George H. W. Bush has died

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

And then there were 4 (living ex-presidents)

The 41st president of the United States has passed away at 94.

For all the stuff he did that I didn't believe in, I still think he did what he thought was best for the country.

2. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

3. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I feared Trump would do something nasty during is funeral.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

It's a measure of how far Trump has moved the boundaries that people miss Bush, despite his CIA background, brutal record in the developing world, being a central figure in Iran Contra and several other significant US interventions opposed by the people of the countries involved, etc. Despite my total opposition to his policies, we are diminished by any loss of life. R.I.P.

5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

They don't teach history, civics or context anymore so Murcans have goldfish memories. Politically you can sell them anything

Bush 41 was no more a criminal than any Murcan president IMO, so no need to clutch pearls and hyperventilate over the man, is my opinion

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

True. Much of the interventionist work he supported was also supported by Clinton, Bush 43 and Obama as well.

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

It's so easy with him. He clearly was out of his element and seemingly clueless on how to act and so on. if he didn't work overtime at driving unnecessary hateful wedges between himself and others... perhaps, he wouldn't have been so obviously awkward.

8. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Exactly.

9. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

He was president when the US invaded Iraq.
    We are still suffering the consequences today.
    But Saudi Arabia and Turkey are considered friends !

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

His son W really invaded Iraq. His dad let Sadam in power.