Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Pretty much

The class war is reality

People with long bills do NOT have to face the system the same way poor/uneducated people do, with shitty public defenders and lack of understanding about their rights

Cops have been beating confessions out of the poor for god knows how long, but you never hear them doing that to people with pull or celebs

Like I wrote ages ago, they shut down one of the larger, more known homeless shelters here in philly

If that wasn't a little wakeup call, I don't know what else it's gunna take

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Hell they are looking to get off killing a 12 year old

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It was no surprise, but that didn't stop me from hoping that the outcome would be different for a change. It scares me to death that one of these days it could be my own son shot down like a dog by some asshole who sees his life as worthless. I just can't comprehend how they can justify this shit over and over again.

4. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

No words. Horrible tragedy and just keeps getting worse.

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It's shocking the grand jury didn't think it was even worth taking to trial.

Even if the DA felt he couldn't win the case, some things need to be done on principle and expose someone's actions to public scrutiny in a court of law.

I read the DA didn't really present the evidence in a targeted way as if he was interested in prosecuting this killer cop.

Instead he gave them ALL the evidence, for the defense AND prosecution, and let the grand jury try to figure it out on their own.

Yeah if you were surprised you weren't paying attention how a cop would gun down an unarmed teen in the first place.

This asshole shot Brown how many times??
    But it's cool. Nothing to see here.

What I'm afraid of is cops are going to start being targeted for vigilante attacks and murders. This shit out here is outta control and until the establishment feels the aftermath, nothing's gonna change.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Pic of d. Wilson at hospital and no bruises visible...maybe swelling but no bruises as stated before of a busted eye socket

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

U know it

They're also going to get off with killing that guy in the stairwell

It's so damn hard to prosecute cops for murder

Pretty much

Police just cappin people off over any ole shit and the fucking Feds refuse to make a nationwide law requiring officers to wear body cams

All of this drama could have been averted over one piece of equipment

There's obviously some pushback against cams and I doubt it's from the minority community

I wasn't as much concerned about a conviction as I was about a trial period

With plenty of witnesses and shit, ud think they'd have this HUGE case play out in court

To top it off, the grand jury judge said that she may not release the evidence if there was no indictment

Let that sink in a bit..especially since the public wanted more transparency with this case

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

We all new how this was going down. POJ noted the lack of evidence to indict. even indicted it wasn't going to be guilty.
    body cameras on each officer.
    Make it legal to record officers.

Ferguson needs AG to tell them how to get the mayor and counsel out of office so that they can disband the police department. i.e. who needs to lead to vote them out.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This would be my new quote if others wouldn't sensitive about it. Great point

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

Yeah I'm sensitive because your sig mocks racism and well, gotdamn that makes me feel uncomfortable

Sounds like a legit attitude.......for a closet racist

12. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

As I look on my TV at all the fires, the looting, the theft, the gunfire, the destruction. ..and I have to come to grips that the rest of the nation and rest of the civilized world see how we protest.....It is easy to understand why many people will spend half their fortune to pay for separation and why many people just want to live as far as the possible away from _______..... God thank you so much for a rural home in the country. ..

13. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

In our TV reports they've said that in USA it's legal that a policeman can shoot, even with the intention to kill, as soon as he just FEELS threatened.. is that true?
    This is sick, if it's true.

14. archangel

Yes, and no.

There tends to be an investigation. For example a cop felt threaten and shot at man coming out of his car. He told the man to get his driver's license. The man did just that. The officer felt threaten and shot at him. Later, the officer was arrested after the investigation. He was clearly in the wrong. It was all over the news. USA is a big country. Problem of who is watching the police is a big issue.
    Why is the police department investigating the police?
    Tht is a conlict of interest. Why is the grand jury so well hidden? too many questions.

15. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

My thought was the law. In Europe i.e. someone breaks into your house, you first have to give a warn shooting, then you may shoot or attack him, but just as long as you are definitly threatened, physically. And you may only shoot at arms or legs. If you kill him, you're accused automatically of manslaughter, because this person didn't try to kill you, just to rob you. For police the rules are even stricter, they are educated for those situations.

16. archangel

The police are not that restricted. The scenario that explained to you earlier is very much an attempted murder but the officer is being charged with far less. Ultimately, it is on the people. If you don't reform, you get what ferguson got. If you want reform, you can disband the police department like the previous town that hired mr wilson did. That's the great shame of ferguson.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

There is still the strong possibility of a Federal Trial.
    Eric Holder sent 41 FBI Agents to investigate the encounter and shooting death. Pretty sure if they find otherwise from the Grand Jury, the Feds will charge the cop. If they don't, then the' just cause' will likely officially stand for both agencies.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The truth is, a lot of those causing the mayhem are criminals and agitators looking to simply loot businesses, which has already happened - they broke into and cleaned a French restaurant out of everything. They are reporting that many legitimate protesters were seen trying to stop the violent offenders, to no avail. It takes away from the people truly passionate for change there.

19. archangel

Nope, That won't happen. It is more likely that the police department will be charged for something and they will settle out of court for money. The bar is even higher for the DOJ.

20. archangel

He doesn't care about that. I would have commented about that but i got tired of his comments. It saddens me that the protesters are lumped with the rioters. I don't feel bad when the rioters are arrested. They counter the message that is being portrayed.