Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Liberal media members, such as Joanne Robinson of Vanity Fair, always act as if criticism of Star Wars or other franchises only comes from the right. It makes it easier for people in her mind to dismiss criticism. But the critique of The Last Jedi is also coming strongly from the left by people of various viewpoints and agendas. People on the left have issues in how Rey, Finn, Poe and Rose were used and/or treated. Me personally I found the portrayal of Finn to be offensive so that's strike two with these new films and therefore I'm out. This film has pretty much killed my SW fandom. Probably gonna need a new avatar.

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah saying its just a bunch of racist and sexist means they get to ignore, not address and not fix the actual problems...

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The worst part is when the internet white knights who run a lot of the ultra-liberal blogs start churning out fallacy-filled articles to support their "if you complain you're racist and sexist" narrative.

4. Skaddix

agreed i cant wait to see the Christmas Weekend Box Office. Should tell us which way this is going to go if the drop is significant Disney will have to make some changes....now sure it could get worse but as a Black Man...can Finn really get worse?

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I have not seen The Last Jedi. I'm withholding my judgment until after I've seen it.

Nothing will change for black male characters. No one knows what to do with them, especially the writers.

The black male character is either going to be a sidekick(who is smart in his own way and doesn't get the woman) comic relief, victim(or the guy most likely to die), coward, gay, and/or a villain.

My younger brother watched an episode of Luther and he called John Luther a pussy because he doesn't use a gun. I reminded him that just because John doesn't carry a gun on the job doesn't mean that he doesn't know how to use one. I wish more black male characters were like John Luther in the fact that he is, aside from his personal demons, a brave and strong man who will do whatever it takes.

6. Skaddix

@Gorath well if you do see I urge to see it for free online. The only thing that will change this shit is box office underperformance.

Luther is the UK though normal coppers there dont carry guns only SWAT has guns as a standard in the UK.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

In 1984, about 11 percent of the officers in the London Metropolitan Police Force, carried a handgun. It probably had gone up since the attacks on the London Underground system and other incidents.

I think the Royal family has a squad of police officers that help with their security needs.

My nephew uses his Xbox to watch movies. I saw Kingsman:The Gold Circle (crazy fun) and Spider-man: Homecoming(The Vulture looked really cool). Tried to watch The Mountain Between Us but the wi-fi was acting up .

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Just finished watching BRIGHT and critics have officially lost their minds... again. lol. They have missed their mark this year. This movie was awesome. I would describe it as a couple twitter users described it; Lord of the Rings meets Colors. A modern urban fantasy and they pulled it off. Will Smith was back on his humorous action star shit, Joel Edgerton was keeping up giving these two great chemistry. Noomi Rapace and Lucy Fry made kick-ass Elves. Tika maybe my new favorite movie character. Netflix done good. Will Smith as I pointed out this summer when the trailer released has a white wife and mixed daughter in the film. Dawn Oliveira plays his wife she is not in the film that much and really his family is just told in the film as a back story to Ward(Will Smith).

So this movie would just qualify as a film with IR in it. (they do kiss.) Overall pretty good flick, don't know how you guys will feel about it, but I say it's worth a watch.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Netflix dropped this digital short earlier this week:

I didn't know if this should go in the IR in films or IR in TV shows thread.

10. darkcurry

I think this is just an extended commercial for Netflix I can't find anything on this. So I think it should probably go in the WW/BM In Advertising thread.

11. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Christmas Inheritance

I have not seen it yet, but it looks like the IR is only a small part of the story.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. darkcurry

I must've missed that. I been on Netflix this week too.

13. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope it is released on DVD soon.

14. Soulthinker

Great scenes!

15. Soulthinker

She is hot indeed. Love to get the DVD of that flick.

16. Soulthinker

Has anyone seen the Lifetime flick, What Color Is Love? It is about a WW who had a affair with a Black B-ball player and has his kid in which got involved in a custody battle.

17. darkcurry

Yes. It's worth a watch. My man Roger Cross stars in it. It was based on a true story too.

Jennifer Finnigan
    [​IMG]

The Real Woman
    [​IMG]

18. Soulthinker

Thank you. I will check it out. I saw the DVD cover at a Wal-Mart some days ago.

19. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing that, it is a pretty good movie and better than I expected.

You should enjoy it.

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I was in the Xmas mood and was going to check it out as I'm a sucker for small-town holiday movies, but in the trailer the bi-racial fiancee from New York gets cucked by the small town white boy, so I kept it moving