Good wishes in bad times

Discussion in 'Welcome Center and Announcements' started by christine dubois, Mar 29, 2020.

1. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Some of you will remember me- others don't know me and some forgot me.
    But for ALL, I can just wish that you and your beloved ones will survive this cruel and tearful period of time.
    Stay at home and try to unite your country- you'll need each other very much.
    Warm regards Christine

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for thinking of us, Christine. It's good to hear from you again. Much love to you, and I wish the same for the health & safety for you, your loved ones, and your country as well.

3. christine dubois

Well. I've been sick myself and lost some of my friends.They couldn't survive the virus. I am located just some kms from the french hotstop, you always watched on TV. I was popping up, because it was to see that the US isn't prepared at all and I was worrying. I know, the topic is sensitive, US is devided- fighting for left and right, red or blue. As soon as you are afraid to pick up your phone, because you don't want to listen to any bad news anymore- everything becomes relative. Small battles, for nothing.

4. Tamstrong

I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick and for your losses. *hugs* I'm praying for your recovery. It's a scary mess over here, and it's getting worse every day. The division here doesn't help a damn thing, and it makes people lose sight of what's important. Small battles for nothing indeed, because nobody truly wins.

5. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss & i hope nothing but the best for you and your family.

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I remember you from the old days on here. Condolences for your loss. Please stay healthy and keep safe <3

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Filya and hugs to you Christine!!
    So, so miss you! Class beyond. Hope you're feeling better lovely. Keep us updated! <3

8. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Hi Christine! So sorry for your loss. I hope you are feeling much better. It’s an awful time we are going through. Take care!

9. christine dubois

Thanks to all of you! Much appreciated, but I was worrying more about you people. I hope you take it seriously.

10. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your well wishes. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I truly feel for people as this is very real and scary. I live in a hotspot near to Washington, DC, and I'm doing my part at this difficult time. My mom still lives in NYC, and while she's hunkered down indoors... I am still concerned. Taking it one day at a time, and hoping for the best for everyone.

11. Madeleine

Taking it very seriously. Been under lockdown for a months in Switzerland. Thankfully we have passed the peak and hospitals aren’t overloaded yet. Though they say maybe we’ll have a two-peaks-curve, but who knows. Hope France and US get past the worst of it soon. Get well soon!

12. christine dubois

My Mom is on lockdown, too. I am very scared about her. as you are about your Mom

13. christine dubois

Madeleine, in which Kanton are you located? I live in Basel city- on Isolation since 6 weeks.

14. K

K Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss and that you have been sick as well. Hope you are well now!

Unfortunately, many are not taking it as seriously as should. I think some don't realize in different areas that the worst may still be coming given we are a couple of weeks behind NY.

15. Tamstrong

I'm definitely taking it seriously, but it's totally frustrating that so many are not. We have a few confirmed cases here, but we haven't really been hit yet. I dread it, and, truth be told, I'm scared of what's coming. Not just for myself and my loved ones, but everyone else, too.

16. Madeleine

Really??! So do you speak French or German?
    We live in NW, but my husband works in BL (in the hospital), so he’s up close with what’s going on there.

I just heard they are considering ending the quarantine after April 26-I wonder if it isn’t too early.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  17. christine dubois

Some areas won't be hit that strong- at least they have a good chance to prepare . The biggest problem is, if you lose the control and the hospitals are overwhelmed. Hope the best for your region!

18. christine dubois

Yeah Tamy- there is a certain percentage of people everywhere that don't get it. The only thing I can advice is to take yourself and your loved ones out of the society, as much as possible. Just yesterday I got the info that another one is on ventilator, 52 years old. If people don't want to be careful, some will experience harsh consequences- this one was one of them. The problem is just that this guy infected two others and they travelled already to their families and the chain goes on and on....

19. christine dubois

I speak German. If you look at the curve- it's much too early. But Austria started to open and the other European countries feel the pressure. Germany won't open that soon, even though their curve and prognose is nearly the same. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Well, whatever they do- I'll stay home as much as possible, till the antibodytests are accurate and available

20. Madeleine

By all means stay at home as much as you can! If they decide to reopen schools I won’t have a choice but to send the kids there.
    The whole antibody test idea is nice but I think they still need to look into that because in Asia there are reports of people getting infected with Corona twice.