IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I went through calc back in school, it isn’t difficult.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You did Calc 2?

3. meowkittenmeow

Yes, years ago, and calc 3. I had some issues but I did alright. It seems overwhelming at first but you just work it until you get it. Some people have bad experiences, but so believe it has more to do with the way the curriculum is presented. I would sure as hell need a refresher course or two if I wanted to get back into it and move to other specialization.

Not gonna lie, I thought I bit off more than I could chew back then.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Well damn you should major in engineering if you go back to school. Only thing you're missing is Differential equations, the other maths are just side knowledge.

5. meowkittenmeow

I dabbled in differentials before I got to calc three. I left it behind because I had a dream. Right past triple vectors, and right into Green’s theorem, I had a dream where my dick and balls were vectors in place of where my junk should actually be. Not gonna lie, I woke up and grabbed my junk to make sure it was still there. Some things ain’t for me buddy, lol.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Hahahaha! Holy shit!!

7. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

The Indian model of finding a spouse should actually work really well for you then lol.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Proof that you have no idea what friendship is. No worries, most women don't

9. Madeleine

I don’t think that’s up to you to decide whether I know friendship or not.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm not deciding anything. I call it as I see it. No one said you had to agree.

11. Madeleine

What have you seen of me and my friends or lack thereof.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Hey....,.....whatever

13. Madeleine

I’m sorry, I’m very irritable today. It’s freaking 85 degrees inside the flat and 95 degrees outside. We aren’t used to and equipped for that kinda heat. Especially now that I’m pregnant I feel like a stranded whale in the scorching sun.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Understandable

I read that a lot of people in France don't even have air conditioning. Makes sense that a lot of Europe would be in a similar situation.

It's been uncharacteristically hot here for Florida lately. I'm staying inside as much as I can and taking extra showers when I have to go out.

15. Madeleine

Yeah we don’t have AC at all. There’s a cute Swedish stove in our house and very good, modern underfloor heating, but no AC. No point for the few hot weeks of the year.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

72 degrees is what's considered to be general comfort level. 85 is really bad. I worry about my mom when hurricanes cause her to lose power in NC because there is no AC. Haven't been able to convince her to get a generator.

I think I'm gonna have to just take some time off to stay over there educate her, buy her one then install it myself, but the trick is that my father would have to be ok with it too.

They really aren't that old, both are active but anything over 80 degrees is actually dangerous.

17. Madeleine

Ok I just checked, it’s actually 82 in the living room. Still hot though. Makes the kids act crazy. We open all the windows during the night and then close the windows and blinds early in the morning. That helps a bit. Generator reminds me of Nigeria!! Those things are annoying as anything and swallow lots of Diesel.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah Nigerians better have generators. I think the heat is what killed a lot of Puerto Ricans when they lost power. Being warm blooded beings the only way we adapt to heat is to sweat

That means you have to shower every few hours and guzzle water like a fish or you will overheat and risk heatstroke and other issues.

19. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Most homes do not have airconditioning.
    And no AC in most officrs.
    Its considered a waste of energy and of course expensive.

20. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

What you write is probably very true.
    In western society, we are very emotional based. So we dont make logical decisions.
    Other cultures make practical decisions. Sex comes after.
    This is my experience.