Florida is fucked thread

Discussion in 'In the News' started by 4north1side2, Jul 29, 2013.

1. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I love Florida. Full stop. It has problems, but so does every other state I have lived in.

3. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Watched a BBC documentary about Florida and it's sinkholes the other night, not sure it's somewhere I'd want to buy property. :eek:

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Where would you buy property in the US?

5. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I meant generally I wouldn't want to buy property anywhere in the world with that much of a sinkhole problem (I felt so sorry for those new home owners in the Doc)
    but in truth I probably would never look to live anywhere in the US (hold no appeal for me) I'm quite happy in the UK and eventually buying in the UK although prices are rocketing over here right now again!

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Regardless of the storms there it still costs a lot of quid to live in the UK. Hope Scotland does not do the daft thing of being independent.

7. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Orejon. I love living here although there are areas in Florida I would not want to live in. South of Palm Beach is OK.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I bet it IS expensive.

9. blakluvr69

blakluvr69 New Member

Florida only state with no snow is misleading...

California has been in a HISTORIC drought and would welcome snowpack.
    Second, lets remember that Florida is decent in size but western states are significant bigger. So yea Texas may have had some snow in the Panhandle area but the state is like four times the size of Florida - over 860 miles east to west and over 900 miles north to south.

El Paso is closer to Los Angeles CA to its west than it is to Orange TEXAS to its east by 65 miles (all on interstate 10 each way)

10. chocolatecream4u

chocolatecream4u Well-Known Member

I just do not like that state,I apologize to the peeps that live there but I cant stand that state.

11. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Looking at that GIF, whoever wrote that cartoon must have been making a subliminal political statement.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I recall one night on Christmas Eve when half a foot of snow fell in Live Oak, Florida. I thought at first, it was frost. But, it was snow. Being from New Jersey, I recognized the consistency. It gets cold there. Sometimes so cold it can freeze the water pipes.

13. IceMan808

IceMan808 New Member

After reading many of the posts, I have one thing to say... is Florida really that bad? I ask because I'm thinking about moving to Orlando for school.

14. RestlessRita

Ive lived in the Ft. Lauderdale area for years and love it. It's like living in a hot new York which is where I grew up. Very multicultural. There are areas in northern Florida that are very backwards and redneck. North Florida is actually more like the deep south than southern Florida. I don't particularly care for the south. I've known a lot of kids who went to UCF in Orlando and enjoyed it very much. Good luck.

15. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

It's basically the Alabama panhandle.

16. RestlessRita

Very true and very scary. I'm new York born and raised. Stick me in the Bronx anytime but I'm scared of some small southern towns I've been in.

17. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

It has gotten better over the years, even in the smaller towns and rural areas but there are still more than a few places stuck in time. Georgia's better than a lot of places though mainly because metro Atlanta is damn near half the state. Still, there are more than a few places where a Black man and a White woman probably should not be seen together :smt009

18. RestlessRita

Totally f**ked up. I'll stay in south Florida.

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Orlando is great for school. The IR lifestyle is all over the place. You'll do fine in Orlando.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I lived in those small southern towns. I know how it is. Cities like Jacksonville, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Orlando, Daytona and Gainesville(university town) are okay. I like downtown Miami. South Florida is okay in some spots.