Images That Make You Stop.....And Think...

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by blackbull1970, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

2. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Australian equivalent:

[​IMG]

AMAZING!

3. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  4. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[​IMG]

Golden Gate Bridge opening day on May 27th 1937

5. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'White Tree” folie architecturale of the 21st century by Sou Fujimoto and Nicolas Laisné

The City of Montpellier has chosen Sou Fujimoto Architects, Nicolas Laisné Associés and Manal Rachdi Oxo architects’ “White Tree (L’Arbre Blanc)” as winner of the “Architectural Folie of the 21st Century” competition. Inspired by the city’s tradition of outdoor living, and the efficient properties of a tree, the mixed-use residential tower will feed off locally available natural resources as it rises 17-stories and connects the new and old districts of Montpellier.

The 17-storey mixed-use tower will accommodate residential units, office space, an art gallery, restaurant and a panoramic bar. a cross-cultural endeavor, the scheme embodies today’s montpellier, with an integration of japanese and mediterranean styles. the structure is strategically located between the city center and the newly developed districts of port marianne and odysseum, midway between the old and new districts of the town.

6. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

7. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

8. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

9. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Virtual Cadavers Offer New Opportunities In Medicine

Computer-generated models are starting to let researchers and students peer into the body without needing a real human stretched out before them.

Virtual dissection tables have been built at places like Stanford and the University of Calgary. Now University of Michigan computer scientists and biologists have taken the technology another step forward, using projectors, joysticks and 3-D equipment to build a floating holographic human that users can dissect, manipulate and put back together as they wish.

10. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

11. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This ain't news. We knew that this country was bought and paid for when no one went to jail for the crash

13. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

This is fucking horrifying!

14. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[​IMG]

Pac stood up, and it’s the first thing you heard him say in like, two weeks of court.

"You know, your honor, throughout this entire court case, you haven’t looked me or my attorney in the eye once. It’s obvious that you’re not here in the search for justice, so therefore, there’s no point in me asking for a lighter sentence. I don’t care what you do cause you’re not respecting us, this is not a court of law; as far as I’m concerned, no justice is being served here, and you still can’t look me in the eye. So I say, do what you wanna do, give me whatever time you want, because I’m not in your hands, I’m in God’s hands".

15. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

16. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

17. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[​IMG]

John F. Kennedy as a teenager.

18. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

19. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remembering the Rwanda Genocide 20 Years On:

1. Relatives of victims of the genocide grieve during a memorial event.

2. Soldiers of the Rwandan Patriotic Front rebel group inspect the wreckage of the plane shot down April 6, 1994, killing Rwandan President Juvenal Habyarimana and Burundian President Cyprien Ntaryamira. The attack on the plane sparked the genocide in Rwanda, in which more than half a million people were killed in just three months.

3. A brother and sister find each other after a reunion of families separated during the genocide.

4. A crowd of mostly Tutsi civilians, seeking protection against Hutu militiamen, sit in the Saite Famille Catholic church in the then government controlled part of Kigali, listening to a member of the security services address them. Over several months, many people were taken from Sainte Famille church and killed by Hutu militiamen, who maintained checkpoints around the church during the genocide.

5. One of the many houses marked with the word “Tutsi” stands in a deserted village in eastern Rwanda, just a few kilometers from a church at Nyarubuye in which more than 1,000 people were massacred by Hutu militiamen.

6. Civilians wounded during the genocide recover in a makeshift hospital in the Sainte Famille church in Kigali, Rwanda.

7. Thousands of mostly Hutu refugees fled across the border to Congo (then Zaire) in the face of the advancing Rwanda Patriotic Front, in the last days of the genocide. Among them were Rwandan soldiers and militamen who had taken part in the genocide.

20. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[​IMG]

A South African man rides a bus restricted to whites only, in Durban. In an act of resistance to South Africa’s apartheid policies, 1986.