Explosive Devices Sent to Obama, Clintons, CNN

Discussion in 'In the News' started by SilverSmith, Oct 24, 2018.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

But-But I thought that Democrats were the party of the KKK and Jim Crow? Then why is it conservative Republicans cry and march over confederate statues being taken down?

2. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Yep. There can't be any kind of educating if the person you're trying to reach absolutely refuses to learn.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. K

K Well-Known Member

Sure there are some who are more susceptible than others, but there have been plenty of shows and reports with very accomplished people who have been scammed. Remember, there are LOTS of different types of scamming going on out there. Not all of them are the lame ass obvious Nigerian money laundering or green card stuff. There are plenty of them in our own country(ies). There was a huge settlement recently with Western Union that included all sorts of scamming, including friends/family "emergency" scams.

Be careful about blaming victims, that's actually something that makes people more susceptible. People get arrogant/cocky in thinking it can't happen to them because they are too smart, educated, hot, or whatever. Some of the predators are very good at what they do. Again, I'm not talking about the average Nigerian crap where they are going after dating sites or hopeful adoptive parents, although there is plenty of that and you would be amazed at who some of the victims are.

4. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Yeah I know there are other scams out there that might be more difficult to pick up on. I was referring specifically to the green card scammer types.