Jeremy Lin's Hair

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Thump, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised that NBA player Jeremy Lin's new hairstyle hasn't gotten the angry twitter beast screaming "cultural appropriation".:D

[​IMG]

2. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Wrong gender. Black (female) Twitter only jumps on this shit when non-black women do it.

If it were a high-profile attractive Asian woman, they'd already have the social media pitchforks out. If said hypothetical woman messed with brothers, it'd be exponentially worse.

3. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

I've never understood the "cultural appropriation" outrage... If anyone knows of any examples of black men going on about cultural appropriation, I'd appreciate the links...

I've personally come across articles by black women talking about cultural appropriation, including this one: "6 Reasons Black Women Have Every Right to be Angry" ...

With regard to #3, "Appropriating our style", I'm like, jeeeeeeeeesh. These chicks literally wear OTHER PEOPLE'S HAIR ON THEIR HEADS... as often as not, dyed blonde...

Black women can't say anything about Lin's hair because too many of them are literally wearing asian people's hair on their heads... (and even yak hair... species appropriation :D)...

The rest of the article is perfectly legit tho... :cool:

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

SMH. Former NBA Player Kenyon Martin felt a need to make video on it:

Because of this video Jeremy Lin responded in the NBA Player's Tribune: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/jeremy-lin-brooklyn-nets-about-my-hair/

5. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

That's some ignorant shit on Martin's behalf. When will people learn that NOBODY OWNS A STYLE... and imitation is flattery...

Maybe someone who understands this cultural appropriation thing can explain -- why would Martin be offended?