Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

HBO tonight released the official Game of Thrones Season 8 teaser, titled “Crypts of Winterfell".

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I never understood why King Robert was the only one that didn't know jeoffery was a bastard. Maybe I missed something.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Same reason a lot of people with power/status miss simple & obvious shit : Ego.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

They are missing the black ship captain and the original three-eyed raven.

7. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

There were no women in his life that he respected or was close to. I'm sure if he had put his foot down and preserved his relationship with Mya Stone she could have helped him see the light but he allowed Cersi to drive a wedge between them when Mya was once beloved by Young Lord Robert.

8. Young Herschel

I just read a new theory that Dany and Viserys didn't grow up together as previously believed . . . it is pretty persuasive. I was initially skeptical as to how GRRM would have his audience believe that Dany and Viserys got robbed of all their coin and put out the house with the big red door and lemon tree by the domestic servants after Ser Williem Darry died . . . well how in the hell did Viserys have his family heirlooms and his mother's crown and royal jewelry when they were living on the run in Essos?? They had no jobs since they were children and it was stated they lived on the wealth that their mother had passed on via her royal jewelry?? What kind of thieves were the domestic staff if they knew the Targaryens had wealth to steal but didn't take the crown of Queen Rhaella or her jewelry??

It was stated that Prince Viserys didn't grow up poor and victimized because he has never been humbled since he ALWAYS had wealth and never got evicted or anything like Dany described. He had his mother's wealth and her crown because he did NOT live with Dany to get robbed like she did. He also never once spoke High Valyrian in "A Game of Thrones" which is another point of interest I recognized . . . who in the world ever would have taught young Dany her mother tongue?? Even in HBO's version it goes unanswered right??? I assumed it would have had to be her brother Prince Viserys but he communicates with her in the common tongue of Westeros when he wants to be confidential NOT High Valyrian as they travel with the horse lords of the Dorthraki Sea. I'm of the belief that everything that has been presented about Danerys Stormborn is not to be accepted as Bible. Too much of what she remembers about her childhood does NOT add up.

I believe that the true Princess Daenerys died soon after childbirth like so many of her preceding siblings born or stillborn to Queen Rhaella Targaryen (8 of them didn't make it). The way Prince Rhaegar is always mentioned in regards to Dany rather than King Aerys makes me suspect that he fathered her with Lyanna because as a general rule . . . daughters take after their dads. Ned took one look at his niece Visenya Targaryen with her platinum hair and violet eyes and knew he couldn't take her to Winter fell and she looked too Valyrian to pass off as a Crannogman so he couldn't have Howland Reed adopt her either . . . he hid her in plain sight!!

It is CURIOUS that Dragonstone and Starfall are reachable by sea and it is established that magic can facilitate sailing via wind magic ala Euron Greyjoy so it is plausible that Howland used his abilities to quickly get them from Starfall to Dragonstone via wind magic or vice versa!

This woman is not who she has been told she is . . . too many glaring discrepancies about her background and childhood right guys & girls??

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I usually don't read fiction but I'm getting these books. The writing is incredible. I want to know more background, and of course the book would have more detail.

10. Young Herschel

You can also get the audio books from your local library if only by interlibrary loan. Then play it in your car or PS4 and prepare to be blown away!!

11. Young Herschel

I can enthusiastically endorse "The World of Ice & Fire" which is a glorious encyclopedic illustrative masterpiece. You will really enjoy it as a fan of the show but be for warned . . . it will make mad at Dan & Dave of HBO for cheating you by electing to cut out so much enjoyable material.

Don't bother with the Targaryen anthology released last year because it was obviously a money grab by GRRM who mostly cut and pasted the same material from "The World of Ice & Fire" and repackaged it for commercial objectives.

12. SilverSmith

HBO promises to leave viewers wanting more in 2019. Peep the promo.

13. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

GAME OF THRONES Season 8 Official Trailer

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Holy shit can't wait

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The fact that they don't hint at any major scenes makes me believe every episode is going to have a lot of "holy shit!" moments.

Side Note: Between this and Avengers Endgame we are going to be ruined for entertainment for the rest of the year.

16. SilverSmith

Clip on how the dragons are brought into existence via computer-generated imagery.

17. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

If I'm not the last person on earth who has never seen or read the books then I must be awfully close to it

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

You and my mother.

19. SilverSmith

Entertainment Weekly is featuring sixteen new character covers highlighting the show’s top stars. Here's one of the covers.

[​IMG]

20. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

Well I hear she's wicked cool for an older woman so there ;)