Ex-President Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackbull1970, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

The lingo he used is different to the usual diplomatic "firm response" that for instance Obama used and Macron recently used. Firm and united response can mean a whole lot of things, sanctions for instance. I don't care what Putin and all the others say except you want us to put them on the same level now. I expect more morally from a POTUS than from Putin.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

We know South Korea would be more exposed to the war. That does make us more reluctant to attack the north because SK is a modern country where people are living their lives. Exposing them to war would be dramatic, it would be like exposing the average American to war, but it won't be easy for them to burn SK by any means without using nukes.

3. Madeleine

Yes, but with his level of craziness we don't know if he'd use nukes when under extreme pressure. And that's why making a move on NK could potentially lead to the wiping out of SK, in a worst case scenario.

Except if it's possible to sort of knock out his nuclear plants and arsenals first, so that option isn't there. That I don't know, because I'm not so deep into military stuff, but I imagine it to be difficult.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Dotard acts as if him and Putin grew up playing in the same sand box while sharing toy trucks. It's hilarious really. How he can't see himself as a fool is incredible. Like what could his end game be really?

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's why we are reluctant to move first. No one wants that on their hands, but if he moves first then what does he have to gain? We want him to move first because if he does China may not get involved. NK can't beat us and SK without China.

6. Madeleine

Lol...either he doesn't understand what a tricky bastard Putin is or Putin has some compromising material on him. Either way he's making a fool of himself.

7. Madeleine

That's why I said further up in my response to Bliss that China is key in this issue and someone must have explained that to him. That's why during his last Asia trip he was talking a little more sense than usual with China.

8. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think a big part of his crap is the fact that he's lived the life of a spoiled rich kid who has always gotten his way. That's why he routinely goes off the deep end anytime someone dares to buck back/question or disagree with him. It's one thing to act like this in your companies with your employees, but now he's truly playing in the big leagues and to assume Kim Jong-Un (or any state leader) will bow to his constant barking puts us all in danger.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Oh. I only read about 10% of her posts. Usually if its in a political thread I just skip past.

10. Madeleine

:)
    Well, I scan through;-)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  11. Madeleine

There was this documentary on German TV that shed light on Trumps Russia ties long before any presidential campaign. Russian mafia in the trump tower and more. Wish you guys could watch it, but it's in German.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What's the name if it? I'm starting German soon enough.

13. Madeleine

I'll check and send you the link.

14. Madeleine

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

16. Madeleine

Bitte:)

Where do you want to learn German? Goethe Institut, a language school, university?

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I utilized multiple sources to learn Spanish. Independent books, classes, friends, random people, movies, and music....lol.

The resources for other languages just seem limited here in the US. Music is the big advantage and major resource Spanish has that's lacking in other languages. The lack of good French music is particularly disappointing for such a beautiful language.

For German I'll learn it anyway I can. Its going to be the only language I'll explore in depth beyond the romance family.

18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

"Duolingo" is a great free app that can help you learn multiple languages.

19. Madeleine

Ok, you are an autodidact. It's possible if you have a thing for languages and the necessary discipline. Yes, there are lots of opportunities to speak and hear Spanish in the US. Actually, there's quite a bit of French music?! There's also lots of contemporary German music...

20. Madeleine

Btw, one still can't post on your page. Maybe you have to look into it so I don't have to keep abusing threads on this forum.

I like this one. Used to be super popular in Germany. As is Zaz and Louane.