Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

If I do go to the theater it's only when the crowds are low. 15-20 people at the most.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Netflix movies should be posted in this thread, Netflix TV shows should be posted in the IR in TV shows thread. Simple.

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope the deleted scenes of TMBU have more romance.

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope there are extras in that movie including one of the two docs about the couple.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I don't have the DVD, but will clue people in when I see it over my gf's cousin's house. She ordered the DVD on I believe Amazon.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. nero

nero Member

I actually enjoyed that movie, didn't have a police scene either, but I don't think they knew how to end the movie.

8. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

Judy Greer in Addicted to Fresno

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Didn't know there was a movie where fine-ass Judy Greer got down with a brother. She gets finer the older she gets

10. darkcurry

It was mentioned here. It came out in 2015. It also has Aubrey Plaza in it, I saw some of it(couldn't watch the whole movie because I had to do something.). It was pretty funny.

11. ColiBreh1

A brotha on a Discord Server I participate in mentioned to me that Julia Roberts also voiced disagreement with the studio in an interview after the fact saying that she felt it was purely the studio not having the balls that Chiwetel Ejiofor & Nicole Kidman didn't end up together.

He also mentioned that there are a lot of whispers in Hollywood that the reason Julia Roberts will never win a 2nd Oscar is because she publicly told people that it was racist that she could win an Oscar and be so popular for playing heroic characters and Denzel Washington couldn't win Oscars as easily. She's got too much clout for them to push her out and America loves her but she's pretty outspoken about the shade the industry throws at black men. When she did that movie with Chwitel Ejiofor & Nicole Kidman, the studio wanted her name to be the headline. But she refused because Ejiofor's character is the star of the film. She produced the movie, she could have done whatever she wanted but she made sure the black man got his due credit. For that Roberts is always cool in his book.

I guess you can add Julia Roberts to the same category with Sally Field.

12. darkcurry

Kind Of The same with Charlize Theron she had a kissing scene in Hancock and it was cut out of the movie and a sex scene with Idris Elba and it didn't even make the deleted scenes. Yeah it is some of these white men in Hollywood that carry themselves as Slavemasters in a way. Black Men and White Women are a no, no. White Men and women of any race is okay.

13. darkcurry

Just seen Mudbound about an hour ago. Dee Rees told the IR part of the story wonderfully I just wished she would of pulled the trigger of displaying their love especially if underlying, subplot story of this film was going to become the IR love story in the midst of racial tragedy that they made it. I understand not every love story needs a love scene, but then again it makes sense because love is an act(get it. lol.) Plus love scenes(kissing, sex) between a black man and a white woman is still a line that some films to this day don't want to "offend" by crossing. Hollywood has a continued long shown discomfort with interracial couples. She did make the love scene with the affair that took place with the white people which is kind of backwards, you guys get what I'm saying? But something tells me she would have pulled the trigger being as though of how wonderful she told that part of the story, maybe it got deleted or wasn't her decision.

Regardless this film overall was pretty good! @JamalSpunky I have an idea why Mary J Blidge is getting more hype. The two soldiers played by Jason Mitchell and Garrett Hedlund should get best supporting acting Oscar nods, they were outstanding! Mary was great too and I would give her nod, but for her to be the main one ties into the reason why Idris Elba is getting no love especially by most of the award shows so far for his turn in Molly's Game. This women's movement in hollywood's racial tone is that if a black man isn't gay or playing gay expect very little hype and push especially from famous women. Because they believe in hollywood we apart of the problem with powerful white men, the same powerful white men that are also complicit in hollywood's racial diversity issues. Jordan Peele is the only straight black man you hear a lot of buzz about.

But in the midst of the madness and negative underlying tones it was pretty good progress for IR in film and tv in 2017. I give it a B-.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  14. ColiBreh1

@JamalSpunky

Do y'all think this brotha in the comments section is spot on?:

[​IMG]

I haven't seen the new "Star Wars" film yet, but this week I'm seeing news that Alt-righters tanked the Rotten Tomatoes score:

Than today I'm hearing that white dudes online are angry with the Asian chick falling in love with Finn. This made me think back to Xanatos Clutch's comments. Shit is wild.

15. darkcurry

I disagree a bit, although I do believe it to be a big problem and that is because that outside of mixed race black women aw/wm are white men's favorite kind of IR. I remember watching an old episode of Sea Hunt in the 80's when I was in High School and seen an asian woman and a white man kissing. An old episode of The Outer Limits had the same thing. But black men and white women are still their worse by the history and look at how hard they hit after Lauren Southern. The attacks on most IR couples have been bm/ww, wm/bw have been more accepted, less taboo and promoted in mainstream movies and tv shows with help of bw themselves. The Greatest Show On Earth is the third mainstream movie this year to have a wm and bw fall in love... Or is it the fourth?

I would say to the alt-righters yeah, maybe. But to those liberal racist they put bm/ww IR relationships as their worse. Which is why they involve some of those pairings with a love triangle mostly involving a white man and still treat a love making scene between bm and ww as taboo.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  16. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

@ColiBreh1

Honestly, TLJ is one of the rare movies that managed to piss off large dis congruent parts of the fanbase. I have seen pissed Liberals and pissed Racist

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Your right, certain media outlets are spinning it as an alt-right vs Star Wars thing. The people who dislike it come from every corner of the fandom. I, for instance, really didn't like it and I'm not a tiki torch carrying goose-stepper.

18. Skaddix

Yeah the Defense of TLJ is blame random trolls faking RT votes or say anyone who doesnt like it is a Racist all righter who hates minorities and women....lost is people who dont like the Luke treatment and those who yeah acknowledge it has POC but think their treatment was shit especially Finn and Poe. Who spend most of the movie fucking up and getting beatings while stuck in dumb plots.

19. darkcurry

To be fair with that some of the alt-right members are putting themselves out at front. I think one of them is claiming to be responsible for it's failing grade on rottentomatoes. It's hard to spin it when they are waiving their hands going yoo-hoo. lol.

20. Skaddix

My favorite alt right thing is claiming that Wolfenstein (Videogame) is SJW bs cause its Anti Nazi when the game series has been about freeing America from Nazis since the fucking 80s. Really tells you a lot about American and to a lesser extent Western Values have shifted in the past 5 years or so.

But yes the Alt Right has been out and front and they make it easy target to blame.