Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

No way GoT airs before Summer 2019 . . . no fucking way sadly :(

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It ALWAYS did except one season

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The final season will consist of only six episodes. Yeah, you read that correctly. Six episodes.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  4. Young Herschel

Will we get "The Winds of Winter" this winter??? George RR Martin has tenaciously stated that there will be no release this year so February 1, 2019 would be plausible right? Just send what you have so far to the editors RIGHT NOW!!! Save the rest and remainder for "A Dream of Spring" in 2024 right?? I have no faith in any of these people involved anymore . . . just some unethical & unprofessional motherfuckers :(

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Better get use to the fact that however the Game of Thrones TV series ends, that will be the unofficial end to how the Song of Ice and Fire novels end. George RR Martin's elderly ass is going to be tied up in some way or form in the upcoming prequel series, nevermind that Hulu just announce they are doing 2 series based on his Wild Cards "superhero" anthology book series. Ain't no way he not going to have some hand in those series as well.

Oh...and the Wild Cards anthology is about to hit Volume 27....and he's the official editor and overseer of whatever stories and characters appear in those books. That muthafukka will probably die before those last two SoI&F books ever get finished......

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Theon did suffer more but he did that to himself by being incredibly dumb.

Why did he think it was a good idea to take winterfell with no gaurantee of more men coming to hold the city. Greyjoys are islanders and winterfell is hundreds of miles from sea.
    To top it off this guy really thought his 20 men would go against 500 .....lol

Ramsay even rescued him and brought him back to the torture chamber......LMAO

Oops almost forgot that dumbass killed those valuable Stark boys. Again incredibly stupid.

How can you feel sorry for someone so dumb? Especially when he is a backstabber Lol. I found it hysterical.

*I avoided this thread till I got caught up but the show is So good this thread is still enjoyable*

7. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

HBO has dropped the first Game of Thrones Season 8 teaser, titled “Dragonstone,”

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Truly one of the best shows I binged watch since Stranger Things. Can't wait for the final season.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I actually prefer to watch good shows that way. They can tease all they want. I won't watch until it's done.

10. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

11. Young Herschel

I'm all about alternative as in outside the mainstream ASOIAF theories. Who else understands that George Rob Roy Martin is an undisputed liar??

I hold the books as BIBLE not the HBO adaptation.

As a general rule, daughters take after their dads. In this case, Visenya was born with Platinum hair and Violet eyes which she inherited from Rhaegar. I'm going hold onto my belief that R plus L equals J is Dan & Dave's misplaced interpretation and leave it at that lol.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Dear Lord I would be literally pissed

13. Tamstrong

Yeah, me too. The old fart better not die before he gets the rest of the series written. I'd be even more pissed off then.

14. Young Herschel

I just heard that Stranger Things #3 will debut July 4!! I'm hoping GoT doesn't get pushed back unexpectedly?

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I don't understand why he just doesn't get writers who work on his Wildcards Anthology series to write the chapters for the last two books. The ASoI&F novels are all written in chapters from various character POVs and the Wildcards Anthologies are written in a similar manner, especially when there's a larger connecting story being told. All he needs to do is write out the overall plot for the final books and choose writers he feels are best to tell the remaining story to write it. He can/could write what he deems "key" chapters himself and as editor have chapter writers correct any story points he feels aren't in the spirit of what he's been trying to establish in the novels.

He can't claim trying to be "authentic to his vision" for these last two novels when he's already allowing others to tell his story in another media outside the novels that's also presenting an ending to the saga that he hasn't officially written yet.

16. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

I think you might have some of your characters mixed up here. Visenya was the the sister wife of Aegon the Conquer. Now if going back to your theory of of daughters taking after their fathers that is not really all that true, Rhaegar did have a daughter with his wife Elia who was dornish and their daughter favored the dornish look more so than the targaryen look, dark hair and brownish skin. The R+L = J is is so simple and such a popular theory people think nah it cant be that easy given all the twist and turns in the story. I had a theory I floated back awhile on the ice and fire forums that two kids were born in the tower of joy that day a boy and a girl, Ned took the boy as he had Stark features and could easily be passed off as a Stark and the girl who had the signature violet eyes of a Targaryen was secretly sent to Dragonstone to live with her family there. I always suspected that the reason that Ned was so adamant about not killing Danaerys was that she was not Aerys daughter but Lyanna's.

