Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I wonder if it will mirror the show at all.

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I wonder about that myself.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Smh. That ain't right. lol.

5. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Take it for what it's worth but George said he had an ephipany in 2016 and decided to take a significant detour in the original plot of this series . . . supposedly this detour is why he is taking so long to finish. He said as much to "Entertainment Weekly".

I feel it would be quite anticlimactic to stubbornly stick to Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon in the books whenever "The Winds of Winter" streets . . . next decade?

Why not cover BOTH audiences by going Rhaegar + Lyanna = Visenya (fDaenerys) for the books . . . make all this infuriating and unnecessary delay worthwhile :)

Wouldn't it help explain why Lord Eddard Stark abruptly resigned as King Robert's Hand after assuming an absolutely adamant position of recalcitrance and opposition to his BFF when Robert commanded he assassinate Princess fDaenerys (Ned's niece Visenya)? Remember Ned murdered his beloved daughter's puppy (Lady) who he KNEW was innocent of any wrongdoing on King Robert's command!

Both Ned and Ser Barristan Selmy (who also held a position on the King's Small Council) voiced opposition to this royal command . . . Selmy had even sworn a lifelong vow to defend the Targaryen children . . . an oath which he had utterly failed to fulfill (see the rape & butchery of Princess Elia and her Targaryen babies) . . . nevertheless the honorable Ser Barristan did not vociferously voice opposition to King Robert's royal command then ultimately resign, remove his White Cloak and surrender his sword of office as Lord Eddard did that day did he???

Ned swore a deathbed promise to his beloved sister Lyanna regarded to keep his niece (Visenya) safe from the vengeful Baratheon bloodlust of his BFF Lord Robert!! So he hid her "in plain sight" as fDaenerys with the last vestiges of House Targaryen by entrusting her to the honorable Set Willem Darry at Dragonstone to which he super- sailed from Starfall thanks to Lord Howland Reed's powers.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

That would be one of hell of twist. I still think Arya is gonna attempt to kill Daneyrs for messing with her sister.

7. Young Herschel

It would be out of character at this point of the HBO series if Arya didn't come for Jamie's neck in the next episodes for what he did to Bran right? Major plot plausibility issues if we don't see this adequately expressed. I really feel the living are going to lose tomorrow and fDaenerys will have to make a strategic decision to sound a retreat but it won't be timely enough or maybe she and Sansa bump heads over who even sounds such a retreat and effective forfeiture of Winterfell and the North as they make a desperate dash to the Neck and Grey water Watch of House Reed? The Riverlands and House Frey (Crakehall branch of Rosalind Frey)

I just know they gonna lose tomorrow wherever they decide to flee afterwards is anybody guess . . . Grey worm will lead the Unsullied and hold back the army of the dead for enough time that a number of them can flee

8. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Nearly spit out my drink when I saw this. So wrong on one hand but funny as hell on the other.

When it comes to the books being finshed I have seen some boards suggest 2024 is when we finally get to the end. How different they will be from the show I do not know, but I have also read one of the additional reasons why they did not come out sooner is that HBO did not want them to come out before the end of the series. The ending I think will be pretty much the same bittersweet lots of death people we want to see dead and those we don't. It;s the how we get there will be different and if that is true that could be the reason why HBO would want the books to be held off on. Imagine if the books had come out last year when the show was not on and they were extremely different from the show.

As for the Battle of Winterfell. I was thinking of course it is going to be a loss for the living why have this bad ass enemy that you have been slowly building up for the past 10 years only to kill him and his army and wright dragon so quickly. Then when Yara mentioned that she was going to retake Pyke and Theon was going to Winterfell I was thinking convenient, they will have a place to escape and regroup to so yeah that going to happen. Then the other day I really got to thinking and I said to myself that the battle of Winterfell might just be a big throw off. We know there is a second battle this season most likely episode 5 we know 3 is the battle of Winterfell, 4 will be the aftermath and regrouping and the penultimate episode is usually the big one. Anyway I thought we know the Night King is not some mindless drone he is vert strategic, he is also have the power of sight just like Bran. I was thinking that he has been watching the people south of the wall and how they fight their wars. He would have seen that they tend to over commit and place all their assets in one place while leaving themselves open everywhere else. So my thinking is that the Battle of Winterfell will be between the living and a part of the Army of the Dead. If the Night King was using his sight he would see a force that was preparing for his army with weapons that are effective against them, as well as 2 dragons with riders. We have seen the walkers and the AotD like to surprise their enemies so he could send half to winterfell and still wreck them up and take the other half right past winterfell south into the lands where nobody outside the Red Keep knows he exists and he could decimate the south before turning back to finish off his the others.

Also had a theory that the real key to defeating the Walkers is not in the books in the Citadel but in the cave on Dragonstone. In the cave drawings of the First men and the Children and Bran is the only one that can translate the language.

9. Young Herschel

^ Good points but the show has so diverged from the books that it was inevitable that "Winds" was going to be drastically different if it came out in 2018 as it should have for optimum marketability . . . George is so far behind the show what would it really matter anyway? He was not going to catch up right? Jon still dead . . . Dani taken hostage by the Dothraki . . . George had PLENTY of miles to go before he would catch up and pose any possible threat to HBO which is nearly done overall right? "Winds" will probably end next weekend and then its onto "Dream" for the remainder of the TV series.

