Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

"All right then. Let it be fear."

Daenerys embraces the darkness within.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The amount of people shocked by what she did to all those people at King's Landing I'm like HOW have they've NOT been paying attention to the build up of her becoming The Mad Queen. She saw two of her sons murdered and Cersei order the execution of her best friend Missandei. People have betrayed her, Jon dropped that bombshell on her. And Missandei's last words were 'Dracarys!'

What did they think was going to happen? Smh.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Missandei'oliBreh1, post: 1104951, member: 57028"]https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1125879365005242369
    [​IMG]
    https://deadline.com/2019/05/game-o...ay-jessica-chastain-criticism-hbo-1202609329/

SMH.[/QUOTE]

1 of the funniest thing about the fake outrage last week about Missandei's death is a lot of the females who were complaing about it were the same ones who usually complain about lightskin/biracial females and don't consider them black. Now they're convientely trying to claim one.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

1 of the funniest thing about the fake outrage last week about Missandei's death is a lot of the females who were complaing about it were the same ones who usually complain about lightskin/biracial females and don't consider them black. Now they're convientely trying to claim one.[/QUOTE]
    Absolute facts.
    So damn true

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Wow! GOT writing has really fallen off this last season. So far nothing has been satisfying or consistent.

8. ColiBreh1

I've been meaning ask this question in The Nerdz Lounge for the last week: Seeing as how GoT's writing has fallen off ever since the show passed the books, do y'all high hopes for these upcoming spinoffs that HBO is working on?

If these spinoffs aren't going closely based off the spinoff books that GRRM has done, like the the first 5 seasons GoT was, I don't have high hopes for them.

9. meowkittenmeow

It could go either way. You have creative freedom to a certain degree, as oppose to having to come up with a TV friendly ending to an unfinished story.

10. ColiBreh1

ttps://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-final-season-backlash-female-characters-daenerys-targaryen-twitter-reactions-1210005

For y'all folks who watch "The Walking Dead", does TWD have to deal with Twitter SJWs complaints is considered big news?

11. meowkittenmeow

I guess people forgot about all of the ruthless shit she has done in the past seasons. I will agree that they could have done a better job at showing the transition from calm to madness, but is makes sense.

And anything having to do with a woman is big news at the moment. Even if that woman is fictional. It’s all about getting clicks. It’s lazy journalism, but it gets the advertisement revenue.

12. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Dumb & Dumber (Dan & Dave) aren't involved at all in the prequels being shot next decade.

GRRM will come back onto the executive staff to help keep things correct but this is virgin territory because it is not source material but about 10,000 years prior to ASIOF

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  13. meowkittenmeow

14. The Dark King

Ruthless is one thing killing all those innocent people even after they surrendered was completely out of character. All it does is create factions who will move heaven and earth to kill that dragon then her.

15. meowkittenmeow

Having served in combat multiple times, I can assure you, some things go hand and hand. And when that breaking point hits, it can seem like it came from nowhere. But, the reality is that there were always signs that we glossed over.

However, as I mentioned, they should have done a better job of showing the transition for the sake of the audience. But, regardless, people flipping like that can be commonplace in war torn environments.

16. The Dark King

And that's why war crimes exist because again they surrendered this wasn't collateral damage they threw their swords down and they killed them and innocent people fleeing for their lives. There's a reason there are rules to engagement otherwise fuck it lets play last man standing if that's everyone's attitude.

17. darkcurry

That is the problem society has in real life. So I guess it makes sense that they will miss that on a fictional show.

18. darkcurry

1 of the funniest thing about the fake outrage last week about Missandei's death is a lot of the females who were complaing about it were the same ones who usually complain about lightskin/biracial females and don't consider them black. Now they're convientely trying to claim one.[/QUOTE]

One thing I will say about the racial elements is that during ancient times there are VERY little signs of racism against darker skinned people. I have started reading the book
    Year Of The Five Emperors that tells the stories of the black Roman Emperors during that time. The only thing about their skin color was that they were identified when described by the white Romans as to being black, dark-skinned, etc. Very little issue with it. A lot of race mixing in Ancient Rome.

If people were to make a movie or a show about Year Of The Five Emperors or The Severan Dynasty that will better illustrate what GoT have missed on in some parts of the show. But it is not as big as these SJWs are making it out to be, but we KNOW how they are. To them a pinch is a punch.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. meowkittenmeow

Yes, I am aware as I have lived it. But, this is a fictional show that doesn’t have those rules. The audience wanted more, and that is understandable, but it wasn’t necessary for her to flip, considering that her family has 300 plus years of documented mental illness, and the fact that her last trusted advisor and friend literally died in front of her but not before implying that she should burn it all.

I hope that explains it.

20. meowkittenmeow

I agree. People have been rooting for the character since the beginning. So when the audience/reader feels that close to a character, they feel ownership. I guess it was hard for most to accept, but they have been alluding to this for years.

Last edited: May 14, 2019