As for the whole it was all a dream, I dont think GRRM is that crazy unless he has already written the last books and left instruction for them not to be released until he dies because if after all this time and investment in the stories and everything else for to all have been a dream somebody would probably kill him.

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

He would have to go into hiding. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Tamstrong

Yeah, that would be the best way to go at this point, especially since he's done that with the show. Since he can't make that claim, maybe it's an ego thing. Whatever it is, he needs to get it done. I'm tired of waiting. It's taking so long, I may have to do another round of re-reads to remember everything. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Young Herschel

When one reads "A Game of Thrones" it is very persuasive evidence that "A Song of Ice & Fire" refers to Eddard Stark's nephew & niece: Jon Stark & Visenya Targaryen. He is too tenacious in his desire to convince King Robert not to kill his sister's daughter if anyone doubts me just pull the book out and re-read that chapter . . . he made a deathbed promise to his sister that he would protect his niece from Robert!!

I believe he either entrusted Visenya to Sir Willem Darry (Targaryen Master at Arms) or Lady Ashara Dayne (his nephew's mother with his big brother Brandon Stark who conceived Jon in the Black Cells of the Red Keep on the eve of his inevitable execution . . . . a last meal of sorts courtesy of Rugen aka Lord Varys who knew Brandon was cheating on Lady Catelyn thanks to his little birds at the great tourney of Harrenhall.

Varys likes to collect invaluable allies for future plots . . . he knew helping Lady Ashara would be beneficial as she was the most adored and desired high born Lady in all of Westeros plus she sat the right hand of Princess Elia of Dorne as a lady-in-waiting and BFF.

Sounds farfetched?? Well we know Lord Varys served the Mad King so he was there to play the Game of Thrones and we know GRRM was influenced by other literary works of medieval fantasy & fiction . . . "A Game of Thrones" was written in the 1990's how convenient that "Pillars of the Earth" was written in the 1980's hmm??? How was the protagonist conceived??? Jack the Builder meet Jon the Steward lol. I cannot make this stuff up guys.

Re-read the House of the Undying chapters of "A Clash of Kings" to understand why "Daenerys" is called the "slayer of lies"!! R+L=V and B+A=J as in Ned Stark's niece and nephew are fire and ice respectively

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  20. Young Herschel

Bump for any A Song of Ice & Fire enthusiasts who would like to challenge or champion alternative theories like the Golden Company would sail to support Martell monarch in the convenient view he is less Targaryen than Viserys ever was . . . so it's NOW or NEVER to return to Westeros after all. Lord Varys wants Aegon on the Iron Throne and Homeless Harry can rally the men to put a Martell there if it is the last best chance!!

Varys got in good with Princess Elia when he tried to rescue Brandon Stark for her BFF Lady Ashara but . . . just like with his younger brother Ned . . . Varys cannot bring himself to do it ( when you look at me do you see a hero?). He compromised and sneaks Lady Ashara into the Black Cells under his alias Rugen the Dungeon Master (remember his talks with Ned Stark in disguise while he was chained to the wall awaiting execution? That was what his older brother looked like 17 years prior when Lady Ashara gave him his "last meal" courtesy of Rugen/Varys).

Jon Snow was conceived that night in the Black Cells of the Red Keep and Princess Elia was impressed by the efforts Lord Varys put forth to aid her Lady-in-Waiting. Varys gained an invaluable ally in Elia Martell who would later entrust her infant Prince Argon to him in a last ditch act of desperation as Kings Landing was in a perilous position . . Varys may have wanted to save them all but too many people draws too much attention as it is far easier to swap a baby as Jon did with Gilly & Craster's son :)