Jemele Hill HBcU article

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Rochiebabes86, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately most will only read the headline and make a fuss but I read the article before bed last night and I think her position is strong and logical. College athletes are so exploited why not collectively commit to and revitalize the hbcu’s? The benefits will be for those who are victimized in this country. I’d like to hear what you think

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...-athletes-should-leave-white-colleges/596629/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I actually agree with this I just don't trust big name colleges to sit back and let it happen.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/CurtisScoon/status/1169623760976011266
    [​IMG]

My thoughts exactly. I saw this article yesterday and I didn't bother to read it because I dislike Jemele Hill & because this discussion comes up all the time. I no longer take these discussions seriously because I noticed the folks rooting the hardest for it are niggas who don't really follow CFB like that and they're being too idealistic instead of realistic. Hardcore CFB fans who keep-up with recruiting, like myself, know how ridiculous this discussion always is.

The truth of the matter is unless we're going back to Jim Crow segregation, I don't ever see this happening.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It's not something I stay up on, but the education system is a money game to begin with. You have to pay all that money to earn a degree for a future job that is not guaranteed. And then if you do get the job a lot of that money you'll be getting will be used to pay off student loans.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So easy to navigate that challenge. People just see a problem and instead of solving it, they wish to change the world and fail.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

How so?

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How many solutions you want?

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I know that. My point was to describe how part of the money game of college worked. They can care less about you not being able to get the job. They want their money. lol. And they'll get it any way they can.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I've been to a few schools over the years but I would never pursue a degree at an hbcu because they are woefully mismanaged and they have small endowments.

If the doors close your degree is worthless

Sad but that's the real.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

With the endowments the big schools get to fund their football program... isn't it from their alumni?