Gemma Atkinson

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by malikom, Feb 7, 2008.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

read this shit

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...d-beau-shocking-photos-and-winehouses-denial/

hell with Winehouse..

I couldn't care any less, if she didn't do black, lol...

I ain't that desperate for some white broad

2. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

If you think the anti-black male whitewashing is bad now, just wait.

"Step up 2 the Streets" is about to drop. When I saw the trailer for this bullshit I nearly choked on my popcorn. The theater was full of black folks and the reaction was mostly nonchalant. No one noticed any irony and some seemed interested in shelling out 9.50 for a ticket.

If you ask black people about the term "whitewashing" (assuming they are familiar with the term) they have no problem acknowledging it as a stain in our musical history. They understand when a song like "Tooty Fruity" (a Little Richard song) becomes a hit for Pat Boone even though his version basically sucked all the soul and energy from the song, somethings not right. What most black people DO NOT get however is that whitewashing is back "new and improved" and happening right in front of them TODAY. This is why it will continue, and part of the credit has to do with the method of whitewashing.

To compare the way whitewashing was done historically to the way it's done today is like comparing a Model-T Ford to a Brand New 2008 Lexus. There is just no contest. The new way is much, much more effective. Because the old way was very obvious and not easily defended. The new way is just as obvious to me, but it's thinly cloaked in a veil of "diversity" (MTV is a good example of this.) At a quick glance, television movies and music appears completely colorblind. It appears that people of all races and colors are doing their thing and black men are near the top of the heap with guys like Will Smith and Denzel. It's all bullshit. This illusion comes completely undone when you pay closer attention to the patterns that repeat themselves throughout our media.

3. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Yeah what was that all about, I could barely understand her......For real.

4. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. I hate Heigl. You don't think it's because Pompeo married IR do you?

5. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Must of had been a lot black folks not from the hood, because hood brothas especially where Im from talk bad about that movie. But not that
    some hood folks are brainwashed as well, which is said and gets clowned anyway.

But you right about the whitewashing with that movie, because it is a white hip hop romance movie with an all black soundtrack. Proof Proof Proof right infront of our faces.

I never wanted another save the last dance version to come out more.
    I can't wait until that hilary duff IR flick, even though I probably won't like it but anything to at least try to throw off this whitewash.

6. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Winehouse's talent and critically lauded debut album brought the media attention to her. She wasn't some groomed pop-star who got older and then began to be taken seriously as an artist. And even the media attention Whinehouse got plaes in comparison to the the hype thrown the teen popstars/former Mickey Mouse club members.

Joss Stone got hype because of her looks and her voice but she has yet to prove she is a great artist. She has plenty of time though. But neither her nor Amy is stuffed down urban radio's throat as Timberlake or especially Robin Thicke. If a black male country singer came along and was spectacularly talented do you think he is going to get a huge media and promotion push that's greater than the established or new white male singers? You know the answer to that. Thicke and to a lesser extent Timberlake are talented but is the "avortism" shown them that irks me. To Thicke's credit he has commented on stuff like this and realizes that race has played a role to an extent in the attention he gets.

7. JamalSpunky

Pompeo is still the top female star. But many fans have been down on her from day one, even before they learned who her boyfriend was.

Hell, I really don't watch that show anymore anyway. I just wished one of you guys watched a quality show like "The Wire" so I could have a conversation about that.

8. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Not all of hollywood is racist like that, which is why they get some publicity, but the ones who are hyping Hiegl all like that are definetly are.

For instance, don't remember which magazine it was maybe someone could help me out, but they put a picture of Hiegl on the front cover when she got married, but when Pompeo got married she was an add on on the front page or she didn't get nothing at all. That is how they usually do it.

Same thing when Heidi Klum got married and Britney got married in the same year. Britney got the Front page and Klum was an add on with a small picture.

I'll say it again....PROOF RIGHT INFRONT OF OUR FACES.

9. JamalSpunky

Two more things:

1) Some of you are way too concerned about Step Up 2. Taht isn't the type of movie to care about and its not going to be that big of a hit (if a hit at all). And frankly I'm not envious at all when white folks get the roles in crappy films like that. I'm simply happy that I don't have to worry about another black dance film being on the prowl.

2)This conversation should really move to another thread. This thread should be focused on Gemma.

10. malikom

malikom Banned

The only white male r&b artist i respect is robin thicke,thats it.I honeslty cant see the hype over justin timberlake.Most of his fans are white women,though.Whats funny is that alot of his fans dont even really listen to r&b,unless its sung by a blue eyed white boy like timberlake.

11. malikom

malikom Banned

There is no reason why a white artist that does black music,should appeal to more than a black himself.You're right.If there was a black country singer that was better than lets say ..garth brooks,he still wouldnt get the recognition he deserves.

12. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Unfortunately.

It's all about the image.

13. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

I'll add my two cents...it's shit like this that pisses me off. After reading this thread, I'm even more determined to start my production company (in which I'll bring back the Black Male Action Hero). Many black actors out there these days are content with being Steppin Fetchit while others as previously mentioned are being shafted in WM controlled media. I also plan on setting up a talent pool of Black Male singers (NOT rapers) who can appeal to WW, AW and HW. I don't have the looks to be one myself, but I'll do all I can to bring back the BM sex symbol who can kick ass and get ass.

14. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

There is a simple reason for all of this....and you don't need to look any further than the title of this website; WHITEWOMENBLACKMEN.

