wont be unless she's found guilty.

6. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

If they did, this shows that DPD/Texas Rangers only care about selective transparency . No word on the search of her place, if there was one, and not a peep about her drug test. Apparently the weed and a weed grinder was on the counter in the kitchen but we don't know what she did during the time she was on thur apartment with his dead body. Fingerprinting would be the common sense thing to do.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I did a search on warrant requirements and found this...as noted earlier (to TDK), pretty much expected the 4th constitution to be dead center in it..

The cases are in the link..

Most exceptions to the warrant requirement are ingrained into every peace officer’s brain. For example, you understand and recognize that no warrant is required when there is consent, when items are in plain view, or when there are exigent circumstances. Additionally, the crime of homicide will nearly always constitute an emergency and justify law enforcement’s initial warrantless entry to the scene.

However, recently we have encountered confusion about whether officers need a warrant to process a murder scene. In other words, a homicide has occurred in the suspect’s home and a protective sweep has been conducted revealing no evidence in plain view. Now, the homicide investigators need to get to work and the crime scene needs to be processed. Do the officers need either the suspect’s consent or a search warrant to process the crime scene? You bet.
    The three main United States Supreme Court cases are summarized below:

1. These warrants are based on a US Supreme Court cases..

https://www.rlslawyers.com/no-murder-scene-exception-to-the-4th-amendment/

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What in the holy fuck are you talking about? How on Earth is that a response to my post?

9. The Dark King

No clue why you were included that was meant just for Bliss

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That right wing drone is defending this cop?

11. The Dark King

She's actually being fair

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's new.

I guess her designer added more than one line of code after all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

14. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Only because this case is so egregious that nobody in the right-wing media is even trying to stick up for the cop. Otherwise, she'd have the talking points ready to go.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  15. The Dark King

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I know I'm late on your post but you are spot on. Folks just don't get it because it has rendered them indeed insane.

17. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm actually surprised about that. LOL.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Freddy nailed it. She's just stalling, waiting on talking points from Fox news, brietbart and the daily mail.

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

This chick is done. Her police union abandoned her which means she's going to have to pay for her own defense.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

But, but, but......The South is the most racist part of U.S.

------ TDK

EDIT:

I don't even look at Texas as part of the Deep South, I've always looked at it as part of the Southwest. Texas just has different history from those southeastern states seeing as how it used to be part of Mexico.