Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

My mom is kind of cool, she is probably the only black woman in her mid 70's whose favorite movie is Godzilla (I'm not kidding)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

HBO has confirmed the broadcast dates and estimated running times for the final six episodes, which are as follows:

Season 8, Episode 1
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, Episode 2
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, Episode 3
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, Episode 4
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, Episode 5
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:20

Season 8, Episode 6
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:20

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So the last 4 episodes are basically movies. I wonder why they didn't just re-edit them to make more episodes.

4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Bump
    Anyone care to respond??

5. Young Herschel

I like the way you analyzed and comprehend the books . . . I'm in complete agreement that Daenerys Targaryen is Eddard Stark's niece and NOT who she has been raised to believe she is . . . anymore than Eddard Stark's nephew is who he has been raised to believe he is. Eddard Stark took the secret of BOTH babyswaps which he facilitated to the grave!!!

6. Young Herschel

^^ Would any true ASOIAF fans or even casual HBO fans of their adaptation care to voice their viewpoints?

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit much for them to be twins separated at birth. So I guess the Cersei Jamie story comes full circle embodied by another couple?

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Am I the only person who feels the hype for this upcoming final season of GoT isn't the same as was the hype going into season 4?

The season 4 trailers were GOAT-status. I remember I used to watch the season 4 trailers over & over again EVERY NIGHT back in 2014.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I feel just the opposite actually. The minimalist nature of this trailer makes me think there are a lot of "Oh my god!" moments ahead of us, plus when you consider that this season is for all the marbles, I've never been more anxious for a final season of a TV series in my life.

10. Young Herschel

This twin theory doesn't work for me either . . . George Martin isnt George Lucas.

What do you make of my theory that B+A = J makes Jon Ned's nephew via his bold, big brother Brandon Stark while Dani is actually his sister's daughter ~ Visenya?

The House of the Undying chapters and the one immediately subsequent to it from Daenerys served to fuel my view

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

On-screen sisters Maisie Williams & Sophie Turner – Rolling Stone Photoshoot 2019

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

13. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

newest teaser not too much new stuff in it except for a tease of Jon and Arya's reunion.

14. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

All I can picture is that shit-eating grin that Tormund had on his face as if saying: "Me next!!!" while Brienne of Tarth was training Podrick and tossing him around at the same time. He wants her as bad as the Night King wants Cersei Lannister.

16. Young Herschel

17. Young Herschel

^^^ Does anyone have any opinions on the aforementioned theory on Ser Gerold Dayne aka Darkstar?? I'm really curious what the Game of Thrones book fanatics and experts here have to say after using that hyperlink :)

18. Young Herschel

What will everyone be having tonight as they enjoy the S8 premiere?

I'm having Baby back ribs and Jumbo wings! The wings I ordered & got yesterday before they could sell out from the Golden Nugget bar in Camden County, NJ ~ 20 Jumbo Honey Spiced Jerked wings Extra Wet with celery & Bleu Cheese on the side. I'm grilling these Smithfield Extra Meaty BB ribs tonight at 7 as I cleaned the grill yesterday and prepared the ribs Thursday night with McCormick's Sriracha Black Pepper & McCormick's Brazilian Steakhouse seasonings just purchased & opened. I'm using "We're Talkin' Serious" Hot Bone Suckin' Sauce from Whole Foods to finish bar-b-quing them!

After I rinsed the ribs off and blessed the pork with Crisco Canola oil they were good to go and ready to be seasoned and stored in Tupperware for the weekend refrigerator ;)

I'm gonna do them low & slow so maybe I will start at 6

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm going to my brother's place for a viewing party, and I'm told there is going to be pizza and wings, I'm bringing whatever bulk desert (probably cookies) I can find at Costco.

20. Young Herschel

Sounds like a good time Thump. I'm doing a bing re-watch now as I'm on S3, E4 "And now his watch has ended". I'm just going to enjoy S3 and take it slow . . . I was going to skip around until I got to late S7 but I ultimately decided that S1-S4 are just too damn PHAT to scan thru lol. After S5, E2 "The House of Black & White" the quality of Dan & Dave really goes to shit overall (sans "Hardhome")

Damn HBO and what a travesty they made of this glorious literary masterpiece lol ;)