Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-10-31-09-56-33(1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20201031_095855.jpg

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1598332127332.jpg

4. hulkx

hulkx Active Member

On the upside, all of those pets and deceased people that received unrequited mail-in ballots pose little risk for spreading the virus.
    That is until someone else fills out and mails in those ballots :)

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

6. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

8. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

9. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

"But..but what about my freedom & God given rights to be ain't shit, though?"

12. Tamstrong

I guess they'll have to find a place that caters to folks who think they're more important than everyone else.

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The mask study finally dropped Yesterday:

https://twitter.com/DrEliDavid/status/1329070150671167495
    [​IMG]
    https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

Full size image from the tweet:

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/JamesTodaroMD/status/1329086854725963777
    [​IMG]

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1329177353172492301
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Details matter
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/leahro...you-should-still-wear-a-mask/?sh=4cee4c6639e7

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Donald Trump Jr. Infected by Coronavirus and in Isolation
    By Jennifer Jacobs, Tyler Pager, and Mario Parker @ Bloomberg.com
    November 20, 2020, 3:01 PM PST

President Donald Trump’s oldest son, Donald Trump Jr., tested positive for coronavirus infection earlier this week and is isolating, according to three people familiar with the matter.

A spokesman for Trump Jr. said in a statement he is asymptomatic for Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus.

Trump Jr. adds to the dozens of people associated with the president who have been infected by the virus, including Trump himself. On Friday, Rudy Giuliani’s son Andrew Giuliani, who is a White House aide, announced on Twitter he had tested positive. In addition, an aide to Vice President Mike Pence, Hannah McInnis, tested positive earlier this month, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Several of Pence’s aides have been infected, including his press secretary and chief of staff. Pence himself has not.

Giuliani attended a news conference his father hosted Thursday where he and other Trump-allied lawyers repeated unsubstantiated claims that voter fraud had led to the president’s defeat for re-election. One of the lawyers, Jenna Ellis, said Friday on Twitter that she and Rudy Giuliani had tested negative for infection.

The coronavirus pandemic is surging around the country, with new cases regularly topping 150,000 per day since last week. More than 254,000 Americans have died from the virus since February.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I've talked to a disturbing amount of people who said they don't plan on getting vaccinated when they become available. I'm blown away by this kind of thinking.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Are they anti vaxxers overall or people who just aren't getting it right away when it becomes available? I know a few (black folks in particular) who aren't getting it right away just to make sure it is safe with no adverse side effects. That Tuskegee Syndrome makes a lot of black folks leery about any kind of new medical related things straight from the get go.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Most of them are older folks that I work with, these are people who are right in the covid danger zone (over 65 and butt loads of underlying conditions) Their reasoning seems to be that if other people get it (and assume the risk of side-effects) they don't have to, they seem to be counting on a human immunity shield. I've told some of them that isn't the best strategy but they don't seem to care.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

At some point you have to rely on common sense and not social media.
    During a flu outbreak or COVID19, do you think it makes sense to wash your hands more frequently or not at all??
    You need to stop making this pandemic a political issue. It's not about scoring points against the libs.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

He can't help but make everything a political issue because he clearly views EVERYTHING through the skewed lens of politics. Common sense, facts & basic logic go out the window for people like that as we have been seeing over the last 10+ years or more.