Happy childhood memories

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Unique4ever, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Raudi

Raudi Member

2. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

My Mom's nightmare, but I LOVED it!!! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

^^^^I had SLIME!!! That stuff was fun!

Yesss!! I loved Thundercats!!

And...I was all about She-Ra...

[​IMG]

And...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

5. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

No pics for my memories....

* Speeding down hills, helmetless and hands free
    * neighbour battles where neighbours chose sides and attacked each other. I remember my little brother being captured by next door, tied to their trampoline and them trying to stretch him. Building huge slingshots in our front yard to fire at our enemy. Man we were brutal.
    * leaving the house in the morning and not returning until dusk
    * running under sprinklers on a hot summers day
    * jumping from the roof into the swimming pool
    * building forts and treehouses

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

this I would never do. too dangerous. with that, I saw a kid do a back flip off of the top of the roof onto the ground. even more dangerous.

7. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

It didn't feel dangerous at the time. We were a wild bunch and had no fear. The scares on my body attest to that

8. RaiderLL

Never did the roof to pool thing but my brother and cousins used to jump from the top of the second story banister onto the living room couch ... then they moved the trampoline inside and jumped from the second story onto that lol. Awesomeness in action. I was always too much of a wuss to try it :)

9. Raudi

Raudi Member

[YOUTUBE]/4xRv9ZQOCPo[/YOUTUBE]

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I still remember it like it was yesterday. My dad opening the trunk of his car and pulling this box out. I was so excited, I may or may not have pissed myself a little. Till this day that was one of my singular happiest moments.

[​IMG]

11. Stinkmeaner

Stinkmeaner New Member

12. RaiderLL

:smt043

What an awesome memory!! I don't remember getting mine, I just remember having it. And I remember feeling like a complete badass holding that huge plastic gun playing Duck Hunt lol.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Slip n Slide

[​IMG][​IMG]

I loved my slip n slide. Before you set it up you just had to make sure no rocks or glass was on the ground, that would make for a bad day.

14. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

15. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

16. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

Remember when there were cartoons on network TV on Saturday morning?

[YOUTUBE]0vI0UcUxzrQ[/YOUTUBE]

17. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

Along with those cartoons came PSA. This one is still an earworm 25 years later.

[YOUTUBE]9utLOSBzCiw[/YOUTUBE]

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Ah. The old video arcade. I feel that the arcade games then were more fun and easier than the home consoles of today. You can buy these machines, too. The only trick is to find a reputable dealer.

Speed Racer(Mach Go-Go in Japan). One of the first Japanese animated cartoons I had seen when I was little, then came Marine Boy(also made by Tatsunoko, the company who made Speed Racer).