BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

WTF, someone actually told you to only watch certain seasons? GoT isn't the type of show you can pick & choose seasons or episodes to watch. I'm glad you caught up by watching the entire series in order.

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Damn. Who is this Kate chick and why is she getting all of this time in the promos? That's a negative right away. The presence of black women in SyFy shows and genre shows in general is suffocating. They're getting far more opportunities than black males have ever gotten and if you think I'm lying sit back and think about all the genre/sci fi series of this decade, particularly on the SyFy network. Think of any new trailers for sci fi shows and see if there is a black female presence that is getting highlighted. Anyway I liked the fact that Wyonna Earp was free of that and I recall a disagreement that broke out about the show on the Mary Sue website when a couple of black ladies complained that there weren't any black women on the show. It didn't matter that there was a black male co-lead and another male of color in the main cast. Take note of this, people. Black women don't worry about adding more diversity to the show as long as a black woman is already part of the cast. They expect other people of color (including black men) to accept them as being the lone POC representation. But if the one or more POC characters on a series don't include black females then they are of the attitude that "true" inclusiveness isn't taking place.

3. ColiBreh1

Don't forget I mentioned this several months ago in another thread:

You know she was a factor.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Facts my dude Facts. And as a group they only want to see themselves with white men I have never heard a single peep about black love the only black love they want is of them and only them

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are gaining power in this industry. People who desire power really don't care about equality. Remember also they believe the black female is the most overlooked and shamed group in the country and on the planet. Even still with gaining all these powerful positions in entertainment, the media, politics, the justice system and having black women time and time again from all shades being regarded by mainstream as very beautiful don't forget Lupita Nyong'o was called the most beautiful woman in people magazine a few years ago. The same magazine that has only had two black men on their male sexiest cover.

and a darkskinned woman that people claim is so hated
    [​IMG]

They still believe they are so underrepresented, unappreciated and hated in America and the world.

The Gifted is one of my favorite TV shows and one of the reasons I love it is that they are showing and giving voice to other racial groups like latino, asian and especially native american. They have very few black characters but those characters aren't done dirty so I don't mind it because diversity isn't centered around black people. But black women will see that as an issue but only for them. These aren't women that want diversity they just first and foremost want black men to take a backseat. And they want power because they believe racial diversity centers around them. And really what do we expect from those that want power and have this victim mentality that everybody hates them. With them it's about the "me, me, me, me, me." attitude because people don't like us.

The ONLY places I see them being underrepresented in is that there aren't that many black actress that have won Best actress in a leading role oscars and there aren't that many black female superheroes but you can DAMN well bet they are coming! Other than that they are VERY well represented in this country and in other countries abroad.

6. The Dark King

As far as black female superheroes they are better represented than black males even in a genre they mostly aren't interested in. Look at the Black Panther posters you would have sworn the story was about the women of Wakanda. Hell even when I see the Black Lightening thumbnail on Netflix its always his daughters. For the small group of black women into comics and the such they only care about being a love interest to white male leads. Like I said in a different post I have never in my life seen black women ass giddy about a black couple getting married as they did Meagan Merkle and Harry. They truly could care less about black people, their only focus are black women and their own advancement. If there was a way for them to separate themselves from black men I have no doubt they'd do it in droves.

7. JamalSpunky

The only time black women ever start asking for the representation of "black love" is when they respond to a pairing in media of a black man and white woman. In those circumstances the representation of black love in TV and film becomes vital to the continued existence of black people in the future. When its a black woman and white man represented as a couple though the crisis is called off and the mantra that they start spouting is "love is love." I have witnessed both of these outcomes and outcries numerously.

By the way (this is a story I may have shared) a decade ago a new black writer/editor joined Entertainment Weekly and for some reason the magazine or she her self when introducing herself) couldn't help but point out her race. Not too long after she did some commentary for the magazine which included the talk about the Will Smith film "Hancock". And her main disappointment with that movie was that there wasn't a black actress cast in the Chralize Theron part. It made e ask myself why was she being allowed to address race in a manner that was abnormal for that magazine. Outside of articles that dealt specifically with black people, movies, shows of the entertainment industry, no writer from EW had ever casually made a political point out of the blue like that. The next thing I wondered was why did it matter that Theron's character wasn't black? Was her issue with a black man having some intimacy with a white female character or was she more worked up over the idea of a lack of opportunities for black actresses and therefore felt and leading lady in a Smith film should automatically be black because of that? But now I think of a third thing that escaped me at the time....if the Theron character had been cast as a black actress would she have wanted he Jason Bateman character whom she was married to and ended up staying committed to to be black too? I'm gonna guess her answer would have been to keep Bateman's character white but turn their son into a daughter because in the minds of some folks the only acceptable interracial outcome is a white male black female pairing with strictly female offspring.

