Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

How does one become a ruler? Either through birth or conquering? Right

2. The Dark King

Like I said which details are you referring to? Funny how I can tell you the ones I'm talking about but you can't do the same.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And like I said not my fault that you haven't and other people haven't been paying attention to the fact that the whole story is a dark tragedy.

There have been no happy or very heroic endings throughout since season 1. Not my fault that they didn't take their time to go step by step to show what makes Dany eventually crack, because that's the main issue.

4. The Dark King

So basically you have no point and no example to point to. Got it. Fair enough

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Wasn't trying to prove a point because unlike you I wasn't trying to convince you or anyone else that you are "lazy people".

7. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Rhaegar wasn't a CONQUEROR . . . at all. Don't move the goalposts . . . you stated there had been no such thing as a benevolent conqueror and I beg to differ: Creghan Stark was a CONQUEROR . . . he was BENEVOLENT. Jaeherys the Wise Targaryen, Daron the Young Dragon Targaryen . . . I could go on :)

Princess Nymeria & Prince Mors Martell ~ together formed House Nymeros Martell . . . and conquered Dorne and the Rhoynish princess defeated all those who opposed her claim. By the end of Nymeria's conquest she sent SEVERAL Dornish kings to the Nights Watch: Yorick V Yronwood the Bloodroyal who slew her husband was even spared as were King Vorian Dayne (Sword of the Evening) of Starfall, King Garrison of House Fowler, King Albin of House Manwoody and King Benedict of House Blackmount plus some other kings I don't remember off the top. She sent them with full regalia too lol so they could serve the Realm as living examples of her just and benevolent rule.

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This meme is trending on Reddit:

[​IMG]

Yeah show Euron ultimately ends up being a letdown, I remember the Euron in the books being even more ambitious & he had even bigger plans than the 1 on the show. The show version of Euron just seemed to be content with smashing Cersei & being her King.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

What do all these book facts about characters who aren't in the TV series have to do with people missing the obvious trajectory of how Dany's story arc would play out?

What show have you been watching over the last 9-10 years that no character, good, bad & inbetween has had a good ending to their story arc?

If Dany is so benevolent then why didn't she just stay in Essos and establish a benovelent rule there? How come Dany demanded Jon bend the knee before she agreed to help him defend "her kingdom" against a threat that would have wiped out the whole Seven Kingdoms?

But I degress. Being an individual of such obvious lazy intellect that I am, I shouldn't focus on all the small in your face details that tell the tale but rather all the large deflection details that hook you into empathizing with the characters circumstances & dilemmas.

10. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

It wasn't written in stone that Dany's story arc would play out this way . . . Dumb & Dumber just decided they would go in this direction for their own personal agendas as capricious and arbitrary as they are.

Tell me whatever happened to Prince Doran's Dornish master plan HBO version??? Clearly the S5 preview segments foretold that he was holding something in reserve and was not as impotent and docile as he put forth to the outside world . . do you remember those behind the Throne segments??

Well, obviously Dan & David didn't because they made Prince Doran absolutely useless, incompetent, impotent and horrible regent as well as a grossly negligent father to Prince Trystane whom he was allowing to be held hostage by Queen Cersei in King's Landing . . . traveling there without Sworn swords to protect him at all. Please explain the arbitrary and capricious writing here . . . what had the Lannisters to done to earn Prince Dorian's trust and favor? They harbored the very "knights" who had raped his sister Princess Elia and slaughtered his niece & nephew . . . so now Prince Doran sends his heir to their care??

There are multiple examples I could post about how nonsensical the plot development and story writing has been but Dorne takes the cake for me . . . Dany was just par for the course as their is no one at the helm of this doomed and sinking ship nor has there been since season 4 when GRRM left executive production of HBO's loosely based cable adaptation of his literary masterpiece ASOIAF

Don't make sense of some of it . . . when huge segments of it don't make a bit of common sense (SMDH) and tell us "well the seeds were there all the while and now they have grown into a harvest of horrors"

11. The Dark King

What show were you watching where she flips a switch and kills thousands of innocent people fleeing for their lives AFTER she won. She didn't burn random Dathraki with the Khals for good measure she didn't kill random slaves with the slavers in Mareen. Again if human life meant absolutely nothing to her why did she lock up those dragons after Drogon killed one innocent child. It literally doesn't track and you can't admit you're working backwards to fit flawed and lazy ass story telling.
    They wanted the mad queen ending and shoehorned the shit out of this season to fit the narrative

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

What show were you watching where she did anything for the overall benefit of the Dothraki, the Unsullied or any of the underclass of Esso?
    You keep using examples of how she didn't burn people to prove her benevolence and she wasn't going down the madness road, but you can't actually name the overly beneficial things she did for the people of Esso or for anyone in Westeros once she got there that didn't require them bending the knee to her first.

And again no one is disputing the fact the writer shit the bed entirely in wrapping up the series with this short season rather than doing a full 10 episodes like HBO high offered them the chance to do.

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Of all the ways they could have ended the series that was certainly one of them.

14. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Causality made this a great ending to this journey
    In the fair amount of time I have binged this show I could say I love the unpredictable way of the Death Of Daenerys And The Set Up To It From The Meeting Jon had With Tyrion to the last kiss. And Drogon's heartbreak lead him to being smarter than them all.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know a lot of other people hated it, but knowing the state of humanity in this social media age they wouldn't have been able to please them anyway. Humans seeks the satisfaction of anger, frustration. It's wrong to say they're never satisfied because that is what satisfies them. But writers do fail(probably purposely) at giving them good love stories and stories of triumph that can bring the satisfaction of joy so I guess you can say humans disappoint each other. lol.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  15. ColiBreh1

I'm 38 minutes into the series finale and dude ended up being right about how the Azor Ahai prophecy was gonna play out.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  16. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The Ending We Deserved :p
    [​IMG]

17. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Didn't have time to see the finale on Sunday.

After being bombarded with spoilers for the past two days and the disappointment from the rest of the season, I don't even think that I'm going to bother to watch.

18. samson1701

The Ending We Got
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. samson1701

[​IMG]

20. ColiBreh1

LOL, I don't watch ANY of my shows live. I usually watch them later in the week before the next episode airs. But GoT (along with that last season of "Breaking Bad") are the only TV shows that I kept-up with week-to-week, that you CANNOT wait till later in the week to watch the latest episode because the episode will be spoiled for you.

It's been that way for GoT since at least season 3. Even if you avoid social media/YouTube/news on the net, all of these entertainment shows & talk shows that air on TV will spoil the latest GoT episode the very next day after the episode airs.