Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I find the show is still entertaining. The only character that I can say I care about is Peter Dinklage's character. Aside from that, I'm not bothered. Never felt like a slap in the face to me considering that I am not invested beyond that one main character.

I'm going to stop responding to the replies until we get to the final episode.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm watching this video from 1 of my go-to YouTubers:

Bruh if the Azor Ahai prophecy plays out in the series finale like dude is speculating (& it does sound plausible), people about to be FURIOUS!!

3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

You might be interested to hear a well regarded Youtuber has theorized that your favorite main character has been strategically sabotaging Queen Daenerys for quite some time and that his TREASON has been ongoing since S6 . . . but only obviously manifested this prior episode when he liberated his brother . . . no way all his experience and intellectual ability has caused him to be so incompetent but rather it was deliberate and he should have been executed for TREASON
    well before Lord Varys tried to poison Queen Daenerys last episode

John Millisus has projected that Tyrion will sit the Iron Throne at the finale with Sansa fulfilling her childhood dream as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms . . . Jon is going North to reunite with Ghost because he really doesn't want the position

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

The (over)reaction to the Daenerys storyline, like the idiot who started the petition demanding to have the series remade, is hilarious to me. Yes, this season (and the last, which was utterly predictable) is a bit on the sloppy side, but it's a lot of crap they have to cram into such a short season so somewhat understandable.

As far as the change in Dany goes, I've seen it coming for a long time, so I wasn't surprised that she went on the rampage like she did. As has been said in here and in private conversations had about the show, she thinks she's entitled to the throne, and that in itself is a serious issue when it comes to her fitness to rule. Not to say that she doesn't have some good qualities or that she's a character I dislike or don't feel sympathy for, but she's gotten so sucked into her own hype that she's become a power-tripping megalomaniac. All the things she's been through, the stories she heard growing up from her sadistic & twisted brother, her family history, the pressure and stress, etc. combined with the "love" and ego boost given to her by her followers for "freeing" them have made her an egotistical, power-hungry, merciless, paranoid, unstable individual who is not fit to rule. A good ruler knows and understands it's about the people you're supposed to be leading and protecting (if you can't serve, you can't lead), but she thinks it's all about her. Even if she started out with good intentions, it was obvious that she wouldn't end up with them. She's been unraveling for a good while now (and a bit off even before that), and if you missed it, you weren't paying attention. I didn't like what she did, but I knew it was coming at some point.

As for theories, even those from the almighty youtubers, lmao, most of them haven't come to pass and most likely never will. I say enjoy the story for what it is, or at least don't take the parts that don't happen the way you want them to so personally. All of the "why?" outrage is silly and pointless. As my daddy always said when someone was crying "Why?" about something that happened on a show, "It was in the script.", so get over it. lol I'm not expecting a happy ending, so I'm not going to get bent out of shape if there isn't one.

At this point though, fuck the iron throne and the seemingly never-ending chain of tyrants who think the world should be kissing their asses just because they have a title. The seven kingdoms would be better off with no one on the throne than they would with another asshole perched upon it.

5. Tamstrong

6. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm curious did you read the books?

8. Tamstrong

Yes

9. The Dark King

Ok I'm beginning to see nearly everyone who "saw this coming" read the books because if you just watched the shows and just the shows there was nothing to shown the audience what was coming. Yes she could be ruthless at times but remember every single time it happened it was an enemy that had tried to kill her or were cruel to innocent people. She wasn't a Joffrey or a Cersei or even that woman from Dorn who had no problem killing innocents. The one time her dragon killed an innocent child she locked up the other two so the leap from liberator to mass murderer just didn't track. Maybe there was a conversation in the books or maybe the dragons ate villagers and she didn't bat an eye but the show never showed us that. They showed us the same ruthlessness that all the good guys showed us through out. Whether it was Ned Stark beheading the guy from the wall Arya killing the Freys or Jon hanging the boy who stabbed him they all showed us they could be ruthless but never cruel

10. Tamstrong

I wasn't talking about the books; I was talking about the show. I know she wasn't at Joffrey or Cersei level, in the beginning at least, but the signs she was heading that direction were there.

11. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. The Dark King

The signs she would murder thousands? Ok if you say so. No one can point to a single scene they just keep saying the signs were there

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

There is no ONE scene. The whole series is one big dark tragedy. Her whole story arc is one tragedy after another, even when she gets a win. They've been telling you the whole of the series how madness runs through the Targayren line, so the logical conclusion for her was she would go mad. Especially since she was always trying to portray herself as "the Breaker of Chains & Wheels" fighting against tyrants. Name one "benevolent" conqueror? There's no such thing.

14. The Dark King

Well that whole theory goes to shit when you consider Jon is also a Targayren and he's been noble to a fault. One could argue to stop the oppression felt by the slaves and the oppressed you have to conquer. She tried to play nice in Mareen and they spit in her face so how could one stop the oppression? And the fact it was her motivation not just getting the iron throne speaks benevolence. She didn't just want the thrown like Stanis or Joffrey because they thought they should rule she was doing it to break the wheel of oppression. I'm giving you clear examples and all I keep getting is the clues were there duh. You people are lazy

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  15. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

The Old King ~ Jaeherys Targaryen was a benevolent conqueror as was Creghan Stark who held the "Hour of the Wolf" when he came to power as Hand to Aegon Targaryen III because Corlys Velaryon the Sea Snake was spared a traitor's execution when he rescued his "bastard" grandson. Creghan dispensed justice according to the old way and then left Kings Landing, returning the massive Northern army back up the Kingsroad to Winterfell and its surrounding Northern keeps.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Did I say the whole Targaryren line was mad? No.

Rhaegar Targaryen himself is an example of a sane & would have been benevolent Targaryen ruler. So what's your point?

17. Tamstrong

It sounds like he's confusing conqueror for ruler.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No, we pay attention to story details and don't project our feelings on to fictional characters or get too invested into fictional worlds. They are entertainment. They aren't lessons about life or how to live it.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You didn't know? It's the same thing.....

20. Tamstrong

Not for those of us who know the difference. :p