Ghetto Ass Names

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by satyr, Oct 7, 2012.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

In the crazy name category, I just had to include this find: Latravious Betrayl Antarrius Brown (Source: http://spacecoastdaily.com/2017/01/...ary-7-2017-sponsored-by-ammediate-bail-bonds/)

I didn't think slavery was an 'Arab' creation per se, just that Islam was introduced into Africa by slave traders as much as or more so than via peace and trade. It wasn't intended as a statement to single out Muslims, but rather to point out that holders of all faiths preyed on Africa for bodies and resources, including some of its own corrupt rulers. In my view no faith can have a serious claim to any "righteousness" in its dealings with Africa and Africans. I understand Arab is a cultural, not a racial, designation. Arabs of all races were just as rapacious in Africa as Europeans. If you don't think so, take a look at their history in North Africa and their repression of the Berber and Tuareg people culturally and linguistically. And, I agree with you that there are some European names that mean nothing other than the name, but at least that's a meaning. The arbitrary mixing of consonants, punctuation and vowels is what gets under my skin. I mean, there are many great names to choose from, in a variety of cultural or religious backgrounds. Take the name above, for example. If you like the Latin sound of certain names, choose Julius, Octavius, Augustus, anything. But Latravious? Come on...lol,

I always think of an Arab or Persian woman.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Bryce Dallas Howard got her name because that's where she was conceived, in Dallas

True story

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Wrote this a little over a year ago. Still relevant