How true is this meme?

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by 4north1side2, May 19, 2016.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

2. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Just one of those stereotype memes. Sometimes it's true sometimes it's not.

I've met friendly BW who gave me their names when I asked and continued the convo.

I've met bitchy WW who curled their lip and acted all high and mighty when I approached them for their name.

3. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

IDK....the black women in my life are friendly to me

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This is a more often than not situation
    In my experience the former carriers a much bigger chip on their shoulder and are usually friendly when they want something. In fairness I think they face more and it definitely takes its toll.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

6. The Dark King

7. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

What did you expect from Dumblove?...

8. flaminghetero

They face more because they dish out more.

They don't act like that around other people.

9. The Dark King

Look I'm quick to call out women (race don't matter) on their horseshit but I can recognize the challenges are different for black women in this country.
    It's not easy growing up as a woman period but then when the standard of beauty is everything opposite of you that creates a chip. Then because of the crack era arrests creating gang wars and skyrocketing prison rates which results in less men in your community they're left with a shit ton of lesser men. Dudes who treat them bad but they don't know its bad because so many of them don't have a father in the house to show them how a woman should be treated so then they're left with media and tv to show them the way. A montage of images depicting them as nothing more than sexual beings who will only be approached by drug dealers, athletes, and entertainment types. From the minute they enter this world they are taught there is something wrong with them, that aren't as coveted and loved as other women. The only dudes who approach them are guys who are just trying to get a nut not them. So I get how they have a much more jaded personality. I don't excuse it but I know its not completely of their own making either.

10. flaminghetero

All women have a tear to cry...every last one.

One thing is for sure....

BW are the only ones that don't have to answer to their own men...or fear a backlash from them.

11. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Insightful post TDK, well said.

12. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Meh.

I think women are all different. We all grow up differently and have different experiences. Speaking generally, I can empathize with the sentiment that TDK so eloquently laid out, however speaking about myself particularly, I have had my strifes in life and I haven't had it easy. I am a black sheep of my family, dated black men for much of my teen and all of my adult life, and never really fit in. I was hated on, back in the day I paid no mind because it pissed me off that my parents were racist and that my peers didn't like me either simply because of the person I dated.

I don't imply that I don't care how others see or feel about me, I do in some form or fashion. I am also saying while I empathize I do not feel sorry for women who feel jaded.

I'm a go against the grain type of person because I've done so for so long. I don't feel sorry for others. Everyone is dealt a different hand and life isn't easy for most.

Be happy with the life and the choices you make and don't try to force your choices or opinions onto others. Do not judge others for the way they live their lives. Stay in your lane and keep it movin..

As for the meme, women can be petty. Hell, so can men. We not all going to be each other's cup of tea. As long as we can be respectful towards one another, that's what's important.

Not saying I'm right, wrong or indifferent. Just my $.02

13. The Dark King

The ironic thing is you're like 2nd pic you don't strike me as a person who would be rude just because a guy said hi

14. K

K Well-Known Member

Being jaded (due to experiences) doesn't mean you have to be rude.

15. Cherok33

No I'm definitely never rude to anyone

16. The Dark King

Exactly
    Who doesn't like someone with a sunny disposition

17. Cherok33

I remember I used to have one of those days I try to anyway

Life changes people

But I definitely agree a bubbly personality and a sunny disposition makes a world of a difference and is very attractive

18. The Dark King

It's sexy as hell and is one of the reasons I've had such an affinity for ww. It's hard not to want to be around that all the time.

19. K

K Well-Known Member

I remember when I was young and there was an older lady who was always pleasant. She just had this kind way about her. I thought she must have lived a really good life to be so nice. One day we were talking and she told me the story about her life. She had a horrible life.....much more than anything most people could even imagine. She had more reason to be jaded and angry than anyone and yet she wasn't. She may have been jaded and cautious about who she let really close to her, but she wasn't going around with a bad attitude and being rude to people. She told me that NO ONE had the right or justification to be like that....period.

20. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

The cup is always half full, not half empty.