Feminism vs. Tradition in relationships

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Elklodge, May 2, 2019.

?

General stance on feminism?

1. I'm a feminist/ prefer my partner to be a feminist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I like some of the principles of feminism but distance myself from them

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  3. Not really a feminist and prefer traditional gender roles

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Anti-feminist and believe in strong traditional values and patriarchal systems

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Unsure

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

I know that technically speaking "feminism" should allow for women who prefer to have a traditional gender relationship to exist happily but most outspoken feminists still look down on that decision so was curious to hear people's thoughts on this.

When it comes to yourself if you are a woman do you see yourself as a feminist or something else? I know some women who want to distance themself from the loaded phrase prefer the term "Egalitarian." Do you reject modern feminism almost completely? For the men do you prefer in a partner for her to be a hardcore feminist or someone more "traditional" in how she views the roles of a relationship. Not judging personally I'm just curious to how people view this.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Feminism was once about empowerment. Now it's just become exhausting. These triggered radicals today are not the 'radicals' of yesteryear.