Celebrity R.I.P.s

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Thus far (at least this week):

Iconic TV Actress Mary Tyler Moore

[​IMG]

Actor John Hurt (The Elephant Man, Alien & Harry Potter films)

[​IMG]

Actress Barbra Hale ( Della Street from Classic Perry Mason TV Series)

[​IMG]

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Mary Tyler Moore had her own production company MTM Productions, a company that not only brought The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Rhoda ,Lou Grant, The White Shadow and Remington Steele. She played a lot of interesting characters like Leona Helmsley and Sante Kimes.

John Hurt's death scene in Alien was not known to the rest of the cast. In fact, none of the other cast members knew what was going on until Ridley Scott called "action". If you look at the scene, none of the cast had any idea what would happen next and their reactions were natural.

He had an impressive career in films like Alien, Partners(in which he played a gay cop opposite Ryan O'Neal), The Osterman Weekend, Hellboy, Indiana Jones &the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Elephant Man and V For Vendetta.

Barbara Hale, probably the only surviving member of the cast of Perry Mason. She was in a low budget sci-go film called The Giant Spider Invasion(actress Leslie Parrish, The Manchurian Candidate, made an appearance in the film). Gilligan's Island actor Alan Hale had a role in that film, as well.

May these wonderful and talented people Rest In Final Peace.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Richard Hatch was probably the best actor, second to Lorne Greene in Battlestar Galactica.

He did other things after the show.

He seemed like a very laid back, down to earth guy.

May he Rest In Peace.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace AL JARREAU..

[​IMG]

From the website note...:
    'A few days ago, I was asked to describe Al to someone who knew of his success, but did not know him as a person. I responded with this: His 2nd priority in life was music. There was no 3rd. His 1st priority, far ahead of the other, was healing or comforting anyone in need.'

It was added: 'Whether it was emotional pain, or physical discomfort, or any other cause of suffering, he needed to put our minds at ease and our hearts at rest. He needed to see a warm, affirming smile where there had not been one before. Song was just his tool for making that happen.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4217478/Singer-Al-Jarreau-dies-age-76.html

I regularly listened to him in my younger years. Oftentimes, we know the music, but not the person. Much greater respect knowing what an awesome human-being he was. What a sweetheart.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  6. brethard

brethard Active Member

One of the greatest voices in history. I'm devastated.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Al Jarreau. He had a smooth voice that was perfect. My favorite songs that he sung were Mornin', Moonlighting theme, Blue Skies and Get My Boogie Down. Such a great singer.
    May he Rest In Peace.

8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

One of my fave Jarreau songs was Roof Garden and Get My Boogie Down.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

‘Twister’, 'Aliens', ‘Big Love’ Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61

[​IMG]

Actor Bill Paxton, star of film hits like Twister and Near Dark and TV’s Big Love and Hatfields & McCoys, died Saturday due to complications from surgery. He was 61.

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” his family said in a statement. “A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker. Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable. We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

Paxton, who has a costarring role in the upcoming Tom Hanks sci-fi drama The Circle (due in theaters April 28), was born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas, and made his front-of-camera “debut” at age 8 on the morning of November 22, 1963, when he was photographed in a Texas crowd greeting President John F. Kennedy on the morning of the Kennedy assassination. The Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas displays the picture.

After small roles in the 1970s, Paxton’s visibility blossomed during the 1980s with notable small or supporting film and TV roles in Stripes, The Lords of Discipline, The Terminator, The Atlanta Child Murders, Weird Silence, An Early Frost and Aliens.

In 1987, Paxton commanded attention as a sadistic but charming vampire in Kathryn Bigelow’s moody Near Dark, and the actor then gave one memorable performance after another, often in projects recalled now for few reasons other than his presence. He was in One False Move and Boxing Helena, Indian Summer and Tombstone.

The bigger movies and roles soon arrived: 1994’s True Lies, ’95’s Apollo 13 and the starring role in 1996 blockbuster Twister. He played a treasure hunter in ’97’s Titanic and a professor in Mighty Joe Young (’98).

But it was television that would bring some of his best, highest-profile roles, notably the lead of HBO’s Big Love (2006-11). As the much-married polygamist Bill Henrickson, Paxton brought both charm and sex appeal to a role that could have been extremely unsympathetic, and indeed was crucial to giving the series a credible, likable center, if not quite a hero then at least a flawed, kind man who viewers (and Henrickson’s devoted “sister-wives”) could embrace.

In a statement released today by HBO, Big Love‘s success was attributed to Paxton’s “extraordinary talent and grace.” See the statement in full below.

More recently, Paxton appeared in the very popular Hatfields & McCoys and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., as well as Training Day and Texas Rising.

Paxton is set to appear in the upcoming The Circle along with Tom Hanks and Emma Watson. James Ponsoldt’s sci-fi drama, based on Dave Eggers 2013 novel, hits theaters April 28, 2017.

Here is HBO’s statement on Paxton’s passing:

“We are extremely saddened to hear of the passing of Bill Paxton. Big Love was a seminal series for HBO for many years due to Bill’s extraordinary talent and grace. Off screen, he was as warm, smart and fun as one could be. A true friend to so many at HBO. He will be greatly missed.”

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Bill Paxton. To me his best role was the Colonial Space Marine Private Hudson from Aliens. I used to work in a movie theater at the concession stand. When we became really busy, a co-worker and I would say the classic line, "WE'RE IN REALLY DEEP SHIT, MAN!"
    Hudson was the most relatable character in Aliens.

His role in Titanic was okay because he was just like the audience and we were watching a story unfold.

I really loved his role as Morgan Earp in Tombstone. He played a young, brace and yet curious and innocent man.

In Twister, he played a character who had been played a lot in film; the maverick who is trying to move forward but is brought back into the action.

I was surprised when he played the role of Jeff Tracy in the live action version of Thunderbirds, directed by Jonathan Frakes. It was passable.

I remember when I was an extra on the set of Fair Game. I was talking to a crew member on the set and mentioned that I had heard that actress Jeanette Goldstein(she was also in Titanic as the Irish single mother who denied a spot on the lifeboats)was in the film. I said that I loved her in Aliens and quoted the line between her and Paxton.

Hudson-"Hey, Vasquez. Have you ever been mistaken for a man?"
    Vasquez-"No. Have you?"

Jeanette Goldstein was less than three feet away from me.

He will be sorely missed.

May he Rest In Peace.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah, sad passing but what a great, long life. His music was trendsetting and covered by the best. R.I.P Chuck.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Sadly,he can't sue because his little sister is dead. Mr.Baio is a shameful human being for not apologizing.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Non celebrity/non-one percent folks don't have the time or money to be suing for slander, especially if they are grieving for a loved one they just lost.

Baio should just man up and apologize for his comments rather than playing victim considering he clearly didn't have any interactions with Moran and her family probably for years to even know what she was going through as far as her dealing with cancer.