I swear black women have been perpetuating their agendas for years, often under the noses of the gatekeepers of media and the entertainment industry. They're better than the Russians at discreet albeit ruthless manipulation.

8. JamalSpunky

Yes, they act as the perpetual victims of Hollywood casting when right now they have it better than anyone outside of white men and women.

Well, you better check out the trailer for the upcoming second season of the show because there is a black villainess who is extremely powerful and is front and center. I never watched the first season of the show but there was a light skinned black dude (something Bell) who was part of the main cast and I saw him nowhere in the trailer. I guess he died.

But you see Hollywood increasingly race-bends white female heroes and make them black. Like Valkyrie. Or Starfire. You can't go a second without people (not just black women) asking/demanding every comic book white female character be played by a black actress in a film or TV show. They were gpriping that Wonder Woman should have been played by a black actress. Meanwhile these folks aren't asking for black Batmans or black Supermans.

By the way black women have thrown so much shade at Aquaman because all the women are white while most of the guys are men of color (three Asian dudes and one black male out of the six or seven major male roles). Of course when they argue for more "women of color" that is code for BLACK WOMEN. Always. Damn, I envy Asian dudes who can direct a motion picture with an Asian male lead and not only give him a white leading lady but make him the offspring of an Asian father and a white mother. Not one black dude out here would have the courage and or interest in doing such a thing with a black hero. And he would be vilified if he did. Facts.

9. JamalSpunky

Why stop there? The lumbering Luke Cage series cares more about the black female characters to such an extent that in both seasons it has lost track of the title character, Luke Cage (who was handled better IMO in the first seasons of Jessica Jones and the so-so Defenders). And, goddamn I'd have a better chance of finding white or other non-black women in Nigeria than I would in that show's version of Harlem.

10. The Dark King

Which doesn't represent the demo at all now. They better go back to the 90s with that

11. JamalSpunky

Exactly. Its ridiculous. Of course that show has given us many non-black men. I guess there is a forcefield keeping out all the non-black women. It is a superhero show after all.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. darkcurry

lol. You caught that too, huh? I like Luke Cage, but of all the Marvel Netflix shows and shows on TV it is the least diverse. Especially when it comes to women. But they do have Claire Temple as a biracial woman who is half latina. And Annabella Sciorra is joining the cast.

I know they are trying to have good intentions with the race thing, but again be careful who you attract. Black people keep making the mistake that we're immune to being racist or bigots especially towards white people.

13. JamalSpunky

This may be the first coupling of a black male and a white female that (so far) that seems to have the full support of the fandom on social media. They are absolutely beloved. Any other "ship" that is suggested involving either Tandy or Tyrone with another character is shot down or attacked. White, black, Latino, Asian, male, female....people want to see a romance between Tandy and TY. They have a growing clout on Tumblr and more videos are being put up on YouTube about them. Even black females who are watching are onboard with this with many of them throwing shade at Evita, the black voodoo trainee who is currently Tyrone's girlfriend. What the fuck? Then again those black female fans may be TRUE members of geek culture, not the phony Johnny-come-latelys who want to racebend every character after discovering comic book icons through movies or TV. True geek fans, even when they are black females, don't fall to the identity politics bullshit that consumes most black chicks. Thus they are likely to have tolerance of a black guy with a white girl just as it eventually came to be in the comic books. Let's see how that holds up as more mainstream TV black female fans catch on. They may start championing Evita and proclaim putting Tyrone with Tandy would be an insult to black women. Kinda like what has often occurred regarding feedback of luke Cage and Jessica Jones. and if the show introduces a new white dude next season whom is is even mildly charismatic, mainstream white female fans who discover the show later may push for Tandy to be paired with him.

