Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Announces COVID-19 Diagnosis for Himself & His Family

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson announced he and his family were recently diagnosed with the coronavirus (COVID-19).

In an 11-minute Instagram video, Johnson revealed his family is recovering from the virus. He also discussed his daughters' symptoms, as well as how they contracted it. "I wanted to give you guys a little helpful update on some of the things that I've been going through on my end for the past two and half to three weeks now," he said to open the video. "My wife Lauren, as well as my two baby girls, and myself, we have all tested positive for COVID-19."

"I wish it was only me that tested positive, but it wasn't. It was my entire family," he continued. "So this one was a real kick in the gut. But I am happy to tell you guys that we, as a family, are good. We are on the other end of it. We are on the other side. We are no longer contagious, and we are -- thank God -- we are healthy. We've gotten through COVID-19 stronger and healthier."

"Generally, babies and little children can often have little to no symptoms at all. So, for our babies Jazzy and Tia, they had a little sore throat for the first couple of days, but other than that, they bounced back, and it's been life as normal," he revealed. "Happy babies running around and playing. But we have isolated ourselves as a family. It's what we had to do... It was a little bit different for Lauren and I. We had a rough go, but we got through it, and we got through it as a family. We are stronger. We are better."

"Here's how we got COVID-19. We picked up COVID-19 from very close family friends," he added, pausing for emphasis. "These are people who we love and trust. These are people who we still love and trust, and they are devastated, by the way, that they were the ones that picked it up. They have no idea where they picked it up. They're devastated that it led to them infecting our family with it."

"They, like us, have been incredibly disciplined. We have been disciplined. We have quarantined. We have been isolated. I have not worked. I feel like we've done a pretty good job of protecting our family," he explained. "But you still never know. You never know... Get everybody tested before they come over. Have them tested the day before and, if they test positive, you stay away. If you don't, then you come over. So those are some of things we're going to be doing."

He recommended boosting immunity through measures like taking antioxidants and vitamins and staying hydrated. "We've got to control the controllables," he said.

He also encouraged his viewers to wear a mask. "It baffles me that some people out there, including some politicians, will take this idea of wearing a mask and make it a political agenda," he admitted. "It has nothing to do with politics. Wear your mask. It is a fact and it is the right thing to do and it's the responsible thing to do, not only for yourself, but for your family and loved ones and also for your fellow human beings."

"Stay healthy, my friends, and I'll see you down the road," he concluded.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

5. ColiBreh1

At the time, the media were giving him shit for the UV light comment too. So much so, that YouTube took down a video about UV light treatment from a publicly-traded tech company because Trump supporters were using that video as proof as that UV light treatment was a real thing.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

There's obviously more than one way to treat it. Shouldn't vaccines be more of interest now?

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I remember UV light being used to cure genital warts. A team of mexican scientists lead by a mexican woman had the findings. The vast majority of memes involved the "injecting household cleaner" thing. But, I guess if you ignore the copious amounts of stupid shit he said and focus on the one viable option he mentioned, then yes, her statement paints a clear picture. And to reiterate, you would have to ignore, literally, everything else. Which, as I understand it, is common in trump-worship circles.

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-09-14-12-53-06(1).png

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

10. ColiBreh1

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Maybe this will get our leadership to lock down for a month and provide homes with 2k a month until the virus has a viable and widespread vaccine. Or we will never ever get back to normal. We can no longer pretend this is as simple as the flu.

13. ColiBreh1

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  14. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

This whole thing is a clusterfuck. It's like, yes we made a mistake with the lockdown, but now we can't reverse the lockdown. We're stuck.

They just need to rip the bandaid off and stop the lockdown. Fewer people are dying from it, it's time to open society so the rest of us can get the herd immunity going.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This tweet is misleading, the WHO's spokesman Dr. David Nabarro said "Too many restrictions damage people’s livelihoods and provoke resentment. But letting ‘Virus run wild’ will lead to lots of deaths as well as debilitating long-COVID among younger people. A middle path is needed…."

“We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus,” Nabarro said.

“The only time we believe a lockdown is justified is to buy you time to reorganize, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted, but by and large, we’d rather not do it.”

https://nypost.com/2020/10/11/who-warns-against-covid-19-lockdowns-due-to-economic-damage/

They didn't "condemn" lockdowns, they basically said what everyone already knew, lockdowns aren't the cure to the problem and they bring their own problems.

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Stop it. You're providing context. That is frowned upon, here.

17. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

He didn't even get a moment of silence at the RNC.

18. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

19. ColiBreh1

I just watched the video clip:

https://twitter.com/spectator/status/1314573157827858434

The WHO Doctor literally doesn't contradict anything that the anti-lockdown doctors & media folks have been saying for months.

It's state-by-state thing. Some states still have ridiculous restrictions (i.e. Michigan) others have looser restrictions or have fully opened up.

20. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I’m also more confident in the Oxford vaccine than Moderna (and all the other ones that use mRNA tech). Unfortunately Switzerland has a deal with Moderna, actually has a plant in Switzerland which is supposed to produce large amounts of the vaccine so that’s what we’ll be offered at first. Not sure I’ll be taking it. Need more info on what mRNA can do inside the body.