"Good guy with a gun" murdered by police after saving lives.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Frederick, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

#JemelRoberson

Security guard singlehandedly prevents mass murder, runs off several suspects, detains the shooter for the police, and is then shot on sight when the cops arrive because he was holding a gun (which he was licensed to carry) on a dude who just shot the bar up.

Brother was wearing a shirt that said "security" and the bar patrons were yelling at the cops that he has the security guard, but they still fucking killed him.

Oh, and just like in the Philando Castile case, the NRA is nowhere to be found on this.

I know how to use a gun, but shit like this is why I'm weary of carrying in public.

I also remember a story from a while back where a brother was attacked by a bunch of people in a Walmart because one of them saw his holstered firearm through his coat when he was walking into the store.

Any of you brothers who have CCW permits need to be careful.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Unless a white person is your friend or significant other, just get outta there and let them have at it. Same as sick passenger on an airplane, they call for a doctor. A black female doc steps up, but the flight attendants don't believe she's a doctor. Sad biz, but just step back and let nature take its course. Whitey is on his own in 2018

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Its an awful way to look at the world but seriously what else can you do?

4. Frederick

Yeah, RE CCW permits, I support black people carrying for protection, but any brother who thinks that he can be a good samaritan vigilante and intervene in a crime that doesn't involve him is just crazy. You're liable to get shot not only by the police but also other armed civilians.

There are plenty of stories about black undercover or off-duty cops getting beaten and shot by police officers while trying to assist in an investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/24/black-st-louis-police-officer-shot-white-colleague

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...ver-he-and-his-son-being-beaten-by-other-cops

5. The Dark King

Exactly. Black people can never be heroes in a country that makes you a villain by default. The best you can hope for is to be not the suspect that's it. Heroes can only be straight white men. Think about it when have you ever heard of a black or Hispanic Sully? Ever see pics of female first responders after a tragedy? Shit don't exist.

6. MixedCalifornian

MixedCalifornian Active Member

I"ve always told white liberals. "If you want to see gun control just encourage blacks, hispanics or people from the Middle East to start embracing their 2nd ammendment rights."
    I have to point out in this scenario he was a bouncer and did his job! This isn't a case of bneing a vigilante or a good samaritan.

7. RicardoCooper

True but when guns come out it's time to go AWOL

8. The Dark King

Lets also keep in mind even after a white guy murders a shit ton people they always seem to find a way to take them in alive. How are we suppose to see this other than a straight up attack

9. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

This. I ain't helping out any non blacks unless I know them. I dont care to be a hero.

10. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yeah they do! How about that fella who did the church shooting in Charleston, SC even got fed some Burger King as he was being taken into custody.

11. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Gotta keep our white extremists and terrorists well fed

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. RicardoCooper

13. Frederick

No doubt, but I was just citing this incident as an example of why it's stupid for brothers to try to play superhero on the streets.

Here's further evidence to buttress that point. This is a link to a video of NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch blaming Roberson for detaining the shooter by holding him down instead of training his gun on him from a distance as if that would have made some kind of difference to the cop who shot him.

https://twitter.com/timothywjohnson/status/1063506458585833472

Like I've said plenty of times, I support black people who are responsible, legal gun owners, but we need to be aware that the gun culture in the US isn't meant to include us.

14. Frederick

It happened AGAIN in Alabama on Thanksgiving day.

Some fucking imbecile decided to start shooting up a mall after a fight broke out. A young brother who's active duty Army pulled his personal weapon and tried to intervene, and the cops shot him in the face. Then they held a press conference and ran his picture all over the news for a day claiming that he was the shooter. They're now admitting that the actual shooter escaped from the mall and is still at large.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ers-body-shot-dead-cops-gunning-children.html

Sorry, I know that DM is a shit source, but the media hasn't really caught on to this story. The only people who are really talking about it right now are Shaun King and TYT. Local Alabama media isn't stating the obvious about what happened even though the cops are now admitting they fucked up.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Of course. Can serve your country and exercise your rights in this damn country. Motherfuckers dont fully believe in that "we should all have gun to stop incidents like this" shit.

And fuck the daily mail. First pic they have is him with his Patrol Cap on backwards, next to his dead body. It send the message that he liked to fuck of in the army. There are plenty of military, especially older military that would tear his ass apart for thar. If it was any other race they would have had his basic training photo or them working in the motor pool or getting an award or some shit. And the little slick way where they phonetically spell out shit when quoting black folks. "Thang". Really though.

16. Frederick

That's the one that al.com and the Alabama media was running with when they were claiming that he was the shooter too.

Anyway, the story is getting picked up and reported properly by other outlets now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/24/us/alabama-mall-shooting.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ing-suspect-emantic-ej-bradford-jr?CMP=twt_gu

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...y-cop-in-alabama-mall-shooting?rnd=1543103405