Jamie Fox and Katie Holmes

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by JUANMACKER, Oct 16, 2013.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

exactly! And my example was just that....it was old school cultural stuff that they had that they didn't even realize they had. I've seen all sorts of variations of that. It often comes up in marriage and even more so when kids come. People often will parent out of reaction and their history rather than actually creating/building their own parenting philosophy.

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Even if that's true, the good ones aren't *just* business.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

I never said they were "just" business. But the reality is that it is business....and usually those who get messed up the most are those who don't realize it and are doing everything based on feelings. Business should never be based on emotions.

Nothing good comes from getting courts involved in families

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

With Hypergamy, some women want marriage for no other reason than the status it brings. If she is divorced, it can affect her status in certain areas, because as progressive as people claim to be, they still maintain a lot of traditional thought-processes. In addition to that, a second marriage will allow her to potentially double-dip into the finances of both the ex and the current in the event of death or divorce. The open marriage part is essentially the dream. She gets to mess with whomever she wants in private, while maintaining the illusion that she has some perfect monogamous lifestyle. Basically, Home maker during the day, and Hoe-maker during the night, lol. It's her insecurities mixed with her selfishness and hypergamy. Sucks, but if he falls for it, then that is on him.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

good point. She's working. I think the open situation is more his doing than hers. They started out as fuck friends. I think she only agrees to it because she knows he wouldn't have gone for not. She's afraid he's going to end up wanting someone else for more than just sex, as if being married would stop that. I just find it all interesting. They both had messy divorces that were very costly. People seem to lose their minds when they "fall in love" though.

6. meowkittenmeow

I'm technically an "old Millenial". I know that baby boomers and Gen Xers still look to marriage as the logical next step in a relationship. So, it may just be ingrained, although it makes little sense. It also seems like she is trying to control a situation that can't be controlled.

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Perhaps emotion has less of a place in business (though I'd argue it still has some). But as we've agreed, marriage is more than just business. There is definitely a place for emotion in marriage; it just has to be kept in it's PROPER place.

This isn't true at all. Courts often save people from their families (abusive marriages, child abuse, etc.). In other instances, they form and solidify families (adoptions, elder conservatorship, etc.). Sometimes they help our families protect us from ourselves (psychiatric holds, mandatory recovery treatments, etc.).

It's absolutely the case that codifying human interaction gets messy, and courts are often unwieldy or misguided. But no system for dealing with humans will ever be perfect. And courts also do an incredible amount of good by getting involved with families.

8. meowkittenmeow

I would call this an oversimplification of a more complex matter. But, I do understand the point you are trying to make.

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's definitely an oversimplification, as is most conversation here lol. It'd take more time and space than anyone wants to write or read about to do the subject justice.

But I understand your point, and K's point, as well.

10. meowkittenmeow

Ditto. I wonder if Jamie and Katie are just happy. Tabloids always push the "get married" crap, when marriage isn't remotely necessary. I think they are just happy together, an a marriage might actually ruin that.

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Like I've said before, what works for them ain't my business lol.

12. meowkittenmeow

Just trying to get back on subject.

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That's probably a good idea lol. I'll help...

I found the latest supposedly accurate word on their "relationship..."

https://www.gossipcop.com/katie-holmes-jamie-foxx-split-took-back-chemistry/

...as well as multiple timelines...

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...oxx-a-timeline-of-their-relationship-w482707/

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a26061305/katie-holmes-jamie-foxx-photos/

I hope you all appreciate that I did actual gossip research for you lol!

14. meowkittenmeow

LOL, kinder than me, I wouldn't have done that shit.

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art’s 2019 Costume Institute Gala - May 6, 2019.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ColiBreh1

18. ColiBreh1

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured they didn't walk the carpet. It would've been everywhere if they did!

Something tells me this is more proof she WANTS to be non-secretive with her man. Because this is the kind of event a woman would drag her man to. lol.

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That's still way more than I ever expected. I still don't really get these two. But I guess I'm glad they're as together as they are lol

I'm feeling the suit with the purple shoes too. That look is really on-point for that event.