Chicago: Experiencing Shootings every week, Going Unnoticed

Discussion in 'In the News' started by tropolis, Mar 21, 2012.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

They've got brownstones for 300k. The only question is to buy now or wait for the bubble to burst. In 10 years that brownstone will be worth 3m easy

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• So far this year over 1,800 people have been shot in the city's violent crimewave
    • Seven people were shot at a playground 'peace picnic' on Saturday evening
    • Authorities have described the city as a 'war zone' with many calling for change
    Another 'war-zone' weekend in Chicago: Five people shot dead and more than 50 wounded since Friday night - with victims including a three-year-old boy and three people at a 'peace picnic'

Is the media covering this??

3. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are covering it.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well I've heard nothing remotely consistent as the other news dominating the airways day after day.
    This 16 yr old child was found shot to death with another teen in a field near his home. He was a model student at a Christian School and excelled at Basketball. His mother, father and step father were frantic.
    A wasted life full of potential. How is he not Trayvon??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

It gets constant coverage but people dont actually care about Chicago. That's why people always bring up "black on black crime" in Chicago. The average person has one image of Chicago, and that is a warzone with a bunch of dread headed brothers shooting each other. Ive never been to the city but know plenty of people from there and it's not what the media paints it out to be. Like any other city, its in concentrated areas and Chicago is still a racially segregated area. The next time a gun control debate or black person gets shot by the police, best believe people are going to have Chicago shooting statistics on hand.

As far as this kid that got shot, I haven't heard anything about it. I'll look into it. But the nation isn't goin going to care about a murdered black kid in a world of Laci Petersens, Natalie Holloways and Elizabeth Smarts

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Personally I would pick Chicago over a bunch of places. Like.... St.louis, Detriot, Jersey, Baltimore, Alabama, PA, Miss, Kentucky, or any other Midwestern city at this point.

There are actually a lot of sub par cities in America with a bunch of backward ass people. To me the Chi is just too friggin cold, Plus I like sports cars and beaches.