Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1667265099964.jpg

3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

LOL!!! Oh my goodness . . . I love this meme sooo much!! Wish @HBO had inserted any plausible rationale for Queen Rhaenyra to send her younger son Lucerys, as unsure and inexperienced as he was, to conduct a diplomatic mission alone . . . when she could have asked his grandmother to accompany him to Storm's End!! This simple adjustment would ensure two goals: 1) emboldens the Velaryon legitimacy of the uber-insecure future Lord of Driftmark by cloaking him with his grandmother's prestige and 2) every Lord & Lady of the Stormlands has a formal historical education on the Great Council of 101 . . . they all know who the sole offspring of Crown Prince Aemon Targaryen and Princess Jocelyn Baratheon of Dragonstone was and her righful claim to the Iron Throne would surely be a point of pride for House Baratheon . . . "the Queen who never was"!!! Princess Rhaenys gets received by Lord Borros Baratheon on much more familiar terms and strengthens the presentation by virtue of her regal presence alone. Lastly, Prince Aemond would NEVER act up as brazenly if he had to challenge TQWNW and her grandson at Storm's End!!

EDIT:
    Every Lord and Lady in the Stormlands would have familiarity with the Great Council of 101 and would know that Princess Rhaenys was the sole heir to the Crown Prince of Dragonstone . . . and sole offspring of Prince Aemon Targaryen and Princess Jocelyn Baratheon. It would surely be a point of pride and formal educated instruction for the youth.

As a general rule, two heads are better than one. In this case, you have the rather young Prince Lucerys Velaryon, a boy of uncertain diplomatic prowess and could surely benefit from the wisdom and maturity of TQWNW in this important diplomatic mission. The benefit of sending actual envoys rather than ravens is that ravens cannot adapt on the fly (no pun intended) to make effective rebuttals should issues arise. Sens Prince Lucerys to accompany the much more accomplished Princess Rhaenys and you also circumvent any questions of the insecure Lucerys's illegitimacy too as TQWNW has such a magnificent presence that enhances the persuasive of her grandson and lends legitimacy to him as a true Velaryon as well. Aemond One Eye would NEVER act up as he did if he faced this duo of dragon riders.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  4. Young Herschel

How oh so close you were in this prediction!!!

5. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Woah! I totally forgot about this!! Damn, I'm almost a soothsayer! LOL.

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1669269929064.jpg

7. Young Herschel

With my $15 let me keep Prince Daemon with Ceraxes for $6 bucks. The Rogue Prince and King of the Narrow Sea rides the dragon with years & years of battle experience and he weilds Dark Sister!! I think that he would work well with Ser Bron or Lord Bronn of High Garden if you would . . . Bronn would relate to his ruthlessness and hold a healthy respect for his leadership so that's $1 buck for an extremely adapt battle-tested field commander who can successfully shoot a ballista at a flying dragon!! With $8 bucks left I will take the Young Wolf ~ King in the North Robb Stark who defeated Lord Stannis several times despite being outmanned and empower him with the Unsullied who are highly effective when outnumbered (see the Dorthraki siege of Quohar). EDIT: Lord Tywin not Lord Stannis.

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

That's actually a pretty decent army considering how you were able to use the $15 budget. You sound like someone who plays Daily Fantasy Sports quite a bit. Lol

9. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah It was a good selection.

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1670163590279.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1670163216001.jpg

12. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1670367456478.jpg

Caraxes aka The Blood Worm

Known as the “blood wyrm” for its red color and ferocity, Caraxes is one of the most distinctive dragons because of its slender and long physique. He is also one of the largest living dragons after Vhagar.

Its characteristic roar is due to the fact that Caraxes has a deviated septum, which makes it sound higher pitched, raspy and choppy.

In addition to its wings, its hind legs have a uropatagium, that is, an elastic and resistant skin membrane that, in the air, allows it to maneuver with greater precision.

So far, no mention has been made of how the link between Daemon and Caraxes was formed. The official information is that Caraxes had a previous rider [Prince Aemon Targaryen] so Daemon would not have shared his cradle with Caraxes egg and his bond must have been forged with Daemon already as a child or teenager. What is known is that Prince Daemon’s first dragon flight was when he was barely 15 days old, his mother, Princess Alyssa, took him with her on her dragon Meleys, which she also did with her first son and Daemon’s older brother, King Viserys.

Their connection between rider and dragon is the strongest and most symbiotic shown so far, we can see Caraxes attacking, moving and using his dragon fire without the need for Daemon to verbally command him to do so.

The truth is that both rider and dragon have a similar personality, Caraxes is recognized as the dragon that no one wants, contrasting with the self-destructive and unpredictable behavior of his rider. Both have extensive combat experience which may have deepened their bond making them the most powerful and dangerous weapon in the seven kingdoms.

«In the Stepstones, my enemies learned to run and hide when they saw Caraxes’s wings or heard his roar…»
    — Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons by George R.R. Martin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1670367249651.jpg

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Screenshot_20221204-091117_(1).jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1670367080974.jpg

17. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1671316868696.jpg

18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1670680736699.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Jokes about Teen Ballers being huge.

20. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member