BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah, and we got a tease of the chemistry critics who have seen the first episode keep boasting about between them two.

http://www.slashfilm.com/cloak-dagger-trailer/

Smart advertising and a release date too. I originally thought releasing it in June while doing this long promotional tour wasn't a good idea, but now looking at it with the release of Avengers Infinity War coming April 27th which will probably go on a long box office reign inside the box office top 5 during May and Deadpool being released in the middle of May along with Luke Cage being released on June, 22nd. Releasing it on June 7th puts it in the middle of the already well established Marvel projects kicking off the summer should give the last legs of the promotional tour with the red carpet premiere much more attention. Marvel has a smart promotional team. They probably learned from Inhumans. lol.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Marvel is the best in the biz but promo would be nothing if the product was wack. Even though they tweak the stories for TV and movies, Marvel is faithful to the original comics, period, end of story

3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I'd rather see it on Netflix but they've already got six Marvel shows as it is. I'm still looking forward to seeing this one, though.

4. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Marvel seems to have their finger on the pulse of what audiences want. Had very little belief in this project when I heard about it, but to be honest, C&D looks incredible to me right now.

5. darkcurry

Yeah and as I said early reviews of those who seen the first episode was great! And reading some of them without the spoilers it seems they are keeping it an actual IR romance between the two and no lagging unlike Jessica Jones and Luke Cage which is great if it all pays off and it becomes a hit.(which it looks like it will.) Because Marvel has become more than just comic book movies and TV shows, with how dark and close to reality they keep their storylines and character depth they have become leaders and giants in the entertainment industry. It's about time they get their due at these major award shows. But back to the IR this could become the very show with a black man and a white woman as the leads and lovers that give interracial prominence in mainstream films and TV and deserving and proving it can be a lead relationship as any other relationship. I could already see the amount of Cloak and Dagger cosplay happening at SDCC2018.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad this show is airing in the summer when nothing else is on.

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

What is the hater site I like to whine about? I'm out of the loop.

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

the hater site I like to whine about forums. This is the thread where I read that info: https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/the-vampire-diaries-tea.771627/

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Oh okay thanks. Sounds like baseless gossip, but I could be wrong. Doubt I'll ever go digging for that proof tho lol.

10. darkcurry

Along with Midnight, Texas. That is another good strategy on their part in hyping it up and getting people excited to see it.

11. darkcurry

Anyone else watching Life Sentence. Me and my GF right now are watching the 3rd episode and this show is solid. It is pleasantly funny. And Stella and Wes have a sexy and funny relationship.

12. darkcurry

Oh, no. They just did the most terrible thing with this last episode of Life Sentence.

They just ended this episode with looks to be an potential love triangle with her and the Dr. that works at the hospital.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He asked her how long has she been married and she said Six Months. And then he said I wished I would've met you 7 months ago. Her husband shows up to pick her up at the hospital and she looks back at the doctor with a look like she was feeling that. What in the actual fuck. In reality a REAL happily married woman would've been insulted and felt that he disrespected her husband with that line. They sold this show as these two being in love and their journey within THEIR love story from the trailers to the first two episodes. I really hope that is not the route they are going. PEOPLE DON'T LIKE LOVE TRIANGLES! The good thing is it's backfiring with the fans chiming in on the hashtag #LifeSentence on twitter. Or it could be a bad thing if they lose viewers. Not only a love triangle, but it would be a TERRIBLE one because she is happily married. My girl and I felt like @Young Herschel lol. She was like who? lol.

13. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Of course they did, man! I haven't watched the show, and from what you describe, I have little interest in it, but it's the CW. Their IR is strange. Brothers get cucked on their programing all the time. Heart of Dixie is the only show where the brother doesn't get romantically undermined; otherwise, what you describe is CW business as usual.

14. darkcurry

Yeah, but most people didn't like it. You had a few women that swooned over the white guy and thought that it was okay, but most loved Wes and Stella as a couple so it will backfire with a promising show. Audiences ain't with it no more. And I guess that's the good news. lol.

15. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

16. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Barry

This is a pretty good bio-pic of Barack Obama. It is on Netflix.

It focus' on him arriving in NYC to attend Columbia University and how arriving to NYC laid the framework on how he looked at things socially and politically from his point of view.

He arrived in NYC with very limited contact with American Black folks who grew up in the inner cities and it was a big culture shock to him.

It also goes into how he was not happy being bi-racial and had negative views of his mother and father which affected his view s on relationships with women (especially white women)

A sequel needs to be made on how he progressed after graduating college.

Synopsis

Barack Obama arrives in New York in the fall of 1981 for his junior year at Columbia University. He struggles to stay connected to his mother, his estranged father and his classmates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. darkcurry

Ashley Judd plays his mother? lol.

18. Soscean

Soscean Member

This is why I waited to start watching. I knew it was going to happen, CW 101 - Love triangle! It already looked like they were cramming too many things into the plot, like her family situations. Now that shes free of cancer, she will explore more, and question her decision to marry (she only did because she thought she was dying, which she can use as an excuse). You can see where they are taking this a mile away.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  19. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Great news for fans of NETFLIX's "Stranger Things" ~ Season three will definitely feature the Max & Lucas relationship romantically:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entert...nger-things-season-3-news-date-cast-spoilers/

as they have skipped ahead a year to the summer of their Froshman year of High school and the two have been going strong as a promising, young teen IR couple in Conservative Indiana embarking on Summer 1985. What does this mean for Sadie Sink and Caleb McClaughlin?: [​IMG]

Hopefully some plausible PG-13 dating scenes for Max & Lucas :): [​IMG]
    . . . which couldn't be more appropriate as they portraying 14 year olds in an 11 month relationship at a time when the PG-13 rating became the hottest new trend in movie classifications thanks to "Red Dawn", "Back to the Future" and "Weird Science" right? Netflix uses TV-14 rating but who knows what the Duffer brothers have in mind . . . perhaps they want to piss off all the racist conservatives who boo-hooed the aforementioned kissing scene and have Max and Lucas to do an coming-of-age bathing suit scene by Lucas's in-ground pool where they engage in some adolescent exploratory underwater intimacy only to get interrupted by his cock-blocking bratty kid sister lol.

Keep it cute and keep it cool but let these teens live a little right? They want to credibly portray a teen IR couple who have been together for about a year by the summer of 1985 . . . surely I expect them to face drama from the masses of conservative Hoosiers in IN many of whom will surely be older teen white boys from the high school who will try to test the strength of Max's loyalty to Lucas; tempting her with their driving privileges and nice cars . . . they surely won't respect Lucas and he will have to put his thang down to let them know that this fiery auburn-haired beauty is HIS girlfriend and not their next teenage sexual conquest: [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  20. darkcurry

That will turn some of the stranger things fanbase off with them being an established IR couple. But good to know this info on our side. :)