Speaking of Luke and Jessica, they as well as Kara and James and Rey and Finn didn't get nearly that type of overall support. All of them have different levels of chemistry although I think the chemistry between the performers playing Luke and Jess as well as Rey and Finn are particularly strong. So what's the difference between Tandy and Tyrone? It just can't be because they eventually became a couple in the comic books because the same can be said about Luke and Jessica. Perhaps in the case of Rey and Finn (although they have their fans) it has been an issue that the SW franchise is too big and popular to have a undoubted IR romance front and center. It didn't help that Finn was portrayed as a scared, comedic caricature who had no special abilities and couldn't do anything as good as Rey. The thought of him hooking up with her caused so much stress to SW fans and mainstream audiences that they mentally relieved themselves by imagining Finn being paired with Poe, suggesting that a gay coupling was more acceptable. In the case of Kara and James perhaps it was the fact that in the first season Kara was pining for this black man non-stop, the opposite of C&D which has given us a slow burn of friendship. Maybe it comes down to the simple fact that the only way such a pairing would be accepted is if the actors have absolutely perfect chemistry which Aubrey and Olivia have. If they had only average chemistry or so-so chemistry that you will find often enough with white males paired with women of various races, the fanbase wouldn't be so gung-ho for them. Only white guys can get away with having little chemistry with their onscreen female leads and still have the fans heavily ship them. Also Cloak having powers of his own helps. Powres and abilities make characters, especially male characters, more appealing to audiences. Just think how much more popular Finn would be if he had the powers of the Force.

14. JamalSpunky

I noticed that back in the first season. The male police officers could be racially diverse but the females were all black. The male journalists could be racially diverse but the females, even with limited screen time, all had to be black. The bad guys could be racially diverse but the lady villains were of course all black. Then you had Pops brushing off Jessica (without saying her name) as a rebound Luke was having after losing his wife. You had Luke listing only black women (including that fugly skank Nicki Minaj) as his only type; implicitly implying to the audience that his hookup with Jess was some sort of unnatural event that should have never happened. It was too obvious. And I blame that shit on the showrunner of the series. Probably one of those My Beautiful Black Queens types. Has no room or time for white gals.

Also notice how the white women of the other Marvel series can get a mention on Luke Cage (Jessica, Karen Paige) or heard (patsy on the radio) but NEVER seen. Meanwhile white dudes like Foggy and Danny and Asian women like Colleen can make actual appearances on the show.

15. darkcurry

I did this little experiment awhile back. This is what shows up on youtube search engines for Interracial

youtube 1.png

Ignore the image in the third video, because even though it is the BBC it is mainly bwwm.

But lets move to when you type in Interracial in movies
    youtube 3.png
    dominated by bwwm IR.

Interracial On TV
    youtube 4.png
    dominated by bwwm IR.

Google:

Interracial In Movies
    Google images.png
    18 of the first pics dominated by bw involved in IR.

On TV
    Google images 2.png
    15 of the first 26 pics dominated by BW in IR.

And that's just a taste of what you see. Scroll down. lol.
    The same goes for Interracial Movies and TV shows on Netflix
    http://www.baddeck.org/interracial-dating-movies-on-netflix.php

Black women are represented and represented well in mainstream. When it comes to IR as well. When you look at the facts it makes you see their hypocritical, double standard bullshit when they get upset when they see bmww IR. Type in Interracial Couples into these search engines and you will get the same thing. This is about controlling black men, they see us as property and nothing more.

16. darkcurry

Well it is branded as a romance. That is what Marvel TV Head said. I love that they are careful and making their relationship strong in the first season. The fans are strong about them two being a couple! They are crazy about these two, I seen it too. But I love the way they are going about it right now. The relationship building is very real and strong and the pay off will be worth it for those that are so anxious. lol. There is another super power IR couple coming to Netflix next month with The Innocents for those that want such strong IR unions now. lol. That phone conversation between Tyrone and Tandy was so tender, and heartfelt and flirty.

C&D Did it right by keeping this away from the pro-black crowd and made it diverse. If those women and men do come around start to say something a clash is going to happened because this fandom is STRONG!

17. ColiBreh1

Yeah, I'm amazed how the onscreen & offscreen chemistry between the leads on this show even exceeds Luke & Jessica. I've seen folks question whether they'll get together like folks do with Luke & Jessica, but after the watching last 3 episodes their is too strong & it would look ridiculous if they didn't get together.

18. ColiBreh1

What's C&D?

19. darkcurry

^ Cloak and Dagger

20. darkcurry

Anybody has any info on what TV or Movie this is from?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]