Horror movies with IR elements

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Young Herschel, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Did Katie Siegel at least kiss the brother?

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I knew about this movie and its IR potential late last month from browsing the "Horror" genre on Apple iTunes. Jessie T Usher is very prominently listed on the cast in the silver or bronze medal position. The trailer just didn't do enough to captivate my interest . . . I ran it twice and still nothing. There is no nudity or sexual content in the description/classification of it. Common Sense gave it a zero in that department too and those Christian Family critics are very reliable in my experience. Just checked it again . . . Usher is in the silver spot and CS gave it one star for sex/nudity. Maybe take a sneak peak on Cinema Free via firestick lol first.

3. Young Herschel

Here is another Halloween recommendation from our friends at TUBI:

4. Young Herschel

Back again with the alleged #1 horror movie of last year (2021) that no one knew about according to a critic on YouTube. There is IR in the trailer for the skeptics here lol when I am making these recommendations:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
  5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

You should probably mention wheather or not the characters involved in the IRRs are the lead/co-lead characters or are just supporting characters.

I'd prefer to prioritize watching the horror films mentioned in this thread where:

1. A lead/co-lead character is involved in the IR

&

B. If both characters in the IR are supporting characters, At least 1 of them is played by a notable actor/actress.

6. Young Herschel

I don't think like that when watching movies. I just look for a full formula of blood & violence with equal parts of lust & passion. Do I care if its big name established stars doing the scenes . . . no. A movie like "X" is a unicorn with Pegasus wings running down a magical rainbow lol. It was an outlier in the Horror genre. I just want some good fundamentals and sufficient cash expenditure to make the movie look to be of good quality. If it has any interracial element at all whatsever . . . that is icing on the cake to me because historically there was really no wwbm interracial in this genre of cinema. Take a movie like "Malevolence 3" on TUBI . . . no IR action in it whatsoever but it was soooo impressive that I looked it up n eBay and ordered the trilogy collection on Blu-Ray signed by Steven Mena himself.

If the protagonist is involved in the IR or some secondary or even tertiary character is involved in the IR element . . . is just not something that registers with me as I am happy enough if there is any IR to add hot sauce to the movie at all. Most of these movies have ensemble casts anyway so what does it really matter? Of the three movies from last Halloween you inquired about

A. "Seclusion"
    B. "Demon Hole"
    C. "Most Likely to Die"

D. "Flesh is Heir to"

. . . the "final girl" doesn't do IR in any of them if she can be considered the protagonist unless you count D. "Flesh is Heir to" where the final girl (Louisa de Boutts) does indeed engage in it and she earned an award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance:

In "Crawlspace" from 2013 not the 2022 release though . . . it is a horror movie with IR elements as the final girl does bring a black boyfriend home from college. Raleigh Holmes and Paul James are the co-ed couple involved if that is indeed a point of interest but I only ever heard of Paul James myself; the movie is just a fun watch regardless of the name recognition or lack there of. "Debbie Wilson" of the CW's "90210" (Lori Laughin) plays Susan the mom of the Gates family curiously enough lol and has no qualms about her daughter engaging in the aforementioned activities under her roof much to the chagrin of the man of the house ~ Tim Gates lol:

What the names of the actors are . . . I really don't care to be honest lol. Jacob Lattimore was mentioned by @ColiBreh1for his role in Netflix's "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" which was very forgettable as he doesn't even hug his White paramour in that reboot. Well I know he stars in an IR relationship in "Monster House" that I can recall but I am not about to look up the name of all these different white actresses and black actors . . . lol . . . sorry to say I just do what I can if it comes to mind. There are sooo few horror movies with IR scenes in them anyway . . . just enjoy what you can and watch them all. "Flesh is Heir to" is not an actual horror movie but more of a crime thriller with substantial IR content. Hope everyone can enjoy some good horror flicks this month and have a great weekened!!
    TUBI has sooo much MA and unrated horror content that you really don't need to pay for anything Horror specific like Shudder, AMC +, Chiller or IFC Midnight. It isn't all high quality but there are some treasures in that trailer park like "Malevolence 3", "Malevolence", "Malevolence 2: Bereavement" and "Silent Scream" that are good enough to be Showtime originals by comparison.

Here is "Silent Scream" which has the type of trailer that catches my eye on a Friday evening after work. Just give me some black male representation in the horror trailer and I will take that with a glimmer of hope and run with it lol. The protagonist is a former Bad Boy performing artist member of the Puffy 2000 girl group "Dream". I think he probably rolled the dice on her sugar and spice lol . . . just a read from the body language between the two of them on my part back in the day ;) :

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. ColiBreh1

I'm 33 minutes into "Blackstock Boneyard" & this scene in the grocery store where the female lead & the brotha 1st meet is just awkward. LOL! My dude is fumbling over his words & is saying corny shit. After her friends tease her for her corny flirting with dude, they're all of sudden intimately sharing candy with each other. She must be really into dude because IMO dude doesn't really have much game or swag, but she's acting like he does. LOL.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

She could be corny herself. lol. Or like that.

9. ColiBreh1

In hindsight, it might just have been bad acting and/or directing. Anyways, "Blackstock Boneyard" might be the 1st horror film I seen where the IR couple survives & has a happy ending.

10. Young Herschel

11. ColiBreh1

@Young Herschel You need to edit this last post. It's not displaying right. I think you accidentally put your new post in the quote post.

• List
  12. Young Herschel

I had last minute rushed out to post it. It was on a whim lol. If you click on it . . . it expands to legible length. I mistakenly made my edit inside the margins in my haste. My phone doesn't allow me to make edits all the time or post YouTube videos when its acting up.

13. ColiBreh1

LOL, Are you referencing the "This is Me (Remix)" music video? Which chick in the music video is in this "Silent Scream" movie?:

14. Young Herschel

The tall, beautiful blonde . . . Michelle or Melissa is her name. She also starred in that Nick Cannon & Christina movie "Love don't cost a thing".

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. ColiBreh1

Watching 2013 "Crawlspace" & WOW at the mom (played by Lori Loughlin) being OK with the daughter & her BF (played by Paul James) smashing in the house, while also trying to keep it a secret from the Dad. The is a family home with 2 younger siblings who also live there. That is a wild subplot.

16. ColiBreh1

Which Candyman film?

17. darkcurry

All 3 of them? Daniel Robitide's backstory is told in all three CandyMan flicks.

• List
  18. ColiBreh1

OK. I've only ever seen the original '92 film & that was years ago. So I forgotten about the backstory about CandyMan being son of a Slave & a WW.

What movie is "The Watcher" and who's involved in the IR?

19. darkcurry

Okay this will get a little difficult so I'm going to give you the right details so that you could find the right one because there are currently 3 projects that are named The Watcher. Two of them are more current but the one I'm talking about came out in 2016 and is a movie.

The one I'm talking about stars an IR couple played by Edi Gathegi and Erin Cahill and is based on a true story

The Watcher 2016 Film Trailer

Also the current one features an IR element (check around the :40 mark) and this one is based on a true story as well. But is a TV show.

WATCHER Trailer (NEW 2022)

The third one is just called Watcher starring Maika Monroe. But the promos keep calling it The Watcher. lol. That one doesn't feature an IR element.

• List
  20. Young Herschel

That was a looooooooooonnnngg mother-father trailer lol!! I was completely sold after 75 seconds . . . just hate when Netflix or anyone ruins a movie by giving 75% of it away in the trailer. If this is a series . . . then all the better!! Thanks @darkcurry :)