BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Strand is gay, yes. Morgan is going through some things just like everyone else on that show, but here he is and have been getting better and interacting with the other people. There isn't much love and sex on Fear. Even Naomi & Dorie aren't that much involved and they are the only couple. Besides Morgan is striking up a relationship with Althea. Whether it's plutonic or they'll add more to it I don't know. When they are purposely doing shit and the black male characters are done dirty opposite the white male characters that's when I could see it being anti-black men. I'm not getting that vibe with Fear... at least not yet. They seem to crush every relationship that starts up. Hell two of the main lovers that were on the show is dead now. Naomi & Dorie are complicated. I don't know where they want to go when it comes to love stories, not sure if they really want to do them. Morgan is one of the most interesting characters in the franchise and at least Fear gave him a upgrade unlike TWD where he was downgraded to the crazy black guy that is standoffish of people.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I gotta co-sign TDK. I've NEVER seen an episode of TWD (I have seen the 1st season & a half of the spin-off series FTWD), but I know enough about the show from listening to black podcasts discuss the show & reading discussions on forums over the years, that they always do the black male characters dirty. So I'm just SMH that folks are getting excited about an old grey-haired IR couple on that show in this thread.

3. ColiBreh1

Speaking of this topic, 1 of the podcasts I listen to, did a recent episode where they briefly discussed how they felt Black Lightning is basically an A-Sexual chracter compared to the leads on the other CW DC shows (Skip to the 12:37 mark):

https://soundcloud.com/champagnesharks/teaser-for-cs-106-straight-single-and-smashing-07092018

I know @The Dark King & @JamalSpunky gonna love it.

I can't really disagree with their assessment. At the very least Black Lightning should've been smashing the female Vice Principal character. It always seemed like she was trying to throw it at him.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  4. darkcurry

I wasn't getting excited myself. Just thought that was a pretty good step on mainstream television. They have not fucked over the Ezekiel character by the episodes I have seen and he is a fan favorite along with Carol so at least wait and see gentleman. lol.

You want to see a black male character get fucked over Dolls of Wynonna Earp is GRAND example of that.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yup and like I've said before all the advertisement centers on the two daughters more. You never see The Arrow or Flash sharing posters with other characters. On Netflix right now the thumbnail is of the daughter

6. darkcurry

I'm finished with all 8 episodes of The InnØcents on Netflix and I'm blown away by this show. That includes with how strong and beautiful the Interracial star-crossed romance of June & Harry is written... it is almost like these are the only two that could of pulled this off. This show is a very fresh take on the sci-fi genre and in a way is like Stranger Things for YA and adults. I won't give too much away but it hits at your emotions especially if your young or remember love like this in your young days. The girl is a shape shifter and on the show they are called shifters. Yes there is more than one, I won't give too much of that away though. The cliffhanger is VERY VERY Tough, heartbreaking season finale, but with buzz of a season 2 hopefully we will get closure.

**Link Contains spoilers**
    https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Innocents_107_Unit_00123_R.jpeg?w=780

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Music and Score is beautiful as well.

https://soundcloud.com/carlyparadiscomposer/the-innocents-end-credits-theme-by-carly-paradis

7. ColiBreh1

Yes, they fucked over Dolls on "Wynonna Earp" after the 1st season. But Dolls in the 1st season still shits on the black male characters on TWD.

8. darkcurry

Uhhh, Dolls was part of a love triangle from the beginning. Remember she had sex with the white guy in season 1. Love triangles don't count especially if the other guy is a white guy because we already seen what that means for the black guys. At least Ezekiel is still there and from what they are telling us is the only lover for Carol. If the TWD goes through even the first half of the season without ruining the relationship they would have ALREADY surpassed Wynonna and Dolls' "relationship".

9. darkcurry

"If a Romantic poet wrote a Marvel comic, it might look like "The InnØcents," on Netflix." Saw this quote on twitter and forgot who said it. Lol. but that is another good way to describe the show.

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I deserted Wynonna Earp after three episodes during season 1 because of the nonsensical dialogue and borderline campy acting . That it has not been cancelled has me riddled with confusion because SYFY has axed better shows than W. Earp over the past year. Maybe the production costs are manageable.

