Higher Ground

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Satchmo, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Ten years ago the levees broke and I moved to Appalachia to dry off. These hillbillies gave me dry clothes, minimum wage, seasons, security, moonshine, and best friends. I had no intention of staying but you made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Thank you east tennessee. Simple twist of fate.

2. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

I wish I could get some good consistent moonshine out here in the west. I still have about a pint of white lightning that I am savoring until I find some more.

3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I only get moonshine on special occasions. But dammit, apple pie moonshine is the absolute truth.

And it's awesome that you have found happiness in Tennessee. You never know where life is going to take you and what will happen once you get there!

4. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

It's always pleasant to meet southerners with a full set of teeth. Gives me hope for the region.

5. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I've only ever been to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. It was a family vacation, we stayed in these big, beautiful log cabins in the mountains. Each cabin would fit comfortably 2 to 3 families, and at the end of each day a different cabin/group of families would make dinner for the rest of the family. That was one of the best vacations I've ever had.

Gatlinburg, Tennessee is absolutely gorgeous!!!

As Since inferred, life takes you to places you never would have imagined and sometimes pleasantly surprised as you

6. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

If you ever want to come back I'll show you a good time. Well, a different time at least.