BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Netflix knows how marketable teen IR can be as evidenced by its other programming and as an added bonus Sadie and Caleb having been developing their chemistry by spending more and more time together away from the set and award shows. Sadie even came up from NJ to NY and spent Halloween with Caleb last fall as the two continued to fuel a friendship they've shared since pre-adolescence when they starred in their respective leading roles on the Broadway as "Annie" and "The Lion King" :)

I definitely think this added dimension of bonding personally between Sadie & Caleb will help them ward off any worries they might feel about doing romantic PG-13 scenes together in the upcoming season which starts shooting in Atlanta, GA next month and could be released by Netflix this winter.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

They are playing with house money though (no one expected the show to hit so huge to become a cultural phenomenon) and the Duffer Brothers know it. Since the show is rated TV-14 and the cast is embarking on the summer of Frosh year in High School then these teens should reasonably be in the exploratory sexual stage of teen dating . . . especially once they approach the anniversary of the relationship. Now do the Duffer Brothers have the balls to go there?

I say keep it cute but don't shy away from portraying a credible teenage long-term relationship (a year is longer than long for eight-graders). People cannot plausibly say JACK since they know that they were doing whatever they could get away with by age 15 in the 1990's as well as 1980's. I know I was trying to get blessed everyday I was in Junior High . . . to no avail often times . . . but I was still trying lol.

3. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Molly an TJ on General hospital for 4 years...and Shawn and Alexis before that...

tj_molly.jpg Alexis_Shawn.png

4. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Very few though most people I talk to really like Lucas and Max together.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Meant to post about this but the IR on Dynasty is still going so the CW have an exception. And the first season will be debuting on Netflix this summer for those who haven't seen this season or like me watched it sparingly because didn't have time.

6. darkcurry

Midnight, Texas Season 2 will go through some changes with their showrunners and a couple of the stars.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/midnigh...l-vazquez-monica-owusu-breen-exit-1202268849/

I hope the change in showrunners is a change to make it even better, because I along with other people liked the first season. I hope what they are aiming for is to make it a little more darker and push the envelope a bit. I mean they did so here and there, but was still safe with it. This is a horror/sci-fi show, I would dance on the edge more with TV-14 rating like they do with Chicago P.D. and Blindspot. They have the 18-49 demographic to do it.

BTW For those not caught up or would want to re-watch the first season it is on Hulu https://www.hulu.com/midnight-texas

7. darkcurry

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Auli’i Cravalho as Lilette Suarez and Damon J. Gillespie as Robbie Thorne in a scene from NBC's new show Rise.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fun fact they film this at my high school so crazy

10. darkcurry

Shows how little TV I watch, I didn't know anything about this. lol.

11. darkcurry

Wow. lol. Small world, right?

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah someone posted about it on FB and now I have to watch

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Its not just that...there is simply so much TV these days that no one is really watching much TV relative to the amount of content.

14. beeehave

beeehave Active Member

Not anymore for the time being. As usual with BM/WF relationships on screen inevitably a white guy gets thrown in the mix and eventually they will sleep together. They have already locked lips.

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm about to watch the 5th episode of "Life Sentence" that aired earlier this week and look at the promo for the episode:

16. darkcurry

Yeah I seen it and they managed to get through that moment, but next week's episode she is having sex dreams about that white doctor. lol. smh.

17. darkcurry

You're talking about Fallon, Culhane and Liam. It looks like they are moving towards a relationship with Fallon and Culhane. Remember she also had a fling with Jeff as well. But at least it isn't being written like Liam is her white knight or he is the guy she needs to be with in this love triangle and at least the black guy isn't getting cucked. In fact neither black guy on the show is getting cucked. lol. But fans just like with Life Sentence are sick of the love triangle, those who like it are either single or cheating or thinking about cheating on their significant other right now. lol.

18. darkcurry

Remember we are always going to have a few bumps in the road as long as white guys and really anyone that isn't in a IR relationship is writing or directing a show or movie that has interracial couples especially one that is between bm and ww. One of the biggest problems is that we still need better representation at the helm of these shows and movies. Unfortunately those who aren't in or have experienced a bm/ww interracial relationship only know of the stereotypes. They don't think you can get an actual loving relationship out of a black man and a white woman.

19. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

This drama seems so manufactured. Let me know when I should tune in.

20. darkcurry

It was promising for the first 3 episodes. Has a strong premise, funny and still is kind of funny, but instead of sticking to the formula and staying original they had to do what CW shows do and what Hollywood loves to do and that is throw those dreaded love triangles in there, especially with bm/ww relationships. And really didn't try anything after that because obviously they were focused on making this marriage troubled and involve outsiders. Needed to take a clue from the relationships on This Is Us.

Showrunners really need to pay attention to these "shipping" videos on youtube and realize more people love couples not love triangles. lol.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List