Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

In the most recent episode of the series titled “The Last of the Starks”, there’s a scene where you can clearly see a modern day coffee cup sitting on a table right in front of Daenerys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. samson1701

[​IMG]

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1125879365005242369
    [​IMG]
    https://deadline.com/2019/05/game-o...ay-jessica-chastain-criticism-hbo-1202609329/

SMH.

4. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Damn poor Greyworm

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So basically all the criticism came from camps protecting their own identity. A white woman for Sansa and a black woman Misande. Silent af when they needlessly sent all the brown people to die in episode 3 for no damn good reason. Why would strangers to the land lead the charge at night in place they didn't know. Operation Human Shield hide behind the darkies. smh

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

OMG!!! I was thinking of the South Park movie too, lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Actually there were discussions on twitter, on blogs and on news media sites about the POC being sacrificed to protect a nation of white folks who hadn't even shown any appreciation for them. Was the chatter as big as the ones regarding rapes and this most recent death of Missandei? No. That rape discussion of Sansa was a dominant topic back when it happened. But the key thing is that she is a main character with a name we all know. Faceless Dorathki and Unsullied are not going to generate as much outrage.

That said fuck all of those people who have been whining about this shit. This is a show in which mass slaughter, unjustified and cruel killings, castrations, beheadings, infanticide, crippling, feticide, being burned alive, hangings, etc, has been occurring since episode one of season one. But outrage is limited to only a couple of scenarios:

1- Female characters who are raped
    2-Women of color (black women) who are killed.

It must have been so gut-wrenching for people, in particular black women, to see Missandei lose her head. Everyone was expecting Grey Worm to die (for the last two seasons in fact), so they had mentally had accepted that fate for him. To kill the black chick threw them for such a loop. And why wouldn't it? Black female characters rarely die in genre TV. GoT writers subverted expectations and though I was sad about what happened I also welcomed it in regard to Grey Worm. For at least another week the masses didn't get their death of a black man.

And fuck DuVernay. I doubt she has been a long viewer of the show, most likely a Johnny Come Lately. The one time she tweets about the show it is to express her hurt feelings about the one black woman being killed. I guess being a black woman was supposed to give the character a sort of plot armor or convenience armor to allow her to remain alive by series' end.

8. The Dark King

What's sad is we use to be able to see humanity in everyone now its strictly reserved for those we think look like us whatever that means. I get the people who most look like me are black but its not like I can't see myself in Asians or Europeans its not like seeing a Native American in pain doesn't make me feel something. Honestly when did we become so callous.

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It’s always been that way. There have been studies. Social media just shines a brighter light on it.

10. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Bump please consider and comment if you have an opinion on the aforementioned

11. samson1701

This comes from the simultaneous ghettoissation and feminissation of our people.

12. The Dark King

True

13. Young Herschel

Just wanted to share the news for any fans wondering who this new Prince of Dorne is?? According to Mary Ellen from "Order of the Greenhand" . . . he was the knight of Lemonwood ~ formerly titled Ser Denziel of House Dalt. This noble Dornish House is the nearest to Sunpear (former seat of House Martell) and is located between the Greenblood river to its north and the Dornish coast to its south so he should surely have ships and sailors to bring to Queen Daenerys' cause as well as Dornish knights since Prince Denziel was recently one himself?

He should make his debut this weekend on "Game of Thrones"

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  14. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

15. samson1701

16. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

17. samson1701

[​IMG]

18. samson1701

[​IMG]

19. Young Herschel

Anybody got predictions for tonight?? I think Daenerys is going to have Varys executed for incompetence constituting treason once she returns to Dragonstone but why not Tyrion too . . . plot popularity armor???

The Dornish are coming tonight . . . might this Prince of Dorne do something bold and beneficial for Queen Daenerys??

20. Young Herschel

Go order your food RIGHT NOW!!! I'm ready for the Last War!! I'm back with two kinds of wings from Golden Nugget & King of Pizza respectively with 4 Blue Cheeses and 6 celery bundles and both restaurants are doing mad business for the NBA playoffs today and Game of Thrones tonight.

Place your food orders early guys . . . don't delay :)