False Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Stinkmeaner, Aug 7, 2013.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This review says it all.
    https://variety.com/2018/film/reviews/brian-banks-review-1202962271/
    Highlighting the racist corruption of the justice system, privilege and how it has nothing to do with metoo movement... but then downplaying the false accusation and trying to use his review of the film as the need to defend metoo and insert women who have been raped and mislabeling Brian Banks case with subliminal shots and as isolated.

When really this is about this country's history of falsely accusing black men of rape BECAUSE of the broken racist justice system that some of these liberals all of sudden think is okay because they locked up Bill Cosby. This along with the other movies like Central Five and the untitled Emmett Till project coming up is about how and why due process is important to a black man living in this country especially. But this review failed to touch more on that and kept feeling the need to interject rape survivors in this while in the process use language to describe the Brian Banks case that is tone deaf and undermining. This is an excerpt of his review, but if you go to the site you will see he speaks on the woman who lied in parts and at the end of his review.

If someone felt the need to talk about how false accusations ruin a person's life in their review of a movie about a rape survivor it will be disrespectful. So is feeling the need to speak on women being raped and therefore should be believed in a review to a movie about a black man's life being ruined from a false accusation.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Why would you be surprised she covered this story? It fits the FOX News talking points even if the male victim is not the ideal figure they crave (white male).

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

When I read about the Brian Banks movie going into production last year just as the #MeToo movement was really gaining steam, I thought to myself that the timing couldn't be worse. I started questioning if it was some rightwing/Christian group that was financing the whole thing. And then I stopped to think about it further. Banks' story is an interesting one that deserves to be told, its tailored made for Hollywood. I don't know the politics of the people who put it altogether for a film, but I don't care. They can be liberal or conservative, the important thing was to get the story out there. For all I know these folks may have been working on putting this project together for years and if so why should they put the whole thing on hold just because Hollywood was in the middle of a sexual controversy storm?

Here's the thing. While this film was never going to be completely championed by the Hollywood left or the left-leaning media types, it would still have found much easier acceptance if the woman who lied about Banks was white. In such a case the white folks could have played up the racism angle which Hollywood is somewhat comfortable with while the black folks, particularly black women, would have gleefully taken their shots at white womanhood all the while reminding black men of the stupidity of pursuing/dating white women, blah, blah, blah. But the very fact that it was a black woman who railroaded a black guy makes it a tougher swallow. First of all as far as liberals are concerned you can't criticize black women, not as individuals or groups, unless they are right wing messengers. The left is too caught up in the mammy-fication of black ladies, what I have seen refered to as the Cult of Black Womanhood. Black women walk on water as far as they are concerned. Last of all the left and Hollywood don't really know what to make of any squabbling between two black people of different genders, regardless of whether the man or the woman is wrong. I must say I find it disappointing that the movie gives Banks a rebound love interest in the movie who is also black and very sympathetic. I say this because the ladies that I've seen Banks hook up with following his release from prison have been almost all white. Now it is possible that this second black woman in the film was based on a real black woman, but I have the feeling she is some made up individual whom they chose a black actress to play in order to soften the blow of a black woman being the closest thing to a villain in the film. I have no idea if this is true or not but if it is I will be pissed off. Based upon reviews the film gives a substantial role to Bank's mom who is very supportive of him so wouldn't she be enough to cancel out negative connotations of black females? Plus the reviews also point out that even the black woman who made up the accusations is portrayed somewhat sympathetically. Why do people always go overboard trying to save face in regards to black women?

I don't think the #MeToo movement is perfect by any stretch But I d support it overall. I have no sympathy for the Cosbys or Weinsteins of the world who I believe are as guilty as sin. Also as I written before I think the movement has done much damage to the facade of this ideal white male image. Yeah some non-white guys have been swept up in the current of this movement, but most of the guys likely deserved their fate too. The point is this movement has led to the vilifying of white dudes, has put them on notice. Everywhere I turn I'm reading some criticism online about "white male privilege" which means people are finally taking a look at how it is the white guys who get all the perks in society; not men in general or white women. That said I never accepted this notion of "Believe Women" without pause. It's not that I disbelieve them, its just that I think everyone deserves the right to be spared presumption of guilt after an accusation is pointed at them. Even white men. Also I'm well aware of the history of black men being falsely accused of crimes in this country. This include sex crimes, in particular white ladies lying about black males raping them. So, no, I won't automatically believe a man is guilty after one woman accuses him of violating her. However if the accusations start piling up I tend to start believing.

Ultimately let us not slide down some slippery slope of backlash against this movement to hold men accountable for sexual misbehavior. While fake rape accusations occur, particular against black men, and fake accusations of sexual harassment happens too, the vast majority of the women who speak up about being raped or harass are not lying. Years of studies and investigations have proven this. The vast vast majority of women don't toss around such serious charges. In fact a woman is more likely to not go to the authorities about being raped than she is to lie about such a thing. Some of you may fall into a Kanye-like trap of going along with the talking points of right wing pundits because they say things you agree with on this topic. That would be a mistake IMO. Make your case without falling back on the words of those morons. Those folks have no use for a black man like Banks UNLESS his story is one they can use to push their own agenda. That racist piece of shit spokeswoman for the NRA has tweeted Banks' name recently when referencing the Kavanaugh case. Bitch, please. I don't want those assholes hijacking Banks' story for their own selfish propaganda-driven takes. Does anyone think Megyn Kelly would be talking about Banks if his ordeal dealt with police brutality? And even if the liberal media doesn't allow the makers of this film much time to talk about this film, I hope they just don't plant themselves on FOX TV or conservative radio to get out the word. Because those particular media branches have done such heavy lifting in creating a perception of the black male being a lazy, useless, violent threat to society.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  4. darkcurry

Yeah, I don't pay much attention to talking heads so when I delved further into it I realized what she was doing.

5. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

I'm not. A bunch of these right wing operatives are bringing up Banks's case cynically in defense of Brett Kavanaugh.

https://twitter.com/pastormarkburns/status/1044253728784744449

https://twitter.com/DLoesch/status/1045334149043769347

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1046569192013479936

That being said, even though these people clearly don't give a shit about brother Banks or any other falsely accused black men, the more publicity that his story gets, the better.

Man, Aldis Hodge needs to get a lot more work.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Wow. She was ready to destroy a whole family. Would have sued them too, for sure.
    Liars totally fuck it up for ACTUAL victims.
    Why no charges against her??

'Rape charges are dropped in Las Vegas against four California dentists, three of whom are brothers, after cellphone video showed woman's accusations were 'completely fabricated'..'

[​IMG]
    (Where is HER photo??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...dropped-against-four-California-dentists.html

'We are so grateful to the justice system for recognizing that we were the victims in this case,' the three Edalat brothers said in a statement.

'We knew when the facts came out that the vicious allegations would be exposed as lies and our good names would be cleared. We want to thank our families, friends and lawyers for sticking by us through this horrific ordeal.'

They also added a warning about women who were 'willing to use the (#MeToo) movement for their own selfish motives and remember that innocent until proven guilty is one of our country's bedrock principles.'

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Man who was imprisoned for 28 YEARS after woman dreamed that he raped her..

[​IMG]
    ...freed after another man confesses

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...l-ordered-Denver-man-imprisoned-28-years.html

• Clarence Moses-EL was convicted in 1988 and sentenced to 48 years in prison for raping and assaulting a woman when she returned home from a night of drinking
      • When police initially asked who attacked her, she named the man who later confessed
      • More than a day after the assault, while in the hospital, the woman identified Moses-EL as her attacker, saying his face came to her in a dream
      • Moses-EL has long claimed he was innocent
      • But his efforts to appeal his conviction were unsuccessful, in part because Denver police threw away DNA evidence from the attack
      • His break came in December 2013 when another man, L.C. Jackson, sent him a letter in prison
      • The letter said he couldn't believe Moses-EL was accused of raping the woman because he 'had sex' with her at the same time that night'

*(Footnote: the actual rapist was tied to two others in the neighborhood)

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Have y'all seen the story about the Wisconsin football player who had a threesome with 2 women & is now facing 40 years in prison because he's being accused of sexual assault?:

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...isconsin-ordered-trial-sexual-assault-charges

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. darkcurry

I seen it yesterday. The justice system and these white women like them KNOWS they will be protected with the light sentences Nikki Yovino and Breana Harmon got. It's easy. Black men have no rights that anybody is bound to respect.

10. darkcurry

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Really fucked up story and these girls need to be held more accountable for their actions.

It seems like they went to police afterwards out of guilt and feeling ashamed, but they still don't realize they're about to ruin this kid's life forever.

Most college threesomes have alcohol involved IMO and how the hell does this dude rape two women at basically the same time??

Just because you're drunk doesn't mean you can't give consent. It's not like these girls were passed out.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Someone should let her know that there are easier ways of getting a seat on the MeToo train than to pick on an innocent boy.

13. MrT

MrT Member

me 2 was always a lie - celeb BS to cover up blo 4 go in hollywood movie deals - regardless of race

don't make evrythg into race - fault on both sides - if u wanna highlight "the other" side...are you ready for truths on your own?

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that one of Harvey Weinstein charges were dropped.
    How much you wanna bet he does not time

15. darkcurry

WE seen it coming. THEY thought he was going to get "got" like Bill Cosby. Folks are so dim and confused it's like how can you believe the justice system is racist and think that same racist justice system is going to take down Harvey Weinstein for ya'll. Smh.

16. ColiBreh1

17. darkcurry

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

19. ColiBreh1

My assumption in these cases, where a black college athlete gets accused of rape/sexual assault (Especially when it's obvious that it's bullshit), is the sex was consensual, but people found out the female accuser had sex with a black college athlete. So to protect her image/reputation & not be labeled a "mudshark" or "coalburner", she has to cry rape.

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Nobody besides the black man (Cos) will see any jail time for this #metoo shit, least of all a wealthy white man

As long as a wealthy white man is out, they can shake him down for more $$$$. You see how they tried to go after Les Moonves' severance package from CBS. 100K to women's shelters wasn't enough

Bryan Singer is off making a new movie like nothing happened. That it's about a feminist barbarian warrior is pure trolling lol

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2018/09/210150/bryan-singer-new-movie-red-sonja-rape-accusations