The "man's" greatest fear is seeing his woman love, care for and reproduce for...a black man. By her reproducing little black (albeit mixed) boys...the black man spreads his genes...and consequently...the white man is unable to spread his....(I know it sounds crazy....that's because it is....and individual WM may not feel this way....but the actions of the collective indicate that this is the truth)

The attempts to make black men look childish during slavery.....we were little harmless boys (think Sambo and Rastus...relaxing in a watermelon patch). Later...when we posed an economic threat...our towns were burned to the ground...banks, grocery stores, churches etc...and many BM were lynched as well...(think Rosewood, Fla or Tulsa, OK's "black wall-street)....black men were then turned into sexual deviants that posed a threat to white womanhood....(D.W. Griffith's 'Birth of a Nation' film in 1915).

"The man" wants to control both WW's and BM's sexuality....WW and BM can engage each other whenever they want as long as WM control the conditions...i.e., Cuckholding etc....instead of trying to prevent WW & BM from coming together at all costs....."The man" is content with this alternative

The idea was never really to control BW, AW, AM, LW or LM....they are on the sidelines though they don't realize it.....the real game is a three way chess match (if that were possible)...between WW, BM and WM....question is....who will be checkmated first?

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

yeah really..

it's always been a black/white thing...

I think this is because black people..black men more specifically...have been the most arrogant, stubborn, resilient bastards on the face of this earth..

lol..

come on...hundreds of years of slavery, dying, whatever.. we still had the balls to protest, hold marches, demand our people be freed from chains, demand equality...

all of this in the White man's country...while every other race out there, sat on the sidelines, or simply rode shotgun, coming into this country en masse and reaping the benefits that our brothas fought and died for...

brothas like King, X, Douglas...even Farakhan's crazy militant ass...

if farakhan did anything.. he empowered black people..gave us strength to fight the power... I used to be called the N word weekly, going to an all white school growing up in philly, by people that didn't even know me.... watching Louis angered me enough to keep me going through all the dumbshit...honestly...say what you want about the man..

Now that i'm older.. i can think for myself.. and not necessarily agree with all of his stances..but like I said... He gave us power when being black in itself, was like one of the worst things to be in this country..

If the Man hates us...it's partially because of the things above... and it's also about the fact that some brothas, during many time periods, still mixed it up with their women..

so... we butted heads with the white man's stupid views, and we slept with his women to boot...

no wonder we're hated.. lol

:wink:

16. malikom

malikom Banned

Damn dude,ive never been called the N word to my face by a white guy (that i recall).When were you getting called the n word?Was it back in the day? lol

Yeah,i agree on how its always been a white male vs black male thing.I laugh at immigrant groups tha think they can come here and be racist towards blacks,yet if it wasnt for us they would still be licking the white mans boot (not that they still do it right now);it would have been way worse if we didnt rise up.

Anyway,we all know that white men are intimidated by black dudes.Sexually,physically,etc.Only thing whites seem to have on alot of blacks,is brains....and that matters in the end.I guess thats why they say that an educated black man is americas threat....
    Reminds me backi n the day when "uppity negroes" were a threat to alot of white folks.Same thing goes on today.When you take "intelligence" out of the equation,white males feel insecure when compared to black men.This is a fact.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Growing up, I was called nig**r by white girls and boys.. I went to a pretty much all white grade school, and caught so much flak just for being the wrong skin color. They made fun of my big lips, nappy hair, all day, every week. Towards the 7th grade, "most" of the racism stopped..but people still said I looked like a monkey... By 8th grade, I stopped hearing racists remarks alltogether..

I guess the teachers finally got through to them... believe me.. I used to tell the teachers all the time, about kids calling me that..

I also experienced black on black racism, during the grade school period, for the first time...where the darkest guy in the grade, would be teased by other blacks...who were being teased by whites... see the pattern there?

very interesting..

I never held any grudges towards white people tho..because they weren't all that twisted, for no apparent reason

but as I said before... I loved watching Farakhan, because growing up was no joke... I used to live in fear because I was black, seriously..

watching angry, vocal guys like that, helped get me through those times where I just felt like shit for being a black kid..

I also liked watching sharpton and jesse...

Until you been called that word..and felt unsafe because of your skin color, you just won't appreciate what those guys done and do for us..

late edit - I never been in a situation where I was lynched..but I do recall a "fight" song, some racist white girl used to say to me when a black guy got into a fight, with a white guy..

"Fight, Fight! A ni**er and a white. If the white don't win, we all jump in!"

Imagine hearing shit like that growing up...

fuking rediculous..

okay, end of thread hijack/victim mode

:)

18. malikom

malikom Banned

cot damn dude,how old are you? lol.When did you attend school?This sounds like some 60's shit lol.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i'm only 26...

so tell anyone who says that if you aren't XX age, you never been through racism, to fuk off

seriously..

i'm not talkin about 1960s...i'm talking about 1990s...

20. malikom

malikom Banned

One thing i noticed through in high school and college,is that there may not be alot of blacks,but they make themselves known and seen.Usually blacks are seen as the "cool" thing and everyone pretty much respects them.Dudes have also been intimidated by blacks and dont usually start shit with them,they are scared.
    U'd think that a black guy in an all white school,that the black guy would be seen as "cool" and all types of pussy would be thrown his way.I know this is what goes down today.In college,if you are black,there is a pretty good chance you will get laid more than the rest of the other guys.Ull get laid even more if you are popular(athlete on football team,basketball team,etc)