BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

^ It just goes to show that I believe they somehow purposely don't want the female bachelorettes with black men on their main show. Because IR happened and happens faster here than on the bachelorette.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The CW dropped a couple new promos today for "All American":

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  3. beeehave

beeehave Active Member

That hookup only started within the last few episodes. After the first kiss he was shot in a later episode. I was like oh no! Not again! But he survived all the way to the finale.

4. Rashad

Rashad Active Member

Ashlee Simpson & Evan Ross upcoming E! TV show, Ashlee+Evan... Premieres September 9th.

5. darkcurry

6. ColiBreh1

That's interesting seeing as how Evan Ross still gets acting work. He was either part of the main cast or a major recurring character on this past season 2 of Fox's "Star".

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention in this thread during the season that Evan Ross' character Angel is involved in a IR (sorta*) with Star's younger half-sister Simone (played by Brittany O'Grady) throughout the season:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The reason I said "sorta" is because the character Simone is a Half-black/Half-white biracial, but the actress that plays her Brittany O'Grady is white/native american mix. Evan Ross' character Angel is a black dominican from Miami.

7. darkcurry

^^ Isn't the actress that's the star of the show a half black/half white biracial woman playing a white woman?

8. ColiBreh1

Yeah, Lee Daniels casting decisions for the 2 main sister characters on "Star" are weird AF. The lead character Star is white, but the actress that plays her, Jude Demorest, is a Half-black/Half-white biracial. And as I mentioned in my previous post, Star's younger half-sister Simone is Half-black/Half-white biracial, but the actress that plays her, Brittany O'Grady, is a white/native american mix.

9. darkcurry

^^ Just casting racially ambiguous women it seems. I don't know if it's on purpose though. What you think?

10. darkcurry

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Sounds like his pattern. Dude is beyond color struck. Look at Empire.

12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  13. darkcurry

^^ I was reading that some of the fans didn't like that they were doing this. I understand them wanting to see Carol and Daryl together, but on the other side this is BIG for IR on television because now two of the main characters are BOTH in a IR relationship on a VERY popular TV show. Rick and now Carol.

14. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Enthusiasts of The Walking Dead have just two alternatives with respect to the IR romantic relationships being "shoved down their throats" (lol): (1) leave in large numbers or (2) grudgingly acknowledge the direction in which the series is going. As for me, I'm tuning in.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Isn't the pattern of The Walking Dead that as soon as a couple finds happiness, a tragedy for one (or both) of them is just around the corner?

16. ColiBreh1

I just saw this video that BGS IBMOR put out yesterday discussing how the ratings for the new season 3 of "Insecure" has fallen off a cliff because of Lawrence being written off the show:

17. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Meh.

First of all it can be argued that Richonne is part of the reason for the downturn in ratings. I personally never saw any chemistry between the two performers and they hadn't even shared many scenes together before TPTB decided to kill off Andrea. It also irked me that Rick and Michonne never hooked up in comics nor did the comic book fans ever want them to. Richonne in the comics is far sexier, less moody and pretty much only hooked up with black guys. After the death of his wife in the comics, Rick moved on to Andrea and they have been the most stable, long-standing couple in the comic books. Now just think of that, TPTB decided to toss out that relationship and pair Rick on the show with the black chick instead. That's the type of privilege that WM/BW relationships get in gene TV/movie these days. Could you imagine a scenario in which it was a white female lead who had a relationship with a white male in the source material and the writers/producers deciding to throw out their romance and pair the white female with a black male co-star instead? On the most popular show on TV no less? I can't.

Because Rick is the lead that means his relationship with Michonne is often front and center. The same can't be said about Carol and Ezekiel. I like those two but their "romance", while clearly building over time, will have become official off screen; because of a time jump we will not be getting a chance to see when it truly bloomed. We will be thrust into a time in which their romance has already started. And who knows just how much attention it will get or how long Carol or Ezekiel will last before an untimely death. I can't say anything about the relationship until I know those answers.

The show still pisses me off because if it stayed true to the comics we would have been given a lady's man in Tyresse who also would have been an alpha male who could challenge Rick in authority. But that's not the Tyreese we got; instead that type of role went to Shane. Tyreese was given a sister who on the show lasted far longer than he did and her most important romantic relationship was with a white guy ultimately.

A far better representation of IR was Maggie and Glen who probably take the award for the best couple of the TV version of Walking Dead. Their relationship was a faithful adaption of the comic and I admit I'm envious that an Asian guy got arguably the hottest chick on the show who happened to be white and that their relationship may be the most popular pairing. No relationship involving a black man and a white woman ever got such a platform as Glen and Maggie did on America's most popular show.

Anyway I pretty much stopped watching regularly a couple of years ago.

18. darkcurry

^^ I Watch here and there. I like Fear The Walking Dead better.

19. darkcurry

I'll be able to binge this show over the weekend. I start my vacation today and the girlfriend is in North Carolina for a babyshower won't be home til Sunday. I'll do a spoiler free review when I'm finish.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You mean the show where both black men are asexual and/or gay.
    Hard pass I'm good