Gemma Atkinson

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by malikom, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Homeboy has a good catch. :)

2. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

:smt023

3. malikom

malikom Banned

Yeah but if you think about it,the only time a black man is a hero in a movie,is if its an a list movie star (ex: will smith,denzel,etc).You wont see new actors or no-name actors(like you do with whites) in those types of movies.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

mekhi pfeifer (spelling) from "O"

he was the stereotypical brotha who was good at ball.. but he still portrayed a star in the movie.. he didn't cure cancer, but he did win games, and they loved him for it.. hell, martin sheen had a hard-on for him... then Mekhi starts drawlin' about his girl and starts killin' peeps...hmm.. ok... maybe not a good example...

Finding Forrester... the black guy whos name I do not know, portrayed a very intelligent and aspiring student athlete, who was good at sports (basketball, go fuking figure that one out) AND academics...very atypical portrayal of a black kid...also had some IR in it...

I'll add more movies as I think of them

5. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Yeah if you take just the short of time out to really look it will hit you just like that, because it is obvious, but we look past it. They do everything they can to keep the sex appeal & beauty of black men underground.
    Just look at "The Bachelor", "Peoples' magazine sexiest man alive contest"
    when ever the media talk about sexy athletes they right straight to the white QB. They used to do it with black females as well, but I guess halle berry turned them into chocolate female lovers and now a black woman's beauty & sex appeal is mainstream. We are still underground and black only or tokened. That is one of the reasons why I and Im sure a lot of other bruthas on here be glad to see when one them go IR.

The thing that made me see this was I when I was watching this one flick where this white chick went to jamaica and fell in love with a white man, and all the black guys were like his wing man, I think matthew mcconaghey was in it.

So yeah it's good to see a lot of them brit girls don't go for it, like Gemma.

6. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

because you know someone in here In the states out hollywood is looking at gemma like DAMN HER! :lol:

7. nobledruali

You're damn right about that :!: You know they hate it but it helps them that she's "across the pond" but not so with Heidi Klum. She & Seal are all over the place including here in the states. :wink:

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

yo Kid, you know what...

you might be on to something...

out of all the black quarterbacks playing right now, at multiple levels, they skipped them over and started going nuts over "the HOTT look of Tom Brady." I seen something on MSN or yahoo, where they (media) were talking about how sexy he was and what the fuk ever.....

there are plenty of good lookin brothas playin the game like I said, but they want to make him the posterboy for sexiness..same goes for that overrated, overpaid SOB David Beckham ( I'm not going to deny he's good lookin, but whatever)

:p

maybe it's because he (Brady) is married to a supermodel..but whatever.. so many brothas out here got supermodel-like girlfriends, and you know it...

which is why we have black magazines like Jet and Ebony, which celebrate our beauty because the more mainstream outlets, just haven't caught on yet..or simply just don't want to..

sure..they give people like Will and Denzel props, but there are many more good lookin black male stars around....

lots of kats playin professional ball, look like they could be models ( lots of them are fit, like to look good, etc).. but you won't see anything on them, by the bushels, anytime soon..

maybe just one or two

9. nobledruali

Y'all know I heard that one of Tom's sisters was married to a brotha. :p

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

heard from who?

:)

you're not going to start putting out rumors now, r u..

if it's true tho.. I wonder how Tom's family took it...

would depend on whether or not the brotha was famous probably....

green is a color people will see, when you have it.. not just your skin..

but when yo a$$ is broke.. you best believe they lookin at homeboy like "WTF"

11. nobledruali

True that it is a rumor until I find out for sure either way playa. :p

12. malikom

malikom Banned

You're right,they do rave over white qb's like tom brady,but i dont think they totally ignore black football athletes.Look at tyrell ownes,hes pretty popular with the ladies.Black men celebs get raved over and celebrated also,but just not as much as white celebs on their level.We all know that michael vick screwed his career.We need some more black leader-like qb's.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

when was the last time TO was looked at, as a sex symbol, by the media...

when was the last time Brady was looked at, in that same light

maybe it's because he keeps winning fugging supa bowl rings

:wink:

14. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Terrell Owens is popular with the ladies, and a lot of black athletes and entertainers are, but it is underground type as in most of the time you have to get a black magazine to see them or skim read a white magazine until you get to the one small section they give a brotha. "On their level" is right and the whiteman's level to them is mainstream, with a black man minimum. I think 2 is the max. :lol:

15. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Nope, because matt leinhart, tony romo, brady quinn. Aint got none.

16. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Yeah and if kim kardashian was dating tony romo instead of reggie bush and bush was dating jessica simpson, tony romo will still get spotlighted for his dates.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lol probably

18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Is that film stars Kate Hudson in it? If so I wait until it is at the $1.50 theater in my city.

19. nobledruali

By the way, I'M SO DAMN GLAD THAT SUPER WHITE BOY QUARTERBACK TOM BRADY & HIS TEAM GOT UPSTAGED BY UP & COMING SUPER WHITE BOY QUARTERBACK ELI MANNING & HIS TEAM :!: :p

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member