China Bans Hip-Hop Culture From TV

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Jan 22, 2018.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fam please knock that off. How do "we" control gang violence no other community on earth is expected to be responsible for the actions of the criminal element in their community. How do you propose we stop gangs? Form citizens on patrol and get murdered in the process?
    Solve the economic issues and everything else is solved with it. Literally everything.
    And the only reason white people are in my head as you say is because too many older black people keep spewing that tired Bill Cosby rhetoric of pulling up our pants and stop listening to rap as if that's going to stop people from hating us. I brought up lynchings to show even at our most benign that shit did not matter. They were still raping and killing little black girls killing our men for whistling and we were church going never step out of line folks then and that shit didn't curb the cruelty not one bit.

2. The Dark King

Ok I'll do that when we stop making mob movies the most glamorous part of cinema. We NEVER hold people like Dinero or Liota accountable for the negatives of Italians. Are we watching Sons of Anarchy and holding those actors or that show accountable for white crime?
    This shit has absolutely nothing to do with music. You know what breeds the bad attitudes is poor conditions and being over policed. Listening to classical music isn't going to change that, changing the economic conditions. Its the same story in poor areas all over the world and they ain't listening to rap or have sagging pants. What they do have in common is oppressive regimes and poor economic conditions. Meditate on that one fam.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

ONCE MORE FOR THE CHEAP SEATS

WISH I COULD UPVOTE THIS MORE THAN ONCE

4. RicardoCooper

HOLY SHIT YOU'RE ON FIRE. THANK YOU

5. The Dark King

You old heads need a club lol

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Which came first? Rick Ross the rapper or Rick Ross the coke dealer?

See how easy that was?

7. RicardoCooper

When your argument is weak, go ageist.

8. The Dark King

My argument is spot on. You have absolutely nothing to back up your assertions other than anecdotes.
    Yes we can all agree crime is bad and blacks are doing bad academically but it has far less to do with hip hop and lack of respect than it has to do with complete over policing of our people. Anyone ever wonder why countries like Finland and Sweden do so well. You think they have a genetic advantage over us? Do you think immigrants who come here from Germany or Russia are just innately smarter or is that these people are left the fuck alone to succeed. No over reaching outside entity constantly disrupting their lives no outside force bringing never ending blows to their psyche.
    Again look at poor areas around the globe people engage in identical behavior patterns and they aren't listening to hip hop. So enough with the of only nonsense. Like I've said before they don't need a reason to hate us because when every does what we do its edgy and cool when we do it it warrants a lethal response.

9. The Dark King

No no no its the music these blacks need to learn respect

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Medulla is using supply side logic, inherently flawed.

11. The Dark King

Oh shit someones flexing his college degree.
    And for those who don't know what supply side economics is its basically Reaganomics.

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Okay, show me one time in American history where banning music stopped the culture from going down the path it was going before said banned style of music was introduced. Point out one. Just. One.

13. The Dark King

Nope y'all negroes just need to learn how to behave.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. RicardoCooper

Those old crackers were onto something lol

16. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I live in a predominantly Chinese community in Los Angeles (one of the highest concentrations of Chinese people in Southern California) and I can say from personal experience that the Chinese don't typically socialize and involved themselves with African Americans. I would say that tends to be the case for Asians in general, but since this topic is about China I will speak on that specifically.

On the other hand, the Chinese do seem to favor "Western" a.k.a. European culture. I often get the sense that they look up to "white" culture and try to mimic it in some ways while they shy away from "black" culture and want as little to do with it as possible, if not, completely avoid it altogether.

It's so common to find the token white person(s) in a group of all Asians. Can't say the same for a token black person in the same scenario.

17. The Dark King

Yup I can attest to that with the Asian thing. I can tell I'm one of few black people my girl's family has ever encountered yet whiteness is everywhere in some cases more so than their own people.
    Truthfully I get it from their limited perspective all they see is who is living well who is treated well so they gravitate towards that not realizing they support white supremacy and ultimately can never be a part of it

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That pretty much goes for all non white folks who buy into & enable white supremacy. Even though time & time again we see that it doesn't work, we still have a segment of the black community that will ride hard for the bullshit that is respectability politics. I've said this before, Obama in how he presents and conducts himself is damn near the poster child of what respectable negroes preach when it comes to how black folks should be and how did being "respectable" work out for him? And he's half white......

19. The Dark King

Preach

20. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Well I guess you told me then! Pure genius!

Did you get brains like that from your mom or your pops? :D