10. Tamstrong

by ertacaltinoz

Osha
    [​IMG]

Hodor
    [​IMG]

Talisa Stark
    [​IMG]

Rickon Stark
    [​IMG]

Lysa Arryn
    [​IMG]

Walder Frey
    [​IMG]

Ser Meryn Trant
    [​IMG]

Trystane Martell
    [​IMG]

Myrcella Baratheon
    [​IMG]

Catelyn Stark
    [​IMG]

Leaf
    [​IMG]

Ros
    [​IMG]

Renly Baratheon
    [​IMG]

Tywin Lannister
    [​IMG]

Joffrey Baratheon
    [​IMG]

Ramsay Bolton
    [​IMG]

11. Tamstrong

by ertacaltinoz

Robb Stark
    [​IMG]

Eddard Stark
    [​IMG]

Viserys Targaryen
    [​IMG]

Ser Barristan Selmy
    [​IMG]

Jojoen Reed
    [​IMG]

Oberyn Nymeros Martell
    [​IMG]

The Waif
    [​IMG]

Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun
    [​IMG]

Olly
    [​IMG]

Maester Aemon Targaryen
    [​IMG]

Smalljon Umber
    [​IMG]

Craster
    [​IMG]

Mance Rayder
    [​IMG]

Shae
    [​IMG]

12. Tamstrong

by ertacaltinoz

Summer
    [​IMG]

Khal Drogo
    [​IMG]

Ygritte
    [​IMG]

Areys Targaryen--The Mad King
    [​IMG]

Stannis Baratheon
    [​IMG]

Robert Baratheon
    [​IMG]

Mag Mar Tun Doh Weg
    [​IMG]

Allister Thorne
    [​IMG]

Roose Bolton
    [​IMG]

Maester Luwin
    [​IMG]

Grand Maester Pycelle
    [​IMG]

Rodrik Cassel[​IMG]

Selyse Baratheon
    [​IMG]

Balon Greyjoy
    [​IMG]

Jory Cassel
    [​IMG]

Yoren
    [​IMG]

13. Young Herschel

The ages of these show characters are ALL OVER THE PLACE! For example, in the pilot it is firmly established how old that Sansa is when she approaches the Queen and her mother Lady Catelyn . . . "13 your Grace" she says. Now this is "Winter is coming" S1,E1 so how in the world is she only 14 in S3,E8 "The Second Sons" on her wedding night with Tyrion?
    Bran clearly tells Jamie that he is 10 in the pilot before he is pushed out the window and three episodes later Lady Catelyn confirms it when she has Tyrion seized. Bran is younger then Arya who is clearly younger than Sansa . . .

Maybe I'm too invested in S1-S4 because I still cannot help seeing Arya as a tween lol. For the first time in my life a TV show made me feel uncomfortable
    and old

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The show had to fuddle with the timeline because of the real-world issue of the characters literally growing up in front of the cameras. Also, you have to consider how much the audience could stomach the terrible things happening to the characters on the show if they were supposed to still be super young.

15. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

HBO has uploaded the preview for episode three.

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

From the previews of episode 3 it looked like episode 2 was the calm before the storm.
    I didn't expect Jon to drop that bomb on Daenerys so early. That relationship immediately took a turn. Even though she found out he was also her nephew she was more concerned with him being the heir to the Iron Throne and I don't think that is going to bode well for Jon. Because we all know how Ruthless Dany can be.
    Episode 3 is about to be intense!

17. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

18. glt1980

Episode 2 really picked up the intensity after the slow pace of episode one. So many things happened and you ran the entire gamut of emotions. You also know this episode is the last one where you are going to see many of these characters alive and together. I think you could guess which character all but signed their death warrants.

Goodbye Grey Worm - making plans for after the war big no no.
    Goodbye Theon - volunteered for the most dangerous job and defending Bran would complete his redemption.

The trial of Jamie - A bit of a let down, I mean we knew he would get off, but when Dany was going on and on about what he did to her father I thought for sure he was going to mention exactly why he did it. As for the Starks if you think about it the only Stark that he directly screwed over was Bran and he refused to say anything . Ned was stabbed in the leg by one of Jamie's companions and he prompted punished him, Ned was beheaded on the orders of Joffery, The red wedding was done on the order of Tywin

Watching Jamie and Tyrion after just sit and be brothers again and even joke about what their father would think of them now fight along side of the Starks.

Then later when Brienne, Pod, Torrmund, Davos, joined them and they just sat there drinking and knowing that this is it they know in all likelihood they will not see another day. Torrmund and his giant's milk story pure gold and the look on Brienne's face after Jamie knighted her. Torrmund then applauding. Then the scene ending with Pod singing just brought it to a perfect end.

Speaking of Pod guess we know what he did to ladies that made them give back the money. He sang to them and they started swooning.

Lady Lyanna always a treat her convo with Jorah about how she is not going be sitting in the crypts when she can fight.

Though I did not like the whole grown men being all we are not soliders and all but crying while they slink away and then right after them a little girl is all I aint scared give me a sword and point me to the front lines. Then Brienne being given command of the left flank of the army and having the Knight of the Vale under her direct command. That is just ridiculous come on nothing against her but Yohn Royce a seasoned battlefield commander is there is he agrees to cede his command of the Knight of the Vale to someone who has never fought in an actual battle.

Jorah getting Heartsbane, the only real choice.

Dany we see where her head is. Jon/Aegon drops this huge bomb and the first thing she thinks about is the iron throne. Not hey my brother was not the rapist he was made out to be, not hey we are actually related, it oh so you are the last male targaryen.

About Arya and Gendry, I was a little weirded out at first but got over it. it was not the most uncomfortable scene for me to watch in all the seasons, that was the Sansa/Ramsey wedding night rape scene, I mean we dont see of the physical stuff thank god but you can hear Sansa's screams. I think lots of people still think of Arya as the little tomboy we were introduced to all those years ago. The idea of Arya and sex just does not register to people she been the least sexualized woman on the show. She all of a sudden is eye fucking Gendry and after realizing that it might her last chance she gotta go get her some of that D before its too late. People were thinking Arya our little Arya no it just cant be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

20. glt1980