The premise is clever and edgy; the acting is excellent. I hope to stream the final episode by Tues.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  11. darkcurry

Im blown away with how well Cloak and Dagger and The InnØcents are written and made overall with the lead characters being in Interracial relationships because this could've easily went the other way. They hit it out the park and making a show where the love interest of lead white woman is black and with it being successful with critics and fans. This is where Wynonna Earp failed at when they just decided to do away with a Wynonna and Dolls and could've made the show much better because the whole shipping of WynnDolls started early online in the first season. But they could take that risk because as ratings showed they are decent which is why SYFY renewed it for a season 4. Granted other shows have done better like Dark Matter and they still cancelled it, but I guess because W. Earp is cheap to make as long as the ratings are decent they can get away with it.

Which is all more the reason why Cloak and Dagger and The InnØcents being successful is a big deal because obviously those shows don't work without them so they can't just cancel the relationship. Especially with C&D the fans are CLAMORING for Tandy and Tyrone to hurry up and get together, but obviously the writers want to make their love story as good as possible. Hopefully these two Interracial Romance Shows started a trend that Those In Hollywood has and is still trying to avoid having bm/ww as a lead romance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ColiBreh1

[​IMG] Did you forget that Ezekiel & Carol on TWD are an old grey-haired couple? You keep talking about how they are a fan favorite couple, but that's probably because they're old & grey-haired. Based on how popular a show TWD is, I doubt they would be a fan favorite couple if they were younger characters.

13. darkcurry

^^ lol. I never said they were a fan favorite couple. I said he and Carol were both fan favorites and they are. I have no reason to lie about that. I'm just pointing out they still have the potential to be more than whatever Wynonna and Dolls were. You want young, beautiful and sexy IR couples there are a few out there that we have mentioned. So let's talk about them. I was just mentioning The InnØcents although they are playing a teen couple the actors are grown and there is a BEAUTIFUL love scene on that show if you ever got the chance to check it out.

[​IMG] Snapshot 2 (8-27-2018 5-53 PM).png Snapshot 1 (8-27-2018 5-53 PM).png Snapshot 3 (8-27-2018 5-54 PM).png Snapshot 4 (8-27-2018 5-54 PM).png Snapshot 5 (8-27-2018 5-54 PM).png

But my point is there are far better interracial relationships out there that are written beautifully and like the writers actually care than the debacle that was Wynonna and Dolls.

14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Trailer just came out for this. It's a new series for Facebook which means I won't be seeing it because I don't do Facebook. Facebook, like every other media service/empire, has gotten into the original TV fiction programming business. Anyway looks kinda good. Btw what's up with this Mamoudou Athie dude getting all this IR? He's the love interest of Brie Larson in her directorial debut "Unicorn Store" and was the love interest of the lead in "Patti Cake$".

By the way Elizabeth Olsen is an executive producer of this series.

15. The Dark King

Wow this looks good

16. darkcurry

Edit: Never mind he IS playing Matt the husband. That died. So this is either a one season series or probably if picked up the last time or very few times you'll see him.

It does look interesting but you have to always stay aware when mainstream actresses get involved in exploring IR love stories with black men on screen, more so AMERICAN mainstream actresses. I did notice in the trailer though they have a lot of moments there were no kissing scenes that's still kind of a rule with mainstream actresses we have seen with black male love interest. But I will root for this since we are getting some quality real good interracial romances with lead characters like:
    Cloak and Dagger
    The Good Place
    The InnØcents
    Dynasty
    FAM

(I'm sure you and @ColiBreh1 will let me know if Im missing some. lol.)

But Facebook maybe not the best choice right now with the shit they are going through. Should've shopped it to youtube... or netflix that is killing it right now with the Interracial Romance Shows and Movies.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  17. The Dark King

I think dude died not a breakup

18. darkcurry

^^ I know I just edited that post when I realized she was talking about him. I just woke up not too long ago. lol.

19. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Just finished the inn0cents and yo, this show is exculsively powered by the love story... and it was really good. At first, I thought it was too heavy-handed, but the writers wrote the shit out of their romance.

20. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Watch it on KODI or fyrestick??