Eddie Murphy and Paige Butcher

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Kid Rasta, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Which puts K's argument about "noble" to rest.

Those things are not about the person who has them to the woman that wants them, therefore even more superficial than looks.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Ok....

3. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Like K said, I think there are enough women who’d like to be with someone famous just to get their own share of limelight and red carpet events. For me personally someone being „famous“ is a minus, not a plus. But it’s not everyone.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They're putting it on the same level as money which is insane. I wouldn't be too shocked if it's true. Humans are only separated from chimps by culture and capacity for language, and our culture can use some work to say the least.

Too me money = freedom, the only reason I value it at all. For many it's power or status, so it's not too hard to see why fame would be held in high regard to some.

5. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Me too.

6. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Sounds A LOT like some of these people in Los Angeles. Smh...

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Facts

8. K

K Well-Known Member

Exactly. However, it's while it may be much more prevalent in LA, it's not exclusive to location. Take a look at how many of them go after Reality Show famous or Internet famous....it's all over.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

People are motivated by all sorts of different things. I'm sure many of them feel that fame will bring them the money too. And lets be real, fame does provide all sorts of opportunities and if they have half a brain there's going to be money with it. Let's scale it way down though. Think about in high school how the girls go for the QB. Do you really think that's because they think he's got money or is going to have money? No it's because of the image and the attention. Think of people and how much they want to be popular and noticed. There are plenty of them out there clamoring for such things. I can't imagine that any fame is worth the costs that go with it, but that's me.

10. K

K Well-Known Member

No clue. Other than maybe they see that as their version as a "good catch"??

I always wonder why men would have any interest in Instahoes too but there are plenty who do. It can't be because they are hot, there are plenty of hotter women out there. So they must want that notoriety or something.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Not easy to isolate the variables in this discussion. Football players are usually "jocks" in great shape and the ability to play the rough sport and get respect from other men likely turns a lot of them on.

Dig this: you think Goeffery or whatever his name is from the Cosby show was getting dimes working at trader joes?

Fame can help you get money yet there are a lot of actors and former famous people living not so flattering lives because they lack the cash.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No clue? Really??

13. K

K Well-Known Member

No, I don't. He wasn't famous at that time. I have a feeling since the story has blown up things have changed in that arena for him though.

I think a lot of it has to do with how they play it out too. Some are going to be much better at riding that wave for a very long time, than others will. I've met men who played a part of a season of football (or whatever sport) and are in their 50s still hyping it.

14. K

K Well-Known Member

I can theorize about all sorts of things but the reality is I have no idea why someone would be interested in fame.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

To go along with the football example, who do you think get more women if all else equal a marine or a Navy sailor?

The marine does, because he's perceived as a tough badass. Same would apply to football players.

16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

My take is there are 3 reasons that fame helps men get women.

WARNING: Broad Generalizations Ahead!!!

1. It implies resources (money, connections, free time, spillover adoration, etc.). Women like resources.

2. Your (positive) reputation precedes you. They already feel like they know you on some level, so you skip the stranger/possible creep stage and automatically level up.

3. Other women want you (this relates to #2). Women want what other women want. They want to be chosen over those other women.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You think freeway Rick Ross getting women now that the money gone? Yes he is famous.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Well what do we have here? Three women that don't care for fame. K, maddie and Rev

Even if we are not talking about relationships here: Everyone likes money.

I win :D

19. K

K Well-Known Member

LOL you're so funny. Money doesn't do it for me either. This may be an area that I'm really stupid about.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't think you are a gold digger at all, but you like money. Nothing wrong with that. Didn't say you were greedy.

You
    Money

So do I.