China Bans Hip-Hop Culture From TV

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

China's state media regulator announced that all Hip-Hop imagery, as well as people with tattoo's, are banned from being seen on TV throughout the whole country. They claim it is "tasteless, vulgar, and obscene."

I think sometimes people forget that even though China has KFC's and Apple stores, it's still a hardline communist country.

http://time.com/5112061/china-hip-hop-ban-tattoos-television/

2. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Ha, sucks for them.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Good news they should do that here lol

But they can still get western Internet. There are VPN thingies that help them go around the Great Firewall

4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

While I wont paint all of Hip Hop with the same brush, I agree that much of it is obscene, vulgar and tasteless and a detriment to our youth. It has been banned in my house for my kids since day 1, as has all music that fits such descriptions, not just Hip Hop. Now hear me clearly, there does exist, positive, uplifting, intelligent Hip Hop, and that is always welcome.

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Fuck em.

Half of China doesn't even realize there are Black people in America.

6. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

All day

7. RicardoCooper

Oh, they know, that's why they banned hip-hop

They don't want their Chinese kids copying these trap lowlifes lol

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was just going off what I've heard from Black ex-pats on YT living in China and how shocked the average Chinese is when he or she finds out they're from America. The Chinese elites and those tuned into global media know we're here, but most Chinese think the USA is an all White country.

No the elites in China are finding out pop culture in the USA is fueled by Black Americans, and they definitely don't want their children imitating us.

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

That would be an upgrade for the AVERAGE chink.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

And it's not only China that thinks that we only live in Africa.

11. RicardoCooper

12. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

13. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Interesting that this comes in the heels of the bell shoplifting incident...

Oh well, can't say I much blame them. Their culture, so it's up to them...

I also hate how today's hip-hoppers are trashing the artform (and the community) for personal profit.

Our music is "the family jewels"... The guys promoting backward bullshit thru the music should be targets of scorn & ridicule...

Time for a war in the arts world ... I think those types are vulnerable... especially those fools going overboard, with all the facial tattoos & such... They're jokes -- it should be relatively easy to make ppl see that...

I have zero interest in going to China or living under a Chinese system... But I can see their point...

..& in fairness, did China ban hip hop specifically? ..Or is that just how it's being sold? Hmm...

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You guys are hilarious and a great example of how propaganda is powerful. So we are going to gloss over all the entertainment with white people acting a fool from acting to music to comedy but for some reason black people are ALWAYS tasked with the burden of respectability. Hip hop as a whole ain't that uplifting but what is? Show me the uplifting and positive popular media and conversely show me that its opposite doesn't exist. For every dumb idiot rapping about nonsense we have white stars acting a fool. As long as they aren't hurting anyone why can't they economically enrich themselves?

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Well it China I assume they worried about Hip Hop Protest Roots and Individuality. Counter Culture tends to be dangerous to repressive regimes...course the problem is Big Brother telling you don't do it tends to not hurt popularity for teens and young adults so I see this backfiring horribly.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  16. RicardoCooper

I wouldn't want my children imitating mumble-rap scumbags either. Lucky I don't have any

17. The Dark King

Who would you want them to imitate?

18. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

The lowest ghetto scumbag would never drop his pants and shit in the isle of an airplane.:D

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If I had a kid and they came home with an album from someone like dude that's simping for Amber rose or dude dancing in front of pink trap house, I'd throw it right in the trash.

I would want them to pick their own tunes but I have my limits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. The Dark King

Come home with an album? Ok grandpa lol