Ghetto Ass Names

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by satyr, Oct 7, 2012.

1. satyr

satyr New Member

Come clean, is your first name any of following or something similar?

LaDaveon
    Jujuan
    Tywaun
    JaVale
    Quantrell
    Jermayne

If so, how do you feel about having a ghetto ass name?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. mama

mama Well-Known Member

My daughter has a friend from school named Jharmayne. Similar to Jermayne, so i guess it's pretty ghetto.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Shakita is the first name that comes to mind, just awful lol. I did know quite a few ghetto names once upon of time, but this is the only one I can think of now. My life must be going in the right direction :D An interesting subject could be why do a lot black folk make up names. Names are actually supposed to have meaning, so why make one up?

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Anything with an Isha or Qua at the end

5. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Do your thing fanisha

6. mama

mama Well-Known Member

LOL.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No doubt Alectroqua lol

8. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Only black people arent allowed to make up names... your oppressors have taught you well.

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

All names are invented, like northside said.
    And when you diss someone's name, you're making fun of their parents since I don't know too many infants who signed their own birth certificate.

I give you the most powerful ghetto names of alltime.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

So? And all names were invented at some point in time, but some just sound retarded like the parent was trying to be TOO creative. Yeah, there may be only one chick on the planet named LaThousandIslandDressing, but it sounds just as ghetto as Quantrell(HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!) Of course, ghetto names don't mean ghetto personality.

And I know damn well there are parents out who need their asses beat for naming their kids whatever. I knew a dude named Al Capone. First name, Al Capone.

All these parents are doing is making it that much harder for their kids. You can be the smartest mofo in the world, but when someone hears that name, they're gonna judge like a muthafucka.

Also, Oprah doesn't sound ghetto to me.

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Tell me the next time you meet a chick named 'Oprah'.lol
    That is the ghetto-ist name out here.:smt026

SOunds like here parents were trying to name her Okra but didn't know how to spell it.

12. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

LaDaveon
    Jujuan
    Tywaun
    JaVale
    Quantrell
    Jermayne

Nah...

13. luvattractivewomen

luvattractivewomen New Member

Oprah is Ophrah in hebrew. It was made up at some point, but that was at least a thousand years ago. As far as ghetto names go I always found Boomqueesha to be funny.

14. mama

mama Well-Known Member

Boomqueesha? lol.

15. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

16. satyr

satyr New Member

I can live with that.

17. saintaugusta

saintaugusta New Member

The worst white trash name is "Chasity" (spelled incorrectly of course) - also 9 times out of ten the girl grows up to be a stripper. That and Destiny - child is always doomed to failure.

18. justmel

justmel New Member

Exactly, when I volunteered in the hospital, people of all colors would pick some messed up names..Like L'agina..seriously a white girl.

For me, names after cars and places make me wonder if they were conceived there. Celica, Mercedes, even Brooklyn..Tyler etc. Then the stars naming their kids after fruit, Apple, really?

19. TB1958

TB1958 Active Member

The thing is, some studies have shown that job candidates with with those types of names,have a disadvantage when competing with those who have more conventional names.

Of course, it depends on what kind you job you're talking about, but given the inherent racism of much of corporate America, when you give your child one of those names, there is a decent chance you are limiting their opportunities in the job market. They may get a good job, but they will not be considered by as many employers as they should.

20. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

My first child's name is completely made up and has absolutely no meaning in the language we thought it did.
    It is now commonly believed that it is a mispronunciation of the Cherokee name for the kanas river.

Chens is so thrilled she can't contain it.

Ghetto names..I know I used to know a few that made me feel really bad for the child. My ex husbands niece will forever hate her grand mother bc NO one will ever pronounce her name right on the first try and it's highly doubtful even after she corrects them.

My ex SIL sons name is D'shaye. And we don't even have traditional ghettos here.

I never allowed that demon to have any say in the naming of our kids.
    For very good reason.