BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Season finale so soon? Are broadcast networks doing the 13 episode season thing now?

2. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Yes. Michael Schur said, they wouldn't be able to maintain the quality of the writing for more than 13 episodes per season. The show is intricately structured. If NBC passed on the show, he intended to take it to Netflix.

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The Good Place seems to want to slow play the romance, which can be a good thing because it means they want it to feel meaningful. However, taking things too slow can stall out the romance. I remember a show called Judging Amy that had a slow played romance between the WW judge and her BM court officer. They did the "will they or won't they" for like 6 season but the show got canceled before any real relationship happened.

4. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The Good Place seems - "seems" (because the show could twist at any moment) to be playing a different game. The slow burn here is that the writers cynically introduced the idea of "soulmates" in S1 and are now sincerely executing on that concept with Eleanor and Chidi in S2 - Jason and Janet to a lesser degree.

Also, the season finale this year was very "star-crossed lovers" sentimental.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I liked how they played it out in the season finale though. It was like he was the one(Love) that changed her life around.

6. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Heartland

This show is on Netflix, but I believe it is currently on regular network or cable TV somewhere....maybe the CW.

It is lily white as white can be.

My wife watches it on Netflix and there is some IR with some of the white female characters every now and then but the storylines are short.

Nothing to get excited about.

[​IMG]

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

A couple of new promos for The CW's upcoming series "Life Sentence":

That 2nd promo reminds me of "Hart of Dixie".

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Netflix Announces New Original Series The Innocents

In the upcoming series, teenagers Harry and June run away from their repressive family lives to be together, then are thrown into an extraordinary journey of self-discovery that derails their innocent dream. Secrets kept from them by their parents test their love to the breaking point, and the extraordinary gift they possess unleashes powerful forces intent on dividing them forever.

The series stars Sorcha Groundsell as June, Percelle Ascott as Harry and Guy Pearce as Halvorson.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  9. darkcurry

This looks excellent without giving too much away. Good first trailer to peak an interest.

10. darkcurry

11. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

NETFLIX is showing their cards on YA interracial lol. So there's this upcoming show primarily showcasing interracial teens and "Everythig Sucks" is another NETFLIX original series which just popped up today showcasing interracial YA because they know I watch 90210 religiously lol.

I now have greater confidence that "Stranger Things 3" will give Max & Lucas some impressive dramatic scenes showcasing interracial YA . . . NETFLIX has shown their cards

12. darkcurry

I seen some known actress(that's not on the show.) on twitter going hard for this show "Everything Sucks". I wish I can remember the name of the actress. Can you tell us more about the show or does it have a trailer out already?

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

hmmm..... a 90's Stranger Things without the monsters.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. darkcurry

What you talkin' bout?

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

You don't see it? A multiracial group of nerdy friends, pop culture nostalgia, a tweener romance between the only black kid and the white new girl. It's so similar I'm surprised the show isn't called "Weirder Stuff"

17. darkcurry

I did, I just wanted to make sure we on the same page. You kind of beat me to that reference. lol.

18. Young Herschel

It may have come to fruition because the powers that be have had an awakening on those exact ingredients that made "Stranger Things" its most prominent 15-35 dramatic series. Now with these Freshmen kids testing the waters (as Stranger Things begins the transition to High School in 2019 circa 1986?) NETFLIX decides to put the IR recipe to the test here and to an extent with "Greenhouse Academy 2" which is a high-tech residential High School drama originally set in Israel but NETFLIX introduced its reboot with Florida setting and interracial YA couples.

"The Innocents", "The Greenhouse Academy", "Stranger Things 3" and "Everythig Sucks" demonstrate a conscious effort by NETFLIX to use its popularity to broaden the perimeters of what good television is not just today but to highlight that compelling interracial experiences have always been plausible through the 80's & 90's an into the near future . . . these storylines just needed a major network to invest in the genre with quality showrunners :)

19. Young Herschel

Thump - there is no new white girl here in "Everythig Sucks" though to NETFLIX's credit. She's a sophmore and somewhat already established because she's the principal's daughter . . . this crew of kids are just entering her world as newbies/Frosh.

T he male lead is unquestionabley the black kid here as Luke (damn NETFLIX why when we have Lucas already established on Stranger Things lol) is the star of the show as played by yet another teen black actor (Young Ralph Tresvant) from "The New Edition Story" (ok on second thought Thump may be on to something lol :)

20. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Dang Kristen Bell always getting with brothas in shows, she gotta go in the IR hall of